• Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Bucks in 4
    • Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/21/2021 at 08:45 AM

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Giannis legacy will always be clouded by feet/ankles. Kyrie hurting his ankle, the officials ankle picking Trae Young, and KD's big arse feet erasing a series winner.

Over time the details will be lost, so rings are gonna be rings and rightly so. Same way Raptors in 2019. 10-15 years from now we not gonna care. I do believe that this is the best chance he’ll get in Milwaukee to get a ring by farrrrrrr.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Over time the details will be lost, so rings are gonna be rings and rightly so. Same way Raptors in 2019. 10-15 years from now we not gonna care. I do believe that this is the best chance he’ll get in Milwaukee to get a ring by farrrrrrr.

Twas a joke to tease @beekay414

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Giannis collects a couple more rings over the next few years assuming their team stays healthy. 

41 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Over time the details will be lost, so rings are gonna be rings and rightly so. Same way Raptors in 2019. 10-15 years from now we not gonna care. 

Is it really though? Sure a lot of details will be lost to over time but not all.  The second the Raptors title is ever mentioned everyone’s first though is still always the same. No one puts that team on any kind of championship pedestal.  You think Raptors chip you think KD and klay injury’s not only first but it’s first, last and everything in between.  It’s both perception and reality.  

I do think the Nets falling apart is a lot different as they are a bit of an illegitimate team in the first place.  The way Harden got out of Houston is frankly one of the most disgraceful things a professional could ever do and league owners should have blackballed him to prevent it from happening in the future.  They are also a team that was just always rip to fall apart for anyone of a million reason.  You’d be hard pressed to find 3 softer , flakyer, self entitled mental cases in the entire league.  Kylie was just as likely to sit out because he had “things on his mind” as he was from injury.  They mite ultimately keep there sht together to win 1 over the next year or two put that team was always destined to have something go wrong. It wasn’t bad luck it was more probable than not.

It does feel somewhat like the NBA is reliving the late 70’s with better star power. The games are still entertaining for us die hards but we now have 3 straight years of playoffs/ championships that will pretty be lost and have no place in history.  The Raptors ended a dynasty due to massive injuries, then we get a bubble tournament that never really felt like it mattered or was a true championship and now we have half the best players in the league get injured in playoffs.  Raptors, Lakers and Bucks will have little place in NBA lore.  Nobody ever talks about those late 70’s teams historically, this will end up being much the same

Edited by BigC421/

31 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Is it really though? Sure a lot of details will be lost to over time but not all.  The second the Raptors title is ever mentioned everyone’s first though is still always the same. No one puts that team on any kind of championship pedestal.  You think Raptors chip you think KD and klay injury’s not only first but it’s first, last and everything in between.  It’s both perception and reality.  

I do think the Nets falling apart is a lot different as they are a bit of an illegitimate team in the first place.  The way Harden got out of Houston is frankly one of the most disgraceful things a professional could ever do and league owners should have blackballed him to prevent it from happening in the future.  They are also a team that was just always rip to fall apart for anyone of a million reason.  You’d be hard pressed to find 3 softer , flakyer, self entitled mental cases in the entire league.  Kylie was just as likely to sit out because he had “things on his mind” as he was from injury.  They mite ultimately keep there sht together to win 1 over the next year or two put that team was always destined to have something go wrong. It wasn’t bad luck it was more probable than not.

It does feel somewhat like the NBA is reliving the late 70’s with better star power. The games are still entertaining for us die hards but we now have 3 straight years of playoffs/ championships that will pretty be lost and have no place in history.  The Raptors ended a dynasty due to massive injuries, then we get a bubble tournament that never really felt like it mattered or was a true championship and now we have half the best players in the league get injured in playoffs.  Raptors, Lakers and Bucks will have little place in NBA lore.  Nobody ever talks about those late 70’s teams historically, this will end up being much the same

This crap about the nets being illegitimate needs to stop. Just because you don’t like the players, doesn’t make it illegitimate. These narratives are BS. Injuries undid us. People just wanna make up BS because it suits their narrative. People thought from that the personalities (which was mostly BS to start with) would kill this team. They were wrong. They thought Kyrie was selfish and toxic so it would kill everything, they were wrong. They though Harden was a ball hog and there was only one ball for the 3 of the stars so it wouldn’t work, wrong again. They said defensively we would be so crap that we wouldn’t go anywhere, wrong again. Then injuries happen, which could literally happen to any team as we have seen which killed us and people wanna stick their chest out and say “see I told ya”. Enough of this man. 

32 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

This crap about the nets being illegitimate needs to stop. Just because you don’t like the players, doesn’t make it illegitimate. These narratives are BS. Injuries undid us. People just wanna make up BS because it suits their narrative. People thought from that the personalities (which was mostly BS to start with) would kill this team. They were wrong. They thought Kyrie was selfish and toxic so it would kill everything, they were wrong. They though Harden was a ball hog and there was only one ball for the 3 of the stars so it wouldn’t work, wrong again. They said defensively we would be so crap that we wouldn’t go anywhere, wrong again. Then injuries happen, which could literally happen to any team as we have seen which killed us and people wanna stick their chest out and say “see I told ya”. Enough of this man. 

Remind me again how many games they played together?  I never liked Kyrie to be fair and KD is a bit of an entitled narcissistic baby but I didn’t have any problem with the Nets til the Harden fiasco.  That was pure trash.  I’m sure his injuries had NOTHING to do with his attitude and shape coming into the season. The reapt what the sowed 

Edited by BigC421/

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Raptors title is 2 years ago.  Give it 8-10 years.

1 hour ago, BigC421/ said:

Remind me again how many games they played together?  I never liked Kyrie to be fair and KD is a bit of an entitled narcissistic baby but I didn’t have any problem with the Nets til the Harden fiasco.  That was pure trash.  I’m sure his injuries had NOTHING to do with his attitude and shape coming into the season. The reapt what the sowed 

They didn’t play many games because of injuries and COVID protocols and Kyrie taking time off. Harden wanted to be traded and stated that way before the season started and Houston were playing hard ball and so he forced his way which is commonplace in this league. People rooted and expected it to fail and when they realised they were wrong they started hating it.

Feels like PHX is done.

Didnt watch the game from start to finish - check in's - but did take in the majority of the 4th.

PHX shot really well - both teams did actually - but PHX still lost. Good thing for them there's time between games, cause its kinda tough to empty your gun - come up short - and get right back into a gun fiight.

PHX is getting killed on the offensive boards - but MKE's not doing much better on theirs. It's hard to find the stat that makes the difference. Guess thats where a key / crucial steal & bucket comes in. 

MKE should probably take this on their home court.

14 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

People rooted and expected it to fail and when they realised they were wrong they started hating it.

It did fail. 2nd round exit.  Kyrie taking time is on him.  I certainly didn’t expect it to fail they cost me $.  I put a sizable wager on them to win the East pre season and that’s pre Harden.