Non- News ? Tanya Co-CEO

RSkinGM

19 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Dan must’ve done something pretty bad. 

I agree, he’s getting suspended so they named Tanya as a Co-CEO so nothing happens. I don’t think it moves the needle or makes a difference in anything though.

Also, he’s only been in the office for 29 days for years? 

He’s not even there, he let Bruce Allen do everything? Dan wasn’t involved? I think that’s a bunch of BS too. 

This is Snyder trying to spin this and to take blame away from Dan.

23 hours ago, offbyone said:

And that isn't changing.  

We aren't special in having a bad organization.  If you look around the league, you see a lot of organizational failures and bad owners.  Some teams get away with a mess because they win and fans look the other way.  We haven't been so lucky.  At least Snyder is making changes.  If Snyder can figure it out, he is young and we could see a positive direction for decades.

I hope the changes make a difference but I don’t believe they will. I’d love for Tanya, Jason Wright, Rivera & others to be allowed to make more decisions and that be a positive moving forward but I don’t believe it will make a difference.

I also think this is spin/a cover up/Snyder trying to distance himself from Bruce Allen, Cerrato & those who worked under them last two decades from the awful culture they created and were allowed to have in Ashburn.

Again, I hope it works out well for the future but I don’t believe this makes a huge difference & I don’t trust that it will make a huge difference on the field too. I expect at some point Snyder will Meddle. We’ve believed before Snyder has changed & blamed Bruce for everything but I don’t know if that’s what happened, Bruce inherited Alex Santos for example. 

I guess we’ll see, I’m definitely open to this working for the long term, I don’t just believe it will.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I hope the changes make a difference but I don’t believe they will. I’d love for Tanya, Jason Wright, Rivera & others to be allowed to make more decisions and that be a positive moving forward but I don’t believe it will make a difference.

I also think this is spin/a cover up/Snyder trying to distance himself from Bruce Allen, Cerrato & those who worked under them last two decades from the awful culture they created and were allowed to have in Ashburn.

Again, I hope it works out well for the future but I don’t believe this makes a huge difference & I don’t trust that it will make a huge difference on the field too. I expect at some point Snyder will Meddle. We’ve believed before Snyder has changed & blamed Bruce for everything but I don’t know if that’s what happened, Bruce inherited Alex Santos for example. 

I guess we’ll see, I’m definitely open to this working for the long term, I don’t just believe it will.

IMO Snyder should be able to meddle, at least a little.  He is the owner.  What do you expect him to be a completely silent owner?  Heck I wish he meddled sooner with the Bruce Allen regime.  

We got to be realistic here people.  Snyder owns the team.  He is going to be involved to a degree.  Clearly Rivera has overwhelming power of the football side.  What more do you want?

15 hours ago, offbyone said:

IMO Snyder should be able to meddle, at least a little.  He is the owner.  What do you expect him to be a completely silent owner?  Heck I wish he meddled sooner with the Bruce Allen regime.  

We got to be realistic here people.  Snyder owns the team.  He is going to be involved to a degree.  Clearly Rivera has overwhelming power of the football side.  What more do you want?

I think every move that Bruce made Dan knew about & was involved in just like when Cerrato was here. And if Dan didn’t know about the culture/sexual harassment stuff, he should have, at worst Dan is complicit in what happened in Ashburn the previous 20 years bc he did nothing about it and was only there 29 times ... so he says! He’s crying ignorance right now, which is a joke! Bruce was a yes man for Dan, Dan knew everything.

The entire reason Kirk Cousins wasn’t re-signed for example was because Dan didn’t want him, Dan never wanted Kirk. Kirk was The Shanahan’s guy & Dan wanted RG3 to be the QB. McCloughan & Gruden convinced Dan & Bruce that Kirk needed his shot, otherwise RG3 would’ve been our starter in 2015 & probably re-signed on a long term deal in 2016.

I realize Snyder owns the team & will meddle. I also know I don’t trust him as far as I can throw him.

Rivera for now has control of football operations, it remains to be seen how long that last before Dan meddles. If we don’t find a good young franchise QB, I think Dan will meddle like he did with forcing Brice/Kyle/Jay to draft Haskins when Kyle & Jay didn’t want him.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, offbyone said:

What more do I want? I want the NFL to show a backbone and remove an owner that allowed the culture he did to fester for years. Not only did he allow it, he participated. There’s absolutely no excuse for him to be allowed to continue ownership of the team. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 8:57 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I do think that the whole optics of this organization have switched because Snyder wants to get the new stadium.  What was going on- rampant cronyism, an organization where sexual harassment ran rampant and no one did anything about it, and just treating it like his own private entertainment- wasn’t going to make people budge.  It was actually chasing them away.  DC wanted no part of a new stadium until and unless the name changed.  Virginia has been lukewarm on a stadium site ever since Richmond has suffered from the training camp deal and Maryland pulled back their land offer near the National Harbor.

So now he’s done a complete 180 on things.  He’s hired a minority coach, GM, team president and now named his wife the co-CEO.  He brought in an outside organization (also suggested by the NFL, but I digress) to evaluate the organization from the top down as far as HR goes.  He’s also done a 180 from saying that the team name would never change.  

So yeah, I definitely think optics is at play here.  This is not change to make things different or better.  But it’s either this, or he got caught doing some kind of infidelity he should not have been doing. 

I agree. He needs his big expensive tax payer funded stadium now. Because the writing is on the wall for the entire league. Saw the avg age for their viewers has pushed to 50. Turn of the century it was in the 20s. All media in general has been going to the wayside. I just dont see them grabbing the same deals 10 years in the future. Dan has to pounce on this stadium thing before long. A multi billion dollar majority tax paid property in his name makes for a great cashin. He waits to long. Might not get the same level of funding.

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I agree. He needs his big expensive tax payer funded stadium now. Because the writing is on the wall for the entire league. Saw the avg age for their viewers has pushed to 50. Turn of the century it was in the 20s. All media in general has been going to the wayside. I just dont see them grabbing the same deals 10 years in the future. Dan has to pounce on this stadium thing before long. A multi billion dollar majority tax paid property in his name makes for a great cashin. He waits to long. Might not get the same level of funding.

I hope it’s not in Maryland again, I hope they build a stadium at RFK. People may not forget or never knew that Maryland tax payers payed for two stadiums in the mid 1990s, RalJon/Fed Ex Field for the Redskins & when the Ravens/Modell got his new stadium in Baltimore, what now in M&T Bank Stadium.

3 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I wonder is now that’s she’s officially co CEO if she devorced Snyder in the ultimate power play maybe just maybe we say bye bye Dan 🤣🤣🤣

I think it’d be the opposite, Dan is still the owner. He’d probably give her $ but she wouldn’t be apart of the organization anymore.

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What more do I want? I want the NFL to show a backbone and remove an owner that allowed the culture he did to fester for years. Not only did he allow it, he participated. There’s absolutely no excuse for him to be allowed to continue ownership of the team. 

If that is the standard then there are lots of owners who should be removed.  It sounds like you want the NFL and Goodell to act like a dictator.  But the NFL has no moral high ground to stand upon.  Lets not act like Snyder is the only moral or negative culture piece in the nfl.  At least he isn't one that kids look up to.

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think every move that Bruce made Dan knew about & was involved in just like when Cerrato was here. And if Dan didn’t know about the culture/sexual harassment stuff, he should have, at worst Dan is complicit in what happened in Ashburn the previous 20 years bc he did nothing about it and was only there 29 times ... so he says! He’s crying ignorance right now, which is a joke! Bruce was a yes man for Dan, Dan knew everything.

The entire reason Kirk Cousins wasn’t re-signed for example was because Dan didn’t want him, Dan never wanted Kirk. Kirk was The Shanahan’s guy & Dan wanted RG3 to be the QB. McCloughan & Gruden convinced Dan & Bruce that Kirk needed his shot, otherwise RG3 would’ve been our starter in 2015 & probably re-signed on a long term deal in 2016.

I realize Snyder owns the team & will meddle. I also know I don’t trust him as far as I can throw him.

Rivera for now has control of football operations, it remains to be seen how long that last before Dan meddles. If we don’t find a good young franchise QB, I think Dan will meddle like he did with forcing Brice/Kyle/Jay to draft Haskins when Kyle & Jay didn’t want him.

First of all you care completely wrong about the Cousins issue.  That mess is because we had no foresight and then Allen insulted Cousins with his bad faith negotiations over and over.  

But I think this is the story of a Washington fan:

I don't want Snyder to meddle but I am glad he brought Gibbs back.  Oh but the reason the gibbs 2.0 wasn't more successful was clearly Snyder's fault.  I don't want Snyder to meddle.  I wish Snyder would step in and solve the Cousins mess.  I don't want Snyder to meddle.  I wish Snyder would step in and fire Bruce already.  I don't want Snyder to meddle but I wish he would step in and fix the Trent Williams issue.  I don't want Snyder to meddle but if Rivera can't solve the qb solution despite having options and Snyder steps in and meddles I will blame everything on Snyder.  Hahaha

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

First of all you care completely wrong about the Cousins issue.  That mess is because we had no foresight and then Allen insulted Cousins with his bad faith negotiations over and over.  

But I think this is the story of a Washington fan:

I don't want Snyder to meddle but I am glad he brought Gibbs back.  Oh but the reason the gibbs 2.0 wasn't more successful was clearly Snyder's fault.  I don't want Snyder to meddle.  I wish Snyder would step in and solve the Cousins mess.  I don't want Snyder to meddle.  I wish Snyder would step in and fire Bruce already.  I don't want Snyder to meddle but I wish he would step in and fix the Trent Williams issue.  I don't want Snyder to meddle but if Rivera can't solve the qb solution despite having options and Snyder steps in and meddles I will blame everything on Snyder.  Hahaha

Yeah, Dan has no foresight! I think Dan is more to blame than Allen, Allen was just the yes man/message mouthpiece for Dan for his entire decade in DC like Cerrato was the decade before.

Dan didn’t want Kirk, he wasn’t going to pay him on a fair market long term deal, and that’s as that, period. Dan wanted RG3 to be the starter, thankfully Gruden & McCloughan convinced Snyder that Kirk was better for the offense & to give him a shot in 2915.

They should’ve traded Kirk after 2015 or 16 - like @lavar703 said over & over - since they didn’t want him long term but Dan/Bruce didn’t have have the foresight to do that.

Yeah, so you’re little monologue there doesn’t represent my thoughts at all about Snyder. Maybe some fans, but not me.

Edited by turtle28