League fines WFT $10M due to team culture investigation

RaidersAreOne

28 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I have no idea why it’s tough. I imagine for most it’s probably not. But every story I’ve ever heard with the words ‘NFL Cheerleader’ has been a bad story. The only people who benefit from the NFL having cheerleaders are the cheerleaders. They get to advance their modeling careers and have access to super fit millionaires and get to say they’re an NFL cheerleader. Noone buys tickets to see them. Maybe some lonely dudes will buy calendars. Seems like an overall net negative.

*fans

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I have no idea why it’s tough. I imagine for most it’s probably not. But every story I’ve ever heard with the words ‘NFL Cheerleader’ has been a bad story. The only people who benefit from the NFL having cheerleaders are the cheerleaders. They get to advance their modeling careers and have access to super fit millionaires and get to say they’re an NFL cheerleader. Noone buys tickets to see them. Maybe some lonely dudes will buy calendars. Seems like an overall net negative.

We've got to love our cheerleaders.  In fact, when you really think about it, what's not to love?  :)

They do more than just dance and pose for pictures.  Here's a short article saying that "While there is a great deal of money in sports, cheerleading can often be viewed as a community service organization. Cheerleaders appear all across their state at charity events representing the team organization's charities.  In fact, this has been such an important part of cheerleading that some squads even have a non-performing cheerleading squad that goes around to make appearances on behalf of the organization."

https://cheerleading.lovetoknow.com/NFL_Cheerleaders

• Like 1