Your top 5 cornerbacks

Letsch80

6 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

In no order after 1st because I clearly think Ramsey has that crown. You cant even call me a homer on this because last year proves Ramsey should take that crown. Nobody shuts down Hopkins 2x and Metcalf 3x in the same season and not be considered the best. Not to mention all the other great receivers like Diggs that Ramsey did a great job against last season. So after Ramsey at one, in no particular order:

Alexander

White

Howard

Gilmore

HM: Humphrey 

The landscape of corners are in great shape even with the rules leaned towards the offense and so many talented receivers. Like even corners that are on the rise like Williams of the Rams and then rookies coming in like Surtain II its going to be fun to watch individual matchups and how defensive coordinators use these great corners within the scheme of their defensive to help slow down opposing offensives. What Seattle did back in the day with Sherman and the legion of boom was special. What we saw Brandon Staley did with the Rams last season knowing that he had Ramsey in the secondary was special. I think he can do something similar with the Chargers because I do love their secondary. Its going to be interesting and I cant wait.  

Pretty much this. 

Jalen Ramsey was on a podcast the other day and listed : Gilmore, White, Alexander and Howard as his top 4 so looks accurate to me. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So this time last year the clear cut answer was Gilmore was 1a and White is 1b. And now people are saying Ramsey is the clear cut 1.  I just dont see anyone being head and shoulders above the rest. Seems like every year there is a new top guy at this position. The top 5 to 6 are so close that anyone of them can get really hot and be determined to be the best.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ramsey is all alone on an island for me. Has consistently been a really damn good guy for 4 years now, sometimes downright elite when he wants to be (2018, 2020). And has probably shut down elite guys in their prime or when playing at an unrivaled level at that time (Brown, Nuk, Metcalf) more than the others.

I will say, I don't see the Jhaire Alexander hype. I need him to have a year like last year multiple times.

19 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Ramsey is all alone on an island for me. Has consistently been a really damn good guy for 4 years now, sometimes downright elite when he wants to be (2018, 2020). And has probably shut down elite guys in their prime or when playing at an unrivaled level at that time (Brown, Nuk, Metcalf) more than the others.

I will say, I don't see the Jhaire Alexander hype. I need him to have a year like last year multiple times.

Yeah but CB's who have Jaire type seasons rarely fall off barring injury. I think he established himself firmly in the top 5 last season. If he has similar season this year then I see him in the top 2.

On 9/6/2021 at 2:53 PM, BlaqOptic said:

Well then you’re just not watching. Jaire was the best cover corner in football last season and it wasn’t even particularly close.