Cowboys appearing on Hard Knocks

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

Haha waiting for Dallas fans to say I am salty. It is just a fact and has nothing to do with fandom of any team. Rules state that if you have a Rookie HC or made the PLAYOFFS the previous year those teams are out of contention.

I believe its previous 2 years for playoffs.

So to say I am salty is laughable because my team went to the playoffs last year. Its lame that they are doing it for the 3rd time. Would be more entertaining to see a new team on there that has never had it.

There were only like 5ish teams to chose from, the Cowboys being one of them.

You cant sell me on Jerry Jones air time the guy has had a ton of it already. Then you have a HC who is uninspiring and lacks entertainment value.

wfrMSJG.gif

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

You can only talk about Dak's injury for so much of air time. Like every NON-COWBOYS fan is saying in here it is a grasp at ratings in hope random people would tune in based on the name Cowboys, but we all know after so many years of this show it will be just you guys looking in as there will be no entertainment to it. A young coach with passion or a savy veteran HC, a team with a young exciting QB or at least guys with character along with inspiring on the fence players is what brings entertainment to the show.

Tag me when the ratings and reviews turn out much higher than you anticipate. 

A new city, with unknown front office people, and a training camp that is rarely discussed would put more football fans in front of the show then a reboot of the same old show 10+ years later. Heck I would be more interested to see the Pats on it to see how BB reacts in front of tv screen all the time, the battle between Newton and McCorkle, the new offensive weapons they just overpaid etc would be more entertaining then the cowboys reboot. The only bonus HBO has with this is they can just reuse the voice of Liev from his last episode in Dallas and just ask him to record Dak, Zeke, and Cooper names and replace it for witten, and Romo being discussed.

Id love to see Billy B as well. Hopefully the Pats miss the playoffs again and we get them next year. 

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

They missed an opportunity with the Jags and this is coming from a Colts fan lol.

I've only watched the full Chiefs season and maybe a random episode here and there of other teams. But I"d watch a full Jags season this year.

Zero interest in seeing the Cowboys.

The best season was the Chiefs one. Since then, Hards knocks became boring and not interesting. 

The core of the show at the beginning was to show rookies battle in training camp.

Now it's focus on stars and their lifestyle.... i really don't care about that.

51 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Haha waiting for Dallas fans to say I am salty. It is just a fact and has nothing to do with fandom of any team. Rules state that if you have a Rookie HC or made the PLAYOFFS the previous year those teams are out of contention. So to say I am salty is laughable because my team went to the playoffs last year. Its lame that they are doing it for the 3rd time. Would be more entertaining to see a new team on there that has never had it. You cant sell me on Jerry Jones air time the guy has had a ton of it already. Then you have a HC who is uninspiring and lacks entertainment value. You can only talk about Dak's injury for so much of air time. Like every NON-COWBOYS fan is saying in here it is a grasp at ratings in hope random people would tune in based on the name Cowboys, but we all know after so many years of this show it will be just you guys looking in as there will be no entertainment to it. A young coach with passion or a savy veteran HC, a team with a young exciting QB or at least guys with character along with inspiring on the fence players is what brings entertainment to the show. A new city, with unknown front office people, and a training camp that is rarely discussed would put more football fans in front of the show then a reboot of the same old show 10+ years later. Heck I would be more interested to see the Pats on it to see how BB reacts in front of tv screen all the time, the battle between Newton and McCorkle, the new offensive weapons they just overpaid etc would be more entertaining then the cowboys reboot. The only bonus HBO has with this is they can just reuse the voice of Liev from his last episode in Dallas and just ask him to record Dak, Zeke, and Cooper names and replace it for witten, and Romo being discussed.

^^^^ That's a whole lot of salt for "not being salty".  

• Like 1

I think people are thinking of the All or Nothing with Cowboys.  It would be different teams if so many teams didn't avoid it like the plague.  

With these shows they need to show more warts and not edit them so heavily in favor of owners and coaches.  

I would love if they actually showed more fundamental drills from start to finish instead of 2 seconds of a jump cut.

Most interesting to thing would be to see what they are doing with all those linebackers they have now.  Doubt you will be able to learn that on show.  

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

yup going to the AFCCG over 6-10 on a tv show is super salty you caught me. 

You can have had your first good season in a long time and still be a salt mine.

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Absolutely should have been the Jags this year.  Oh well. 

Jags could refuse it - not sure if they did, but they had the option due to a new HC. 

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

You can have had your first good season in a long time and still be a salt mine.

Jags could refuse it - not sure if they did, but they had the option due to a new HC. 

They may have.  It's hard to know.  Unlike some on here, I'm not going to say the Cowboys would be uninteresting.  As a fan of another team, I will say that there are interesting things to possibly cover with the Cowboys.  I'll be interested in seeing CeeDee Lamb and what he and Dak are up to now that Dak is playing again. 

I also disagree with the poster who said that Mike McCarthy is a totally boring coach.  The guy did win a Super Bowl in Green Bay.  His message just got stale there and it was time to move on.  That's not at all unusual after a decade in one spot.  I don't even consider what happened for the Cowboys last year because they were working without their starting QB, and there was also all the Covid stuff.  It's really just a throw away year for me.  People need to give Mike McCarthy this season before even thinking about coming to any conclusions on him as a coach in Dallas, IMO.

You also have Jerruh, and like him or hate him, he's always an interesting guy to listen to.  Will he be looking for his glory hole again this year?  xD

Finally, if Hard Knocks wants to improve their ratings, they need to spend at least a little time delving into the Cowboys cheerleaders.  Red blooded American males want to know.  :)

51 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Absolutely should have been the Jags this year.  Oh well. 

Would have been a better choice, I agree.

Hard Knocks in general though I never really care about. It's crazy so many of us have that same mindset yet we are some of the most diehard fans out there. Even the Raiders series I didn't care for.