• Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Bucks in 4
    • Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/21/2021 at 08:45 AM

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Both teams are fraud, Jazz are the uncrowned champions, every real fan knows.

The Jazz are no doubt a great team because I love Mitchell and a Conley. I don’t know what to make about Gobert in the playoffs when a team can strategize against him like the Clippers did. The West is loaded but in the end I don’t think nobody is surprised the Suns are in the Finals after watching how they played in the bubble last season, how they played all regular season, and how they have looked in the playoffs. 

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Suns really got the Lakers while LeBron/AD both injured, Nuggets while Murray/Barton injured, Clippers while Kawhi/Ibaka injured, and now the Bucks while Giannis/Divencio injured. Their chakra's aligned. 

The Bucks got the Nets with no Kyrie and an injured Harden or else we would watch the Nets steam roll the rest of the playoffs.

Injuries are def the storyline of this season, but 36year old CP3 had to weather that storm. War of attrition at this point. 

Didn't learn much last night. Bucks & Bud are notoriously bad in Game 1's. More of the same with the Lopez issues. They have to go with Pat/Bobby more. I somewhat understand sticking with him for leadership/offensive contribution but you have to pull plug faster than Bud did yday. Other notes... 

* Refs were pretty one sided. Even Gundy referenced it. Suns got every nickle dimer, Bucks needed a mugging. 

* Need less Giannis and more Jrue with ball in hands. I don't understand why Giannis isn't screening/playing off ball more. 

* Lots of missed opportunities around the rim, that will level out. 

Big game 2 - will be tight. Love the Bucks +5.5

6 minutes ago, PaulWall_23 said:

Didn't learn much last night. Bucks & Bud are notoriously bad in Game 1's. More of the same with the Lopez issues. They have to go with Pat/Bobby more. I somewhat understand sticking with him for leadership/offensive contribution but you have to pull plug faster than Bud did yday. Other notes... 

* Refs were pretty one sided. Even Gundy referenced it. Suns got every nickle dimer, Bucks needed a mugging. 

* Need less Giannis and more Jrue with ball in hands. I don't understand why Giannis isn't screening/playing off ball more. 

* Lots of missed opportunities around the rim, that will level out. 

Big game 2 - will be tight. Love the Bucks +5.5

We didn't learn much?

• Bucks do not have the bench to compete with what the Suns can offer. PHO proved they struggle with small ball lineups (LAC), but MIL doesn't have the personnel to put that type of lineup on the floor.
  • Brook Lopez is being hunted for on switches. If he stays with Ayton, it's a bucket. If he stays on the guard, he's too scared to come out so it's an open jumper (which PHO shot poorly from deep 32%). Portis thinks he can come out on guards and just gets BLOWN BYE.
  • Saric injury hurt a little, but Cam Johnson played very well for his minutes. I expect him to get more and Frank Kaminsky to pick up a mop and wipe sweat off the court in Game 2.
  • Jrue has been inconsistent all playoffs, but couldn't buy a bucket.

I don't see how the Bucks get a game other than maybe Game 3 in MIL. 

Edited by BStanRamFan

Really good performance by the Suns all around. CP3 and Booker were able to play Lopez off the floor and Ayton did a good job on Giannis. Ayton is able to help and still recover to contest Giannis at the rim. Giannis was playing around with the ball far too much on the perimeter against Ayton and Crowder and he needs to stop doing that going forward. Jrue needs to be the one initiating the offense more and Giannis needs to mainly be used as the roll man. One disturbing factor for the Bucks was that they shot great from down town and still only scored 105 points and lost by double figures. We have seen them be a sub-par shooting team all postseason and when they shoot lights out, they waste it in a loss. The Bucks should zone it up at times, especially when they have Giannis at the 5. That worked well for the Clippers last series and allowed them to get away with playing small ball.

CP3 was awesome but he only has those types a games once or twice a series. I'd put Jrue on him and not just switch every pick and roll and if Brook is playing the drop coverage, Holiday needs to work hard to get over the screen and not let CP3 just walk into a open mid range jumper. The Bucks have had some head scratching performances this postseason but they can't afford to have those against the Suns. Not only are they the healthiest team the Bucks have faced thus far, they are a team that plays clean ball and turns it over less than 10 times a game. Bucks can win next game but I think the Suns role players have a great game and they pull it off at the end. 2-0 Suns!  

17 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

We didn't learn much?

• Bucks do not have the bench to compete with what the Suns can offer. PHO proved they struggle with small ball lineups (LAC), but MIL doesn't have the personnel to put that type of lineup on the floor.
  • Brook Lopez is being hunted for on switches. If he stays with Ayton, it's a bucket. If he stays on the guard, he's too scared to come out so it's an open jumper (which PHO shot poorly from deep 32%). Portis thinks he can come out on guards and just gets BLOWN BYE.
  • Saric injury hurt a little, but Cam Johnson played very well for his minutes. I expect him to get more and Frank Kaminsky to pick up a mop and wipe sweat off the court in Game 2.
  • Jrue has been inconsistent all playoffs, but couldn't buy a bucket.

I don't see how the Bucks get a game other than maybe Game 3 in MIL. 

Bucks were very effective with Bobby and Giannis at the 5 in small ball lineups. MIL does have that personnel. Jrue's inconsistency is tied to game plan. He was involved more late in ATL series and was great. Suns midrange mismatches for Bucks off PNR may be the death of them. Given Bucks history this playoffs, you'll get a better effort on Thursday. 

10 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Idk know why teams don't double after switching bigs onto the best players in the NBA. Switch, let them do a couple of iso dribbles, then double. 

I think the Suns 3 game discourages it.   But other than having the defender get higher on the screen (easier says than done) the Bucks have to consider all options.  Repeating the D approach isn’t going to cut it.   Especially since the Suns shot so poorly from 3 you’d think the Bucke would consider making the Suns beat them that way even if it gives them wide open looks.  

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, PaulWall_23 said:

Bucks were very effective with Bobby and Giannis at the 5 in small ball lineups. MIL does have that personnel. Jrue's inconsistency is tied to game plan. He was involved more late in ATL series and was great. Suns midrange mismatches for Bucks off PNR may be the death of them. Given Bucks history this playoffs, you'll get a better effort on Thursday. 

Ports +/- was -10 last night. I agree Giannis is best at the 5.

PJ Tucker has the ability to switch on anyone. And Forbes/ Connaughton played well in their sparing minutes...and still lost by 13. Unfortunately, Lopez needs to play to give them offense, but is a complete liability on the other end of the court similar to the Hawks series when Trae played.

I will admit the short turn around for MIL didn't do them any favors, but you're also not going to get another night of Jae Crowder going 0-8 with 1 pt.