Marshon Freaking Lattimore

saintsfan

3 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

I started watching in 88, so my football watching experience became greatly skewed due to their greatness xD by the time the late 90's rolled around I was just in despair. All I had known was defensive greatness, and then it disappeared from the mid 90's until about 2009.

Well now we have the opposite from people who became fans in 06 lol, they're in for a big surprise of what bad offense looks like once Brees/Payton are gone. 

3 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Well now we have the opposite from people who became fans in 06 lol, they're in for a big surprise of what bad offense looks like once Brees/Payton are gone. 

‘06er checking in!

Speaking of bad offense and how we never want to see that again... We all know Brees is a stones throw away from 40 and time is running out. 

Looking toward the future I've got to admit, Baker Mayfield would be dynamic in Sean Payton's offense. Payton has spoken about how the game has evolved to a point where mobility is a must for quarterbacks. Accuracy (particularly deep ball accuarcy) is very important in Payton's scheme and Mayfield has it. Touch on intermediate passes... CHECK. Leadership and toughness, no one can argue that Mayfield does not bring that to the table. I'd LOVE to see the Saints make a move this year and bring Mayfield in as Drews eventual successor. 

10 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Speaking of bad offense and how we never want to see that again... We all know Brees is a stones throw away from 40 and time is running out. 

Looking toward the future I've got to admit, Baker Mayfield would be dynamic in Sean Payton's offense. Payton has spoken about how the game has evolved to a point where mobility is a must for quarterbacks. Accuracy (particularly deep ball accuarcy) is very important in Payton's scheme and Mayfield has it. Touch on intermediate passes... CHECK. Leadership and toughness, no one can argue that Mayfield does not bring that to the table. I'd LOVE to see the Saints make a move this year and bring Mayfield in as Drews eventual successor. 

Now that I have looked at some videos of him I know who I want and no one else. I demand Mayfield. I'll give up picks. Get in position for this fella.

4 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

Now that I have looked at some videos of him I know who I want and no one else. I demand Mayfield. I'll give up picks. Get in position for this fella.

True

I just dont know where to draft him... Many want to automatically compare him to Manziel but thats a poor comparison IMO. I went back and my evaluation of Mayfield is eerily similar to that of Russell Wilson coming out of Wisconsin. The only exception is that I felt that Wilson had a little bit stronger arm and more straight line speed while Mayfield has more short area quickness and accuracy of the too at this point in their college careers. Wilson of course was a few inches shorter than Mayfield but i still gave Wilson a top 50 (high 2nd round) grade. Wilson eventually went in the 3rd round. The one thing Im still unsure about Mayfield is his overall football intelligence where as Wilson's was through the roof but im betting on it being superb as he shows progressions in his reads seemlessly when given time. Unlike Manziel, both Wilson and Mayfield scramble to throw and not to run. 

As of now (which its very early in the process) i have a top 50 grade on Mayfield but if the Saints are picking in the late 20's (hopefully 32) I could envision a scenario where the 5th year option granted to 1st round picks would make it more enticing for the Saints to grab Mayfield at the end of round 1 and Mayfield himself has enough time left to continue climbing my board toward that top 32 to justify the pick and as we know QB's ALWAYS get pushed up the closer we get to April.

I'm right along with you guys. I started watching football in the late 70's and decided to pick a team in the mid 80's. My parents sealed the deal when I said I liked the Saint's uniforms, and they got me a Ricky Jackson jersey for Christmas. A home #57 jersey, it was the coolest thing I'd ever gotten, and I still have it, of course.

So, yeah, I've seen the frustration (of no offense) of bad defense, other than the patrol. And then I got to see really bad, then really good etc...

It's been a ride, and it'll continue to be fun.

Cheers, ya'll!!

Just now, Mid Iowa said:

and this post just needs a bump, for Lattimore's sake.

STUD!!!

We cloned prime Revis tbh. Prime Sherman was good too but Shon's play reminds me a lot more of Revis. Sherman was more about jamming guys at the line and being physical while Revis/Shon just completely shadow and blank a WR.

23 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

We cloned prime Revis tbh. Prime Sherman was good too but Shon's play reminds me a lot more of Revis. Sherman was more about jamming guys at the line and being physical while Revis/Shon just completely shadow and blank a WR.

His confidence and skill are amazing... Almost unbelievable to see a corner so good in black and gold. I mean we have had good ones in the past but this kid is special!

Archived