Bauer sidelined......

Leader

• 2 years later...
11 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Expecting the media to completely ignore this. 

Oh absolutely and I'm guessing he'll still be blackballed by the league. It could be argued that the worst thing to come of this is that woman receiving zero jail time. Trevor said he still wants to play ball but will anyone take on that potential PR nightmare? 

I can only imagine how frustrated he must be but at the same time, relieved. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

12 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Oh absolutely and I'm guessing he'll still be blackballed by the league. It could be argued that the worst thing to come of this is that woman receiving zero jail time. Trevor said he still wants to play ball but will anyone take on that potential PR nightmare? 

I can only imagine how frustrated he must be but at the same time, relieved. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

TBH, I think its fair for the league and teams to have black balled him during the trial when they did not have the information available to them.  Its unfortunate for him, and has definitely ruined his career but he should be welcomed back and if not, the MLB looks worse IMO.  

I sort of wish he would not have settled, but can understand why he did.  I know she doesn't have much to take but he should have taken all he could and given it to a women's abuse center or something. Make her publicly admit she lied and is an awful human being. 

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

TBH, I think its fair for the league and teams to have black balled him during the trial when they did not have the information available to them.  Its unfortunate for him, and has definitely ruined his career but he should be welcomed back and if not, the MLB looks worse IMO.  

I sort of wish he would not have settled, but can understand why he did.  I know she doesn't have much to take but he should have taken all he could and given it to a women's abuse center or something. Make her publicly admit she lied and is an awful human being. 

The longer it goes the longer before he could talk about it. That is what he settled for, to be able to publicly show and say what the evidence showed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

The longer it goes the longer before he could talk about it. That is what he settled for, to be able to publicly show and say what the evidence showed.

Yeah, that's why I said I understand why he did it.  But its unfortunate that he had to let her off easy in doing so.  He should have at least made her publicly admit everything and have something on her record so she or other people can't do this again to someone else.  

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, that's why I said I understand why he did it.  But its unfortunate that he had to let her off easy in doing so.  He should have at least made her publicly admit everything and have something on her record so she or other people can't do this again to someone else.  

Need to implement a law so that these "people" can be criminally charged. It's total bull**** that she just gets off scot-free. We can call it Bauer's law.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Women like this set back actual victims decades. Atrocious 

Absolutely agreed! What's even worse is she's likely to receive no jail time (at least from what I've read). If that doesn't happen, there is something severely wrong. People should not be able to go around and blatantly lie about something, trying to ruin another person's life in the process, and not be punished for their actions. Honestly, a woman like her likely won't stop either. 

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Absolutely agreed! What's even worse is she's likely to receive no jail time (at least from what I've read). If that doesn't happen, there is something severely wrong. People should not be able to go around and blatantly lie about something, trying to ruin another person's life in the process, and not be punished for their actions. Honestly, a woman like her likely won't stop either. 

Why would she? She just found out there are no consequenses.

• Like 5