Jump to content

2021 NBA Finals: Bucks win title 4-2 over Suns


Who wins?  

21 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Suns in 4
      0
    • Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Bucks in 4
      0
    • Bucks in 5
      0
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/21/2021 at 08:45 AM

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

still my favorite tweet of the night. Perk is a moron

Beyond disturbing. That's beyond disturbing? What does he find disturbing, someone driving with their hands outside the 9 & 3 positions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

still my favorite tweet of the night. Perk is a moron

The same moron that was pushing the hot take that Middleton was Batman and Giannis was Robin for the Bucks. That isn't aging so well here in the finals. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jrue Holiday won't hit 5 three's again.

Devin Booker won't be that cold and sit an entire 2nd half again.

Game changed when Ayton got into foul trouble and Monty starting putting out very questionable lineups. Those calls are fewer in PHO.

Suns in 6.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is there overwhelming apologists for the Suns after this game? I feel like after the first two games it was all hype for the Suns and now that the Bucks have swung back its excuses as to why. 

I just want to know the mindset here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ayton has to avoid getting in foul trouble obviously but the Suns need to throw more double team at Giannis, especially when he catches it in the post. I noticed it he is a bit late to react to doubles and doesn't always see the open man. Make him be a passer and take some of his aggressiveness away. 

While Jrue may not hit 5 3s again, Middleton is going to have a big game soon, he always does at home. He's going to take over in stretches and hit every damn contested mid range jumper. 

The Bucks played with great energy and the Suns just had stretches of turning the ball over too much and missing some open looks. Have to clean that up and keep Ayton on the floor and game 4 should be a winnable one for them.

Suns 106 Bucks 102 in a very good game that comes down to the last minute! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Why is there overwhelming apologists for the Suns after this game? I feel like after the first two games it was all hype for the Suns and now that the Bucks have swung back its excuses as to why. 

I just want to know the mindset here. 

Well, I suspect there's some pushback on the Bucks in 6 posting (lol).   I mean, you gotta give Giannis & the Bucks full props, they did what they had to last night.

Fundamentally, most ppl would recognize 3 components:

1.   PHX's bench has been deeper and usually outperforms MIL's by a fair margin.

2.  3-pt shooting has been a PHX strength and a MIL weakness.

3.  Coaching on Bud's side hasn't been great.

So for most nights, it comes down to MIL's big 3 having to outscore PHX's big 3 by a significant margin, given #1 - #3 normally happen.     Last night, it definitely went down that way - 70-47.     Combined with the 15-pt edge on 3-pt land, the Bucks earned the decisive W.   It's just more of a case of what's likely to go down going forward.    Most nights, #1 to #3 are a given.    Now, if the big 3 on MIL's end keeps outscoring PHX's by 10+ pts, then the Bucks have countered the edge the Suns enjoy on the other end.   Of course, most games, Ayton & Booker aren't going to sit as much as they did last night, either.  

I mean, the Bucks get their due - they held serve, and did it convincingly.   Until there's a road loss, no need to panic for them.   Just no need to panic on the Suns side, either.    The odds they shoot as poorly, or Ayton/Booker are as limited as they were in minutes, is really low.   

Edited by Broncofan
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ayton has to avoid getting in foul trouble obviously but the Suns need to throw more double team at Giannis, especially when he catches it in the post. I noticed it he is a bit late to react to doubles and doesn't always see the open man. Make him be a passer and take some of his aggressiveness away. 

While Jrue may not hit 5 3s again, Middleton is going to have a big game soon, he always does at home. He's going to take over in stretches and hit every damn contested mid range jumper. 

The Bucks played with great energy and the Suns just had stretches of turning the ball over too much and missing some open looks. Have to clean that up and keep Ayton on the floor and game 4 should be a winnable one for them.

Suns 106 Bucks 102 in a very good game that comes down to the last minute! 

The Suns have been lax in setting up the Giannis wall the last 2 games.  He's getting the ball really low in the post.   That's definitely an issue the Suns need to address.   ATL ran into the same problem in game 2-3, then got better in games 4-5.   One issue with Ayton leaving (and no Saric), is that Crowder wanted to body Giannis and play right up in his face - that's not going to work with Crowder's lack of length.    Ayton plays a little more off, which helped limit the drive and easy layup / dunk.    Whether it's a double team or setting up the wall another step further out, either way, an adjustment is needed.    Given how much the Suns have done well in making adjustments, have to think one of the 2 is coming. 

Edited by Broncofan
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The Suns have been lax in setting up the Giannis wall the last 2 games.  He's getting the ball really low in the post.   That's definitely an issue the Suns need to address.   ATL ran into the same problem in game 2-3, then got better in games 4-5.   One issue with Ayton leaving, is that Crowder wanted to body Giannis and play right up in his face - that's not going to work with Crowder's lack of length.    Ayton plays a little more off, which helped limit the drive and easy layup / dunk.    Whether it's a double team or setting up the wall another step further out, either way, an adjustment is needed.    Given how much the Suns have done well in making adjustments, have to think one of the 2 is coming. 

The one adjustment the Bucks have made with Giannis since the beginning of the playoffs is that he is catching the ball closer to the hoop and getting more post ups. When he tries to dance with the ball and isolates too far out, the Suns have done a solid job on him. Last night he had a lot of rolls to the baskets and just easy baskets getting good position off misses. The Suns need to throw doubles at him and make him beat them with his passing. He's not LeBron in that area so he's not going to hit the open guy every single time.

More than anything, the Suns need to protect the ball and not let the Bucks get out on the break. If they set their defense and control the tempo, they will be fine. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Why is there overwhelming apologists for the Suns after this game? I feel like after the first two games it was all hype for the Suns and now that the Bucks have swung back its excuses as to why. 

I just want to know the mindset here. 

Because people are prisoners of the moment and don't understand that teams make adjustments over the course of a 7 game series or that home court matters, lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Milwaukee has tended to figure teams out as their previous series have gone on. Let's see if last night was an outlier or a trend come game 4. If Milwaukee rolls in game 4, it's over for the Suns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...