• Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Bucks in 4
    • Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/21/2021 at 08:45 AM

On 7/7/2021 at 8:29 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Really good performance by the Suns all around. CP3 and Booker were able to play Lopez off the floor and Ayton did a good job on Giannis. Ayton is able to help and still recover to contest Giannis at the rim. Giannis was playing around with the ball far too much on the perimeter against Ayton and Crowder and he needs to stop doing that going forward. Jrue needs to be the one initiating the offense more and Giannis needs to mainly be used as the roll man. One disturbing factor for the Bucks was that they shot great from down town and still only scored 105 points and lost by double figures. We have seen them be a sub-par shooting team all postseason and when they shoot lights out, they waste it in a loss. The Bucks should zone it up at times, especially when they have Giannis at the 5. That worked well for the Clippers last series and allowed them to get away with playing small ball.

CP3 was awesome but he only has those types a games once or twice a series. I'd put Jrue on him and not just switch every pick and roll and if Brook is playing the drop coverage, Holiday needs to work hard to get over the screen and not let CP3 just walk into a open mid range jumper. The Bucks have had some head scratching performances this postseason but they can't afford to have those against the Suns. Not only are they the healthiest team the Bucks have faced thus far, they are a team that plays clean ball and turns it over less than 10 times a game. Bucks can win next game but I think the Suns role players have a great game and they pull it off at the end. 2-0 Suns!  

And that was my worry for the Bucks. They shot lights out last game from down town and still lost by double figures. Now Giannis has a monster game but they revert back to shooting subpar from down town and the result is the same. I thought the Suns role players would play better but it was mainly Bridges who was awesome. Crowder actually hit some shots so that is always a plus. I can't believe though how many possessions CP3 wasted towards the end of the game. He got lucky on a three he hit after a few offensive rebounds as that possession was bad and he had so many others just like that one. Booker had hit three 3s in a row and they went away from him for no apparent reason. 

Middleton and Jrue were terrible offensively and if just one of them was good the Bucks could have won. They should play better at home and the role players may shoot better from the field but they have to make some adjustments defensively. Going with Giannis at the 5 works well and Bud can go to that more but Lopez was really good defensively for much of the game. I'd like to see them go zone from time to time and when Lopez is not there, keep switching and make CP3 isolate every single time trip down. He will get his but he will also kill his fair bit of possessions by dribbling the air out of the ball. I get that the Bucks want to protect the paint but they gave up way too open looks in the corner. You have to force CP3 to be a scorer and take his kick outs away. I'd take my chances there rather than giving Phoenix open three after open three.

Bucks can get back in the series but Middleton/Jrue have to at least play CP3/Book close. Can't just get dominated the way they did tonight.

Also, can we talk about how nasty Chris Paul was playing in the 4th? 

And... no. I don't mean in a good way.

He's gonna do this every single time too, cause he's starving for that Finals MVP.

Dude is lucky Giannis' guys sold cause his 6 turnovers would be talked about a lot if not.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And that was my worry for the Bucks. They shot lights out last game from down town and still lost by double figures. Now Giannis has a monster game but they revert back to shooting subpar from down town and the result is the same. I thought the Suns role players would play better but it was mainly Bridges who was awesome. Crowder actually hit some shots so that is always a plus. I can't believe though how many possessions CP3 wasted towards the end of the game. He got lucky on a three he hit after a few offensive rebounds as that possession was bad and he had so many others just like that one. Booker had hit three 3s in a row and they went away from him for no apparent reason. 

Middleton and Jrue were terrible offensively and if just one of them was good the Bucks could have won. They should play better at home and the role players may shoot better from the field but they have to make some adjustments defensively. Going with Giannis at the 5 works well and Bud can go to that more but Lopez was really good defensively for much of the game. I'd like to see them go zone from time to time and when Lopez is not there, keep switching and make CP3 isolate every single time trip down. He will get his but he will also kill his fair bit of possessions by dribbling the air out of the ball. I get that the Bucks want to protect the paint but they gave up way too open looks in the corner. You have to force CP3 to be a scorer and take his kick outs away. I'd take my chances there rather than giving Phoenix open three after open three.

Bucks can get back in the series but Middleton/Jrue have to at least play CP3/Book close. Can't just get dominated the way they did tonight.

The problem is that Milwaukee's margin for error is so small - even when Giannis has a legendary game, they lose.   They don't necessarily have to have everything go their way to win - but they are going to get beat at the FT line percentage wise by a fair margin as long as Giannis is playing, and on most nights, the 3 game & the bench scoring battle.    That means MIL's big 3 have to outplay PHX's big 3 (Ayton being the 3rd most nights) - tonight even with Giannis' 42, the total was only 70-64.   

Now tonight, the Bucks bench outscored the Suns - but only because Payne/Johnson/others didn't need to take shots (although losing Saric eliminates a key part of their bench scoring that's consistent) - they went 5/10, vs Bucks' bench going 8/19.  

Losing Craig is going to tax the PHX rotation more, but with only 2 more W's left, pretty sure we'll see Ayton/Crowder/Bridges just soak up more minutes, with Nader providing energy/rest for the others for 4-8 minutes a game.    Bridges showed the problem PHX presents - collapse the D to contest the drive & midrange game, and it's open looks for Bridges (who frankly missed at least 4 wide open 3's, he'd normally have it 1-2 more than the 3-9 he hit tonight from 3, maybe 2 of them were contested).   Obviously 50 percent isn't bankable - but if their shooters are going to be that wide open, 40+ percent isn't crazy, given their baseline 38% reg season rate.   

I can see the Suns going cold 1 night and losing, maybe 2....but it's hard to see them losing 4 of the next 5 barring a key injury.

• Like 1