Jump to content

2021 NBA Finals: Bucks win title 4-2 over Suns


Who wins?  

21 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Suns in 4
      0
    • Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Bucks in 4
      0
    • Bucks in 5
      0
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/21/2021 at 08:45 AM

Recommended Posts

Neither of those plays were dirty plays, just players busting their tails to obstruct a dunk. If either would of been high or low a case could be made, but the contact is to the trunk of the body and the dunker easily land back on his feet. Nothing to see there but playing hard.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Injuries can ruin any team’s title hopes, but they’re far more likely to happen to a team full of older, load managing players that were in and out of lineup all season for various reasons… it doesn’t make it any less true that IF the Nets were healthy, they would have likely cruised to a title, but we’re being blind if we pretend that wasn’t always a big if. I mean it was THEE question heading into the playoffs. 

I don't dispute in any way that the Kyrie/Harden injuries are what allowed MIL to get past the Nets.  That being said, injuries to their injury prone big 3 was always their biggest risk factor.  Even with the injuries, if Joe Harris doesn't go in the tank after game 2 they would have advanced.  Next year could easily play out differently and the Nets may cruise to a title.  They were on a completely different level than anyone else in the playoffs until the injuries hit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, R T said:

Neither of those plays were dirty plays, just players busting their tails to obstruct a dunk. If either would of been high or low a case could be made, but the contact is to the trunk of the body and the dunker easily land back on his feet. Nothing to see there but playing hard.   

Agreed.  I have no issue with either play.  Paul actually did MIL a huge favor with the foul (assuming that's the foul at the end of game 5)

Edited by Mazrimiv
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The play was already dead and Booker clearly looks back and slows down so he can try to put Giannis on a poster. Giannis was sprinting back to make a play full speed, clearly lifts his arm up to make a play on the ball, wasn't there fast enough so he made contact with his shoulder and fell down himself out of bounds because of his momentum. It should've probably been a flagrant but Giannis was clearly looking to make a play on the ball not just take Booker out. 

CP3 had zero chance of effecting that Giannis lob at all and blatantly pushed him in the groin/stomach area out of frustration, can't even make a slight argument that it was a basketball play. If Giannis whiffs on that dunk it would've literally been CP3 full force pushing him full momentum out of mid-air. Loser play by a career loser player. 

“The play was already dead”, yeah that makes it worse lol. Booker is like a 10 metres in front of him I don’t even know how you can posterize somebody from that lol. 
 

CP3 I can at least say it was a game deciding play, he’s 6ft trying to impede a 6’11 dude and just try to make sure that he didn’t dunk it. He had no chance correct and neither did Giannis. If you switch the players in that situation there’s no way you’d be saying this. Just admit your implicit bias and move on lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Anyone else start the series being okay with either team winning only to gradually become a firm Bucks supporter this series? The Suns, and Booker especially, have been very unlikable to me these last few games.

Interesting to read that.  I had assumed it was just my pro-MIL bias that made Booker seem unlikable.  CP3's personality traits are well documented, so I don't give him much thought.  I don't see any issues with other Suns players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be cool to see Coach Bud win a ring. He's always been an excellent coach. Biggest thing to me is he always takes his teams as far as they can go. Even when he was in Atlanta, he took a Hawks team to the best record in the east and to the ECF with no superstar. They lost to LeBron. He took that team as far as they could go.

The last two years with the Bucks, they lost to the Raptors and Heat who both made the Finals. Yes those losses were disappointing, but when you lose to the team that wins the championship and makes the Finals, there's no shame in that.

Bud has taken a lot of heat the past 2-3 years and I get it; that's why it would be awesome to see him win one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Anyone else start the series being okay with either team winning only to gradually become a firm Bucks supporter this series? The Suns, and Booker especially, have been very unlikable to me these last few games.

I don't agree. Booker has played awesome, especially the past few games. Nothing against him.

Now Chris Paul on the other hand... dude is a slimeball. An entire career of being a prick and doing all these little dirty things then last night the dude full pushes Giannis while he's in mid air. Dude is a scum bag.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

“The play was already dead”, yeah that makes it worse lol. Booker is like a 10 metres in front of him I don’t even know how you can posterize somebody from that lol. 
 

CP3 I can at least say it was a game deciding play, he’s 6ft trying to impede a 6’11 dude and just try to make sure that he didn’t dunk it. He had no chance correct and neither did Giannis. If you switch the players in that situation there’s no way you’d be saying this. Just admit your implicit bias and move on lol.

The whistle was blown so he should've just stopped, instead he decided to push the ball up court, literally looks back and sees Giannis chasing him down and slows down slightly so he can try to put him on a poster. Then proceeded to flex on Giannis as he fell down out of bounds. Giannis was trying to make a hustle play and block the shot. 

CP3 on the other hand is ball watching Jrue, realizes he's going to throw the lob and pushes Giannis mid air full force in his groin and abdomen area. If Giannis had jumped slightly earlier and missed the dunk for whatever reason like for example if the ball hit the rim and he wasn't able to grab it, you would've had a situation where Giannis would've slammed against the ground running/jumping full speed from the push. The fact that he grabbed the rim and held himself up prevented a potentially gnarly injury. 

In the context of the game on Giannis block attempt the Bucks were down by 9 in the 1st quarter so trying to make a hustle play/big block to slow down the Suns momentum makes sense. Chris Paul's dumb arse pushed him on a dunk down by 1 with 13 seconds to go, one in which he had zero chance of stopping Giannis from scoring, and it ultimately lost them the game. Seemed like more of a frustration foul than anything. And I promise you if it was LeBron James being pushed like that by someone like Patrick Beverly it would've been a huge deal.

Edited by NYRaider
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R T said:

Neither of those plays were dirty plays, just players busting their tails to obstruct a dunk. If either would of been high or low a case could be made, but the contact is to the trunk of the body and the dunker easily land back on his feet. Nothing to see there but playing hard.   

Giannis was making a play on the ball, Chris Paul was making a play on Giannis balls. 

crop_exact_GettyImages-1234036250__1_.jp

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't agree. Booker has played awesome, especially the past few games. Nothing against him.

Now Chris Paul on the other hand... dude is a slimeball. An entire career of being a prick and doing all these little dirty things then last night the dude full pushes Giannis while he's in mid air. Dude is a scum bag.

 

Booker can play well and also completely turn you off to him with his incessant whining. That's been the case for me. Constantly berating refs (even on plays he's not involved with or BLATANT fouls-see Middleton out of bounds play) with no repercussions, the BS game 4 foul out situation where he should have fouled out at least twice, he pushes off constantly but it's never called, and it's gotten really old really fast. He's easily the guy I've disliked the most the last few games. I knew what to expect with CP3. Not the case with Booker.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Booker can play well and also completely turn you off to him with his incessant whining. That's been the case for me. Constantly berating refs (even on plays he's not involved with or BLATANT fouls-see Middleton out of bounds play) with no repercussions, the BS game 4 foul out situation where he should have fouled out at least twice, he pushes off constantly but it's never called, and it's gotten really old really fast. He's easily the guy I've disliked the most the last few games. I knew what to expect with CP3. Not the case with Booker.

Agreed. The dislike for him has nothing to do with his ability as obviously he has played at an insane level. He just does it in an extremely unlikeable way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The whistle was blown so he should've just stopped, instead he decided to push the ball up court, literally looks back and sees Giannis chasing him down and slows down slightly so he can try to put him on a poster. Then proceeded to flex on Giannis as he fell down out of bounds. Giannis was trying to make a hustle play and block the shot. 

CP3 on the other hand is ball watching Jrue, realizes he's going to throw the lob and pushes Giannis mid air full force in his groin and abdomen area. If Giannis had jumped slightly earlier and missed the dunk for whatever reason like for example if the ball hit the rim and he wasn't able to grab it, you would've had a situation where Giannis would've slammed against the ground running/jumping full speed from the push. The fact that he grabbed the rim and held himself up prevented a potentially gnarly injury. 

In the context of the game on Giannis block attempt the Bucks were down by 9 in the 1st quarter so trying to make a hustle play/big block to slow down the Suns momentum makes sense. Chris Paul's dumb arse pushed him on a dunk down by 1 with 13 seconds to go, one in which he had zero chance of stopping Giannis from scoring, and it ultimately lost them the game. Seemed like more of a frustration foul than anything. And I promise you if it was LeBron James being pushed like that by someone like Patrick Beverly it would've been a huge deal.

This is just a bunch of BS. Like all of it. You’re justifying one but not the other. Pause that clip at :04 seconds and tell me with a straight face that Giannis tried to make a play on the ball. Giannis didn’t even jump, so how on Earth did he try and block it? Also I love the logic of “Booker should’ve stopped but Giannis shouldn’t have”. Like you’re making a fool of yourself. 

Edited by Kip Smithers
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

This is just a bunch of BS. Like all of it. You’re justifying one but not the other. Pause that clip at :04 seconds and tell me with a straight face that Giannis tried to make a play on the ball. Giannis didn’t even jump, so how on Earth did he try and block it? Also I love the logic of “Booker should’ve stopped but Giannis shouldn’t have”. Like you’re making a fool of yourself. 

Giannis 7'0" with a 7'4" wingspan and was in a full sprint trying to get back, he literally fell down out of bounds and at least where he did touch Booker was near were the ball should've been. At :04 seconds it looks like he was going to try and make a play on the ball but was just too late. He made contact as Booker was grabbing the rim. Either way they were down in the 1st quarter and a big block right there could've swung the momentum so it makes sense as to why Giannis would hustle back and look to stop an easy transition opportunity. 

bctBPEz.png

1329282706-850x560.jpeg

CP3 on the other hand was already pushing mid air from a stand still position on a play he had absolutely no chance of stopping. 

crop_exact_GettyImages-1234036250__1_.jp

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...