Marshon Freaking Lattimore

saintsfan

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AjvqihcNb--ncxxt40gJ84hvoBA

^Marshon in coverage through the Bucs game. I tallied up just 8 catches and 78 yards allowed by him in man so far, pretty crazy. Currently doing Jalen Ramsey, probably Xavier Rhodes or Chris Harris next, which will give some grounds for comparison and provide more context to these numbers.

Out of 224 snaps, this kid has 27 targets, 12 completions, and only 1 TD, for a rookie? Ridiculous!!!

That's a completion every 18-19 snaps. OH SNAP!!!

7 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Out of 224 snaps, this kid has 27 targets, 12 completions, and only 1 TD, for a rookie? Ridiculous!!!

That's a completion every 18-19 snaps. OH SNAP!!!

I didn't even know he had given up a TD.....

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

The TD he gave up in week 1 was in zone, does PFF only grade man?

I think they only consider zone coverage when there is for sure someone that can be held responsible.  Part of the reason the Jaguars have such high ratings on the DBs is that they have given up big plays through zone coverage when blame could be spread around, or so I've heard.  Even then if you count the zone TD against Lattimore, he'd still be at the top of the list I'm sure as you would still need to go through and count other players zone plays as well.

Just now, Raves said:

I think they only consider zone coverage when there is for sure someone that can be held responsible.  Part of the reason the Jaguars have such high ratings on the DBs is that they have given up big plays through zone coverage when blame could be spread around, or so I've heard.  Even then if you count the zone TD against Lattimore, he'd still be at the top of the list I'm sure as you would still need to go through and count other players zone plays as well.

Yea, I wasn't taking anything away from him, it's still absurd performance, just curious as to why PFF didn't count that TD against him.

1 hour ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yea, I wasn't taking anything away from him, it's still absurd performance, just curious as to why PFF didn't count that TD against him.

If he did his job...they don’t count it against him. There’s some subjectivity. I just watched the replay...Lattimore bump Rudolph (not a great bump) and released him to the safety. The safety was late getting to his responsibility. Lattimore read Bradford but couldn’t get back in time to deflect the pass. I’d put half of the TD on Lattimore, and the other half on Williams. But nit-picking his first NFL game is all his critics have to point to. Dudes insane. 

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

The TD he gave up in week 1 was in zone, does PFF only grade man?

1 hour ago, Raves said:

I heard they don't look at zone at all. Like if the play looks like zone they just don't grade it. Not positive though. 

9 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

If he did his job...they don’t count it against him. There’s some subjectivity. I just watched the replay...Lattimore bump Rudolph (not a great bump) and released him to the safety. The safety was late getting to his responsibility. Lattimore read Bradford but couldn’t get back in time to deflect the pass. I’d put half of the TD on Lattimore, and the other half on Williams. But nit-picking his first NFL game is all his critics have to point to. Dudes insane. 

Yeah, in his first game of his NFL career. I'll give him a pass ;)

Archived