• Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Bucks in 4
    • Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/21/2021 at 08:45 AM

Giannis put on an all time great performance. I never saw this coming after going down 2-0; I didn't think the Bucks had the personnel and Bud didn't have the adjustments in him to make this a series. Jrue Holiday's defense on CP3 games 3 onward is vastly underrated. Middleton played unreal in Game 4 onward. Giannis just became an attacking hybrid big man and stopped the jump shooting which made him the most dominant player Ive seen in a series since Shaq.

With all that said, injuries are a part of any sport and you can only beat who is put in front of you. The Bucks did that and are deserving champions. As a fan of the NBA and not of either team, there's something to be said about both teams getting to the Finals with injuries to AD, LeBron, Kawhi, and Jamal Murray in the West. And Kyrie, Harden, and Trae in the East. Didn't feel like we got the two best teams in the Finals, just the ones who survived the war of attrition. 

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Smart to get out of there before it got too bad, but that's awesome. I can only imagine. Never been downtown in the city of a team that won a championship as it happened. Wish I could've gone to Philly for the Eagles SB win to soak it in, but I wasn't sure we were gonna win. Still regret not taking time off work to fly out there for the parade.

But, yeah climbing stuff seems to be the go to with championships.

My boy @beekay414 is used to greasy hands from eating all those cheese curds, he has been preparing for this moment his entire life, congratulations on the title my boy. Giannis is a legend.

• Like 1

Back in March. Maples is one of my favorites I found on NBA Twitter this year. The Twitter Spaces he would host after games made the playoffs even more fun. I learned a good amount listening to him.

This is something that really can't be understated. He grew so much on this title run.

After the Bucks handled the Heat the way they did I was picking them in 6 against the Nets. Then, those first two games in Brooklyn happened and they caught me off guard. I was super mad at Bud, but more frustrated with Giannis cause of some of the low IQ things he was doing trying to play make and especially his shot selection. Looking back he might've been trying to get in his "bag" more that series to show up Harden, but ever since they escaped Brooklyn he got better and better. Went from averaging 4.4 3PT per game in that series to 2.0 and 2.5 in the next two against the Hawks and Suns respectively. His turnovers went from 4.0 per game against Brooklyn to 2.5 and 2.3 against the Hawks and Bucks. Really feel like he stayed more within what he does great and he flourished because of it. 

I feel like he learned a ton over the course of this run like even something basic like pacing himself over the course of these games/series not to run out of gas too much before the 4th. He's often going all out on both ends so its trickier for him. Something all the greats had to master on their way to titles though. Feel like Bron especially with age has mastered that. Just thinking about how if he keeps building like he is how scary he could be in say 2-3 years down the road. Dude is already a monster now with a top 5 finals performance of all time under his belt.

Monty Williams stopped in the Bucks locker room to wish all congrats.

He and Giannis the two classiest guys in Milwaukee that night.  Middleton right there too.  The Bucks are very fortunate to have the nucleus they have, and they should have it for years to come.  Compare them to the likes of Lebron, who is a winner no doubt when it comes to basketball but a cancer otherwise.

50-14-5 L-O-L

What an all time performance to cap off an epic run by Giannis. Congrats to all Bucks fans! 

The rest of the league now has a big problem since Giannis realized a team can't build a consistent wall if he catches the ball on the roll or posts up more. Him isolating from the three point line with five defenders looking at him and waiting for him at the rim isn't going to be happening anymore. Excited to see how he continues to progress.

As for the Suns, blowing game 4 was brutal and what this series truly came down to. They were up three and CP3 had Ayton rolling to the basket and he turns it over leading to a Giannis dunk. If he throws a good pass and Ayton finishes, the entire game is different. Love Book and the rest of the youngsters and hope they get back to the stage at least once more. Very well could be their lone title appearance though with this core and that's a bummer....Actually not really since the Warriors will be in the finals next season but still lol. 

Any chance CP3 leaves Phoenix? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Lakers are done as a contender. 

I mean the Suns have to play somebody to kick off the year.

Don't think the Jazz will bring ratings the NBA wants ;)

My boy @beekay414 is used to greasy hands from eating all those cheese curds, he has been preparing for this moment his entire life, congratulations on the title my boy. Giannis is a legend.

Nah. You flip flop too much lol. You was riding with @11sanchez11and the Suns.

On 7/11/2021 at 9:16 PM, NYRaider said:

Sad the NBA had to bring in refs to save the Bucks from getting swept. 

On 7/11/2021 at 8:40 AM, NYRaider said:

4 out of 5 from the Nets without Kyrie/Harden(injured)? And damn 4 out of 5 against the great Atlanta Hawks without Hunter and a hobbled Trae Young. Bucks are so good. If the Nets were healthy you were getting swept. 

On 7/11/2021 at 9:22 PM, NYRaider said:

Yeah, the Suns have gotten no favors from the officials at all. Game 6 against the Clippers was probably one of the most one sided, poorly officiated games in NBA playoff history. But it's easy to mop teams like the Lakers and Bucks even when the refs are against you, those dudes are frauds. 

On 7/18/2021 at 1:39 AM, NYRaider said:

Speaking of Ice Trae freezing the Bucks, I almost forgot how fraudulent this title really is. Adam Silver instructing the referee to kick Trae's ankle like he was Conor McGregor may be one of the filthiest things in the history of professional sports. @beekay414

EB4u-QuW4AAE0UY.jpg

On 7/18/2021 at 1:43 AM, NYRaider said:

Giannis legacy will always be clouded by feet/ankles. Kyrie hurting his ankle, the officials ankle picking Trae Young, and KD's big arse feet erasing a series winner.

On 7/11/2021 at 5:05 PM, NYRaider said:

Suns in 4.

On 7/11/2021 at 8:39 AM, NYRaider said:

Lets go Suns, sweep these frauds. 

E6zH5W3VEAUNuPJ?format=jpg&name=small

LeBron looks old now and has been hurt in 2/3 years in LA. The only year he was at 100% in the playoffs when he got 5 months off in the middle of the season. 

Lakers worry should be more so how to improve the roster with limited assets and AD staying healthy rather than Bron. The latter got hurt due to a player diving at his ankle and he was killing it before that. Davis' soft tissue injuries happen too frequently to be ignored. Bron be putting countless hours and money into his recovery. AD be hopping on Twitch to stream GTA after games lol.

But, let's not derail the thread too much from the Bucks/Suns here.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Lakers worry should be more so how to improve the roster with limited assets and AD staying healthy rather than Bron. The latter got hurt due to a player diving at his ankle and he was killing it before that. Davis' soft tissue injuries happen too frequently to be ignored. Bron be putting countless hours and money into his recovery. AD be hopping on Twitch to stream GTA after games lol.

But, let's not derail the thread too much from the Bucks/Suns here.

ADad Bod is done

Lakers are done as contenders if LeBron isn't a top 10ish player in the league. Their team is predicated on LeBron and AD being dominant as they lack shot creators and play makers. If they can improve in that area and somehow get someone who can actually create on their own, they can be fine with LeBron slipping a bit. A healthy AD is just a cheat code though, especially defensively so that alone will give them a chance. There is not a bad matchup for him and he can switch out on any guard. 

It is possible THT can take a big jump next season but it would be better off if they get someone who is more proven. You are taking a risk waiting for THT to develop when he doesn't really have any true playoff experience. 

If the Nets are healthy, they are pretty much impossible to beat...Heck, KD being the lone healthy of the big 3 was almost enough but the problem with them is KD has been injured quite a bit and so has Irving. I will give Harden a pass since he is damn near an ironman every single season so this year was likely an anomaly. 

Warriors will be true contenders if Klay is close to being back to form and they make something happen with their two lotto picks. Get another star or high level role player? This team will be able to compete with ANYONE.

Clippers proved they can still compete without Kawhi but obviously they aren't winning without him. If Kawhi returns later in the year, they will also be up there with any team assuming he is still the same dominant force.

Suns should be around the same level and there are players on that team that can make another jump...CP3 is the wildcard here...He can opt out and even if he doesn't, will he be the same player? 

Jazz are good but they have some questions themselves.

Bucks are going to be a problem and with Giannis changing his game, no one is going to have an easy time with them, including the Nets. 

76ers are going to be good in the regular season but the elephant in the room is Simmons and what they do with him. IF somehow they can get Dame.............

Next season is truly going to be a bloodbath and if the top teams are healthy unlike this year? Getcha popcorn ready! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

E3BBFheUcAU_fpg.jpg

You acting like I was riding with Bron and his rooting for his banana boat bud?

Have you seen me post in this thread about CP3? lol

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

ADad Bod is done

ADisney and ADay-to-Davis or whatever it was are better.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:
1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

CP3 is 36, that time is running out fast.

And has a 44M hit next year so he can't ring chase yet.  Maybe at 37, he can join up with 37 year old Lebron and AD to win a championship.

CP3 would be 38 and LeBron 38.5 by the time a 2023 playoffs rolls around lol.