• Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Bucks in 4
    • Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/21/2021 at 08:45 AM

44 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Any chance CP3 leaves Phoenix? 

I'm starting to believe CP3 opting out for something like 3 years/100 million or something close to that like @NYRaiderhad mentioned. I don't think he's gonna leave this Suns team though. I think he knows it would look bad to leave right after they got so close to go team up with his buddy, especially after he beat him. Feel like he loves Monty and Book. He probably feels they can get back there and who knows maybe they can.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm starting to believe CP3 opting out for something like 3 years/100 million or something close to that like @NYRaiderhad mentioned. I don't think he's gonna leave this Suns team though. I think he knows it would look bad to leave right after they got so close to go team up with his buddy, especially after he beat him. Feel like he loves Monty and Book. He probably feels they can get back there and who knows maybe they can.

I don't think he would really care about how it looks, but what other contender can realistically sign him to the deal he wants? Suns are a good young team so he may just want to finish his career there. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think he would really care about how it looks, but what other contender can realistically sign him to the deal he wants? Suns are a good young team so he may just want to finish his career there. 

The Suns will give him that 3 yr/$100M deal, if they don't I could definitely see Miami or Dallas giving it to him.

Paul is 36 right now and would trigger the ”over-38” rule on any deal that goes beyond 2023-24, so he’s either looking at a two-year extension or opting out and signing a three-year deal. If Paul opts out and signs a three-year deal with another team, the most he could make is $123 million. However, if he stays in Phoenix, he could sign for as much as $144 million over that time period.

According to former Nets executive and current ESPN salary-cap expert Bobby Marks, the Knicks’ extensive cap space would allow them to offer Paul a starting salary of $43 million (105 percent of his current wage) and a three-year deal for roughly $135 million. That’s a hell of a potential bid. Phoenix is the only team allowed to offer Paul a fourth year under cap rules, but then again, Suns owner Robert Sarver is not exactly known as an extravagant spender. “The Knicks would be the only team I’d see Paul taking a call from,” Marks said, “because of his relationship with Leon and the state of the team right now. It’s the only team I could see him visiting if he explores his options outside of Phoenix.”

@J-ALL-DAY @TheRealMcCoy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Maybe he doesn't care about optics idk.

You don't have to convince me though. Like I said I don't think he's leaving.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You only can make money doing this for a short period of time.  He led a team to the finals, which isnt winning but at least he got to play in one. I dont see the Suns getting back with healthy West so he can take the money and ride off into retirement or opt out and play for significantly less on a winner.  Will be interesting to see what is important to him.   He has made over 300M in his career, is that enough to live forever how he wants if he can add a ring or is 450M more important?

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Maybe he doesn't care about optics idk.

You don't have to convince me though. Like I said I don't think he's leaving.

Phoenix more or less has to give him the contract that he wants, I know it's disappointing that they came up short in the Finals but they hadn't made the playoffs in a decade before he arrived. A 3 year/$100M deal would actually lower his cap hit next season but also puts them in potential cap hell 2 years from now when Ayton's extension kicks in.

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Middleton averaged 24/8/5/2 this postseason while hitting countless big shots and closing so many games this postseason. I feel vindicated for backing him up all these years lol. 

Efficiency wasn't always great, but yeah he did that. 

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

You only can make money doing this for a short period of time.  He led a team to the finals, which isnt winning but at least he got to play in one. I dont see the Suns getting back with healthy West so he can take the money and ride off into retirement or opt out and play for significantly less on a winner.  Will be interesting to see what is important to him.   He has made over 300M in his career, is that enough to live forever how he wants if he can add a ring or is 450M more important?

Miami could potentially offer the best of both worlds. He gets financial security over the next couple of years and the Heat can also make a trade for another piece with their young players/draft assets. 

• Like 1

NBA Central: Several agents for point guards in the 2021 free agent class fear New York as a possible landing spot for Chris Paul, per @Ian Begley According to Ian Begley, New York would only be an option for Paul if he and Phoenix didn’t reach an agreement. 

Would be a very Knicks move to give a 36 year old CP3 a massive contract. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Middleton averaged 24/8/5/2 this postseason while hitting countless big shots and closing so many games this postseason. I feel vindicated for backing him up all these years lol. 

The Jordan to Giannis Pippen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Efficiency wasn't always great, but yeah he did that. 

Players that don't get easy shots at the rim on a consistent basis aren't usually going to have great efficiency but he stepped up in so many big moments. Even last night when the Suns cut it to 4, he casually knocks down a 15 foot fadeaway. Set the tone from game 1 of the Heat series and carried that the rest of the way.

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Players that don't get easy shots at the rim on a consistent basis aren't usually going to have great efficiency but he stepped up in so many big moments. Even last night when the Suns cut it to 4, he casually knocks down a 15 foot fadeaway. Set the tone from game 1 of the Heat series and carried that the rest of the way.

Obviously.

Middleton takes so many toughly contested twos, but knocks them down barely getting it over a guy with a hand right in his face. The shot selection is tough to watch sometimes, but he makes it work.  Kobe would be proud.

Just checking his numbers and was surprised he actually had crazy efficiency on his 2018 playoffs when he scored his most PPG (just a bit more than this year). His 3PT is really what brought down his efficiency rather than his 2PT. He dropped from 41.4% to 34.3% on threes, whereas he only dropped 1 percent on twos from 50.8% to 49.8%. He was knocking down the tough middies.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy