• Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Bucks in 4
    • Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/21/2021 at 08:45 AM

40 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Giannis resume over the past 3 years is  as good as we’ve seen in a long time. Now whether his that resume is actually reflective of his play is another thing entirely. But just looking strictly on paper, his this run is all time great. Not even Bron had a run that stacks up to this (though that DPOY in 2013 could’ve put him in this discussion).

I mean him smacking KD and the super teams team up looked good on more than paper. 

5 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yeah I know right. Hard to believe. 

No, I'm confused by what in the hell you meant by that.

"Whether or not his play is as good as his resume" is some backhanded bull**** if I've ever seen it. How else did he build that resume? In a sandbox? On the sidelines? He pay for it? Goad someone into voting for him. Not put up historic Finals numbers?

There's just no way that dumbass comment is based in any type of reality.

• Like 1

What do you think? @11sanchez11

Obviously Monty limited any potential assists with that game 3. Don’t believe Booker got a single minute in that 4th. But, he is dominating the ball a lot late in games. I think the Bucks are okay with him being the only one to get going late. Is it how Milwaukee is defending him? Does he need to give it up earlier more often? 

Here is Monty commenting on it too.

Edit: And, this isn’t me trying to say Booker can’t pass. I know he’s capable. He’s got better reading the defense. He isn’t gonna be CP3 with the rock, but I’m not gonna say he can’t pass. Kobe used to get framed like he couldn’t pass when he was in all actuality a good passer. I’m just asking if he is holding onto it too much getting a bit of tunnel vision late in the games.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Twitter users aren’t trying to cover their own butts. That was the general consensus of 90% of hoop fans. You guys are in the minority or just playing contrarian for the sake of it like @beekay414said.

Or Kip's just pulling his white knight routine for players that he feels are slandered too much. He's done it all year because that's his spiel. Part being contrarian to popular belief and part white knighting IMO. Is what it is. I don't care much regardless cuz CP3's going home a loser anyways.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Or Kip's just pulling his white knight routine for players that he feels are slandered too much. He's done it all year because that's his spiel. Part being contrarian to popular belief and part white knighting IMO. Is what it is. I don't care much regardless cuz CP3's going home a loser anyways.

Yeah, maybe that’s it.

I’ve just seen CP3 do stuff like this too much to give him any benefit of the doubt. Some dudes are just villains. It’s not just a narrative. That’s how Paul plays. He would fit in well in the 90s or even farther back when they used to do a lot of dirty/rough fouls, but this isn’t the 90s. You used to be able to get away with a lot more back in the day and that doesn’t just apply to dirty/hard fouls. I saw guys with a good following get outed for making a bunch of rape jokes 7-8 years ago on Twitter days ago. It’s way easier to find evidence and bring it to the table now. People aren’t gonna forget cause you can just go search and find all the evidence you need. You can say that modern culture has become to PC or the NBA has become too soft, but dirty plays or foul statements just aren’t flying anymore like they used to and if you don’t adjust you’re gonna get highlighted for it. 

It’s also not just dangerous/dirty fouls that I take issue with him. He does lots of stuff after the whistle or when the refs aren’t looking to provoke guys. It’s why I understand when some dudes that notice it and don’t want to put up with it like Rondo or Cousins respond by smacking him in the face or throwing the ball at him. Chris knows well what he’s doing.

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No, I'm confused by what in the hell you meant by that.

"Whether or not his play is as good as his resume" is some backhanded bull**** if I've ever seen it. How else did he build that resume? In a sandbox? On the sidelines? He pay for it? Goad someone into voting for him. Not put up historic Finals numbers?

There's just no way that dumbass comment is based in any type of reality.

Of course you would be confused. I expected nothing less. Giannis in that span is has accumulated accolades that is nearly unprecedented and best player in the game by a great margin stuff yet at no point has anybody (except you probably, otherwise I wouldn’t have to break it down to you) ever considered him the best player in the game or even close to it.

20 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Twitter users aren’t trying to cover their own butts. That was the general consensus of 90% of hoop fans. You guys are in the minority or just playing contrarian for the sake of it like @beekay414said.

Basketball Twitter is a dumpster fire lol. We gonna do this thing where we use it when it supports our argument but trash it when it doesn’t? 

8 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Basketball Twitter is a dumpster fire lol. We gonna do this thing where we use it when it supports our argument but trash it when it doesn’t? 

It is confirmation bias on both our parts, but I ain't listening to anything the league puts out. Referee reports are bogus lol.

Either way when the vast majority agrees that it was a dirty play and the vast majority agrees that CP3 is known for dirty behavior in his past.... then yeah.

But, you and him are free to believe whatever you want.