PFF roster rankings for all 32 teams.

TecmoSuperJoe

20 hours ago, DawgX said:

I mean, obviously we'd be screwed if we lost our entire starting OL. But our backups played well last year when needed. Dunn played well replacing Bitonio in our playoff win last year, but obviously that's a very small sample size.

Definitely agree that our depth at DE is questionable at best. Hoping we sign a decent DE before the season starts, especially because I don't want to count on Clowney staying healthy for an entire season.

But yeah still a top 2 or 3 roster.

On 8/24/2021 at 10:34 PM, Ozzy said:

With how the preseason has gone, I think it is pretty clear that the Cleveland Browns have the deepest roster in the NFL.  They go two deep or more at basically every single position and it is not even a question, even go two deep at FB with Stanton who is surprisingly good and Janovich.  Even cut Alex Taylor who is an extremely talented tackle prospect just because they already have four solid tackles on the team.  

Sure on paper a team like the Chiefs or Bucs have a major advantage having Mahomes and Brady at QB but top to bottom Browns are ridiculously talented as a overall roster.  Will see what other good players outside of Taylor they cut and sure tons of teams will be interested in picking they up.   

At some point the smart thing to do would be trying to get compensation for those guys. I think there are a lot of teams eyeing our roster and may be willing to give up compensation rather that waiting for guys to clear waivers 

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

The Browns have a great roster, top 2 in the NFL. 

But as history has shown, you can't keep that roster together for more than 2-3 years especially not when the QB receives a monster extension.

Time to take advantage now, Browns!

100% facts, this is where i'm trusting Andrew Berry to maybe use the Seattle/ NE approach and know when to get rid of guys and turn them into compensation and recycle young talent on rookie contracts 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

At some point the smart thing to do would be trying to get compensation for those guys. I think there are a lot of teams eyeing our roster and may be willing to give up compensation rather that waiting for guys to clear waivers 

I doubt they could do that, they have to get down and cut guys who are good and hope they will clear waivers and then they get them on the practice squad.  But seriously doubt that happens, Curtis Weaver was just cut what today, would be shocked if another team does not pickup that dude.  Same with the QB unless they keep three.  And John Kelly I could see the Ravens wanting him at RB he shows a lot of toughness and strength.  

Even Davion Davis how in the world he make that roster at WR, he could be cut and picked up no doubt.  They got Beckham, Peoples-Jones, Landry, Schwartz, Higgins and Hodge.   Really doubt they keep them all, and if they keep Davis they Hodge would be picked up or Higgins.  

They just as very talented and some teams will get some very good players, they cannot trade them really, hell Alex Taylor is a hell of a developmental tackle prospect and someone will pick him up most likely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SBLIII said:

The Browns have a great roster, top 2 in the NFL. 

But as history has shown, you can't keep that roster together for more than 2-3 years especially not when the QB receives a monster extension.

Time to take advantage now, Browns!

Top 2? They don’t have an elite WR, TE and their defense is questionable. 

22 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Top 2? They don’t have an elite WR, TE and their defense is questionable. 

What in the bloody crap are you talking about?  

Beckham and Landry are not elite receivers?  And Peoples-Jones is on the cusp of becoming an elite receiver potentially and they also have Schwartz who has tons of potential and speed, Higgins and Hodge who is a big strong dude and they will probably cut Davion Davis who will be picked up by another team most likely.  

And the TE room, sure they do not have a Travis Kelce sitting there but you combine the production of Austin Hooper, David Njoku and Harrison Bryant they are arguably the deepest TE room in the NFL so that depth absolutely makes up for not having some HOF tight end.  Not to mention Jordan Franks who could make a roster as a TE and will almost most likely be cut off the Browns roster.  

On D they added Anthony Walker who is a solid proven ILB, Mack Wilson and Takitaki are not bad OLBs either and they have a potential super star in Owusu-Koramoah who could become an outstanding pro.  The DL is arguably as talented as any DL in the NFL with Garrett and Clowney then adding Billings and Jackson and having Elliott, Day, Joe Jackson, Gustin, McDowell, Togiai behind them and even that group might have a guy cut from it, Curtis Weaver has been cut already and he will be picked up by someone else.  Then at DB they are greatly improved with John Johnson one of the best safeties in the NFL and Troy Hill is an upgrade at CB and Ward if he can be back healthy.  Then they have Harrison at safety and Delpit on the bench waiting along with LeCounte who has been outstanding in the preseason.  Then Newsome and Greedy Williams as backup CBs and maybe AJ Green or MJ Stewart or Emmanuel Rugamba but sure they will have to cut one or two of those guys at the end also.

So the talk that the Browns do not have elite WR, TE or Defensive play is absolutely absurd!  Look at the roster and ummmm yeah they absolutely have a top 2 roster in the NFL.  Only possible negative about it is QB but honestly they have a super deep QB room and if Keenum or Lauletta get cut and they only keep two QBs, one of them will absolutely be picked up.  Same can be said at RB if John Kelly gets cut he will be picked up as well most likely and same with Stanton the backup FB.  Sure Baker Mayfield is not Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes but outside of that yeah the roster is ridiculously stacked.  It could even make Kevin Stefanski look a bit better than he maybe is because that team is good because that roster, sure the coaching helps but would be damn hard to be bad with the roster they will have in 2021.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Beckham and Landry are not elite receivers?  And Peoples-Jones is on the cusp of becoming an elite receiver potentially and they also have Schwartz who has tons of potential and speed, Higgins and Hodge who is a big strong dude and they will probably cut Davion Davis who will be picked up by another team most likely.  

And the TE room, sure they do not have a Travis Kelce sitting there but you combine the production of Austin Hooper, David Njoku and Harrison Bryant they are arguably the deepest TE room in the NFL so that depth absolutely makes up for not having some HOF tight end.  Not to mention Jordan Franks who could make a roster as a TE and will almost most likely be cut off the Browns roster.  

On D they added Anthony Walker who is a solid proven ILB, Mack Wilson and Takitaki are not bad OLBs either and they have a potential super star in Owusu-Koramoah who could become an outstanding pro.  The DL is arguably as talented as any DL in the NFL with Garrett and Clowney then adding Billings and Jackson and having Elliott, Day, Joe Jackson, Gustin, McDowell, Togiai behind them and even that group might have a guy cut from it, Curtis Weaver has been cut already and he will be picked up by someone else.  Then at DB they are greatly improved with John Johnson one of the best safeties in the NFL and Troy Hill is an upgrade at CB and Ward if he can be back healthy.  Then they have Harrison at safety and Delpit on the bench waiting along with LeCounte who has been outstanding in the preseason.  Then Newsome and Greedy Williams as backup CBs and maybe AJ Green or MJ Stewart or Emmanuel Rugamba but sure they will have to cut one or two of those guys at the end also.

So the talk that the Browns do not have elite WR, TE or Defensive play is absolutely absurd!  Look at the roster and ummmm yeah they absolutely have a top 2 roster in the NFL.  Only possible negative about it is QB but honestly they have a super deep QB room and if Keenum or Lauletta get cut and they only keep two QBs, one of them will absolutely be picked up.  Same can be said at RB if John Kelly gets cut he will be picked up as well most likely and same with Stanton the backup FB.  Sure Baker Mayfield is not Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes but outside of that yeah the roster is ridiculously stacked.  It could even make Kevin Stefanski look a bit better than he maybe is because that team is good because that roster, sure the coaching helps but would be damn hard to be bad with the roster they will have in 2021.  

There are a lot of optimistic projections and superlatives here. I don't even disagree that the Browns are up there in terms of talent level, but they absolutely have deficiencies, and you're projecting the most optimistic outcome across the board at every questionable position. Mack Wilson and Sione Takitaki were part of a terrible corp last year. Anthony Walker graded horribly last year. Owusu-Koramoah is a rookie, by that logic every team has multiple potential super stars. OBJ hasn't been an elite receiver in about 5 years, Landry never has been, and DPJ is on the cusp of being a good receiver, not an elite one. Liked what I saw last year, but the dude got less than 300 snaps in. Garrett is absolutely elite, but Clowney and Jackson are better names than they are players, at this point, and the rest of that crew are kind of just guys. If that's as talented as any DL in the NFL, I'd be there's a ton of DLs that would claim the same. I'm sure you'll say I'm underrating some gems in there, but I could make a similar list for the KC DL and claim you'd be underrating guys like Tershawn Wharton and Mike Danna. Like, in some of these cases, you're listing UDFAs and cut 5th and 6th round picks and acting like it proves how deep the Browns are because they aren't going to make the roster, as if every team in the NFL isn't loaded with low picks and UDFAs that don't make the cut each year. It strikes me as a case where you've probably just eaten up every bit of optimistic camp coverage about these guys, without the realization that every team has a ton of guys that look great in camp, get hyped up because there's nothing else to talk about, and wind up going nowhere. 

Also, I kind of just chuckled at the concept of a "super deep QB room."

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

There are a lot of optimistic projections and superlatives here. I don't even disagree that the Browns are up there in terms of talent level, but they absolutely have deficiencies, and you're projecting the most optimistic outcome across the board at every questionable position. Mack Wilson and Sione Takitaki were part of a terrible corp last year. Anthony Walker graded horribly last year. Owusu-Koramoah is a rookie, by that logic every team has multiple potential super stars. OBJ hasn't been an elite receiver in about 5 years, Landry never has been, and DPJ is on the cusp of being a good receiver, not an elite one. Liked what I saw last year, but the dude got less than 300 snaps in. Garrett is absolutely elite, but Clowney and Jackson are better names than they are players, at this point, and the rest of that crew are kind of just guys. If that's as talented as any DL in the NFL, I'd be there's a ton of DLs that would claim the same. I'm sure you'll say I'm underrating some gems in there, but I could make a similar list for the KC DL and claim you'd be underrating guys like Tershawn Wharton and Mike Danna. Like, in some of these cases, you're listing UDFAs and cut 5th and 6th round picks and acting like it proves how deep the Browns are because they aren't going to make the roster, as if every team in the NFL isn't loaded with low picks and UDFAs that don't make the cut each year. It strikes me as a case where you've probably just eaten up every bit of optimistic camp coverage about these guys, without the realization that every team has a ton of guys that look great in camp, get hyped up because there's nothing else to talk about, and wind up going nowhere. 

Also, I kind of just chuckled at the concept of a "super deep QB room."

No thank you, sorry I am not a year by year Browns fan, I do not read NFL football talk online, I do not read PFF rankings so if you say I am making this opinion based on something I have read online you are badly mistaken.  I am making this opinion based on my on evaluation of these specific players over the years, I like an absolute ton of the players on the Browns.

But no they are apparently a piece of **** roster that will suck right?  Ok.  Interesting you never mention the offensive line which is obviously the best in the NFL, and smart you did not bring up these awful tight ends which is absolutely insane to even mention considering the depth in that room.  Oh and yeah People-Jones is a terrible WR and OBJ is awful, yeah maybe he is this year but I seriously doubt it and Landry is a constant professional that works extremely hard and when healthy is elite same with OBJ.

The Chiefs have a better roster than the Browns yes and possibly so do the Buccaneers that is why I have them rated below both groups but a majority of that is because of the QBs on the Chiefs and Browns roster.  But depending on how things go the Browns are right there and if they had Tom Brady or some other HOF QB it would be a landslide.  But to sit here and pretend the Browns do you have a talent roster, well obviously you do not follow college football scouting that closely do you.  

PS Wharton and Danna have been kind of disappointing for that Chiefs DL this preseason, maybe they will be ok, Wharton is a physical beast for sure, Tim Ward has surprised some I am sure as well.  Tyler Clark has impressed and so has Joshua Kaindoh but who knows if he can stay healthy.  They are arguably the 2nd best OL in the NFL and are right there with the Browns OL.

Kyle Lauletta has a ton of talent and if you do not think he is an extremely solid 3rd QB you are nuts, and Keenum is not some awful backup either and Baker is clearly an up and coming QB but sure benefits a lot with so much RB, TE, OL and WR talent around him.  Sure Lauletta was cut but the dude will be signed by another roster no question, he has had a very good preseason.

Base rankings on just part of the roster?  Sorry that is not ranking a roster it is ranking super stars and sure other teams have better QBs and some have better top level WRs or whatever.  This thread is about the entire roster top to bottom not just the great players, thank you.  The Cleveland Browns right now on paper have as good as roster as any, think otherwise and maybe again you might want to follow players coming in the league a little more closely.  

7 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Absolutely not.

And who is Keenan Allen, who has been a Pro bowler for the past few years?  Allen's stats are not that great and sure Landry/Beckham have not had great stats but Beckham has obviously been hurt for the last few years and Landry has had some issues as well.  Both those dudes stay healthy who knows, and they are not that far off from Keenan Allen if you considering him an elite WR and how could you not, he is a what four time Pro bowl player.

Are OBJ and Landry better than Tyreek Hill, of course not, but elite is not just a top 3 WR in the NFL, it is arguably a top 25 WR out of what 190+ receivers in the NFL.  If both OBJ and Landry stay healthy they could each be at that level with a solid year and if not who cares they got People-Jones, Hodge, Higgins, Schwartz etc to make some plays not to mention all the TEs and RBs they have. 

14 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

It’s not 2015 anymore Beckham is no longer an elite receive and Jarvis never was.

They don’t have a top ten defense. They have the 3rd best defense in their own division. 

A few things: 

1. You don't think they are elite? Cool, they will still torch your *** when healthy, plus go back to the Dallas game and tell me Obj didn't damn near win the game by himself. Also Jarvis doesn't have to be elite to appease you, he as been great for us receiving, blocking (which I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't the top blocking WR in the league) and even passing in addition to changing the culture in the locker room 

2. Of course we don't have a top 10 defense, that's why we spent all offseason acquiring top notch defensive talent to get as close to elite as possible. Much like after the 2019 season, the Browns had the 23rd ranked OL, Andrew Berry addressed the OL (Bringing in Bill Callahan as OL coach, Drafting Jedrick Wills, acquiring Jack Conklin) and went to #1, I'm not saying we will be #1 but I have zero doubt we will vastly improved in that area.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

14 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

A few things: 

1. You don't think they are elite? Cool, they will still torch your *** when healthy, plus go back to the Dallas game and tell me Obj didn't damn near win the game by himself. Also Jarvis doesn't have to be elite to appease you, he as been great for us receiving, blocking (which I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't the top blocking WR in the league) and even passing in addition to changing the culture in the locker room 

2. Of course we don't have a top 10 defense, that's why we spent all offseason acquiring top notch defensive talent to get as close to elite as possible. Much like after the 2019 season, the Browns had the 23rd ranked OL, Andrew Berry addressed the OL (Bringing in Bill Callahan as OL coach, Drafting Jedrick Wills, acquiring Jack Conklin) and went to #1, I'm not saying we will be #1 but I have zero doubt we will vastly improved in that area.

I agree the defense is greatly improved and honestly they have improved on every level the DL, the LB core and the secondary.  They have so much young talent just sitting there, sure they might not all hit as players but some will.

Owusu-Koramoah could be a star at linebacker with his athletic ability, Delpit could be an outstanding safety and so could LeCounte but honestly they do not even need either one to be right now.  Greedy Williams has a ton of upside at corner as does Newsome but one if not both could be sitting on the bench.  Then at DT McDowell has looked awesome at times in the preseason and is just sitting back there, also drafted Togiai who again they do not really need right now but he could maybe surprise some and Elliott is not a bad DT prospect either.  Sure other teams have better defensive backfields, better LB cores and a better DL but as a unit overall it is a very solid group potentially.  Only issue at DL is the depth at edge rusher but maybe Tak or Jackson can provide that, not to mention if they put Clowney at DT next to Garrett.  They are up there with any of the top DLs in the NFL.  

And is it just me or was Takitaki a pretty damn decent player for a 3rd round pick and Mack Wilson has been really solid for a freaking 5th round pick.  Not to mention Jacob Phillips who has a lot of potential for a 3rd round pick at LB.  Sure the group could get better but Walker being added will help, the dude had almost 100 tackles over the past three years as if that is nothing and Owusu-Koramoah could be starting soon if he gets down everything.  

The group is greatly improved but sure they might not gel and all of the young players suck and do not develop at all, but seriously doubt that happens.  

18 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Calling Landry or OBJ an elite WR is laughable. Even more laughable is saying Peoples-Jones is on the cusp of becoming an elite WR; who has 14 career catches. 

I know you're a Browns fan but come on man.