• Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Bucks in 4
    • Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/21/2021 at 08:45 AM

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's more how he isn't one of the main factors in the clutch possessions that has people feeling this way, more so than him being a bad shooter. Like he legit in game 4 was trying to get rid of the ball so he wouldn't get fouled and when he would get fouled, he didn't throw the ball at the rim since he didn't want to shoot FTs...Fast forward to game 5 and he misses three consecutive FTs and Middleton/Jrue have been doing the closing all playoffs.....BUT he does so many great things on both ends, people only want to point to what he doesn't do in the clutch opposed to what he DOES do. What is funny is you have so many people dogging Giannis for not being a closer yet they were also hating on Kobe saying he got carried to three rings with Shaq when he was actually doing the closing during that time. People will say things to fit their narrative.

You acknowledge this after the 'BUT' though I think it should be further elaborated on. Who ran the floor in a situation where most guys chill and let Holiday hold the ball until he's fouled? Who caught the insane oop while being fouled and finished? Who tipped his own missed free throw back to Middleton which 1) Secured possession and 2) Deferred to a vastly better free throw shooter to seal the game?

Giannis certainly doesn't fit the mold of the Jordan-esque closer that we are used to seeing and expect. That doesn't make him any less effective as an overall player. I mean go back one game and 'the block' is a textbook example of a guy making ridiculous plays to help seal a game for his team without scoring.

• Like 3

Just now, Bullet Club said:

You acknowledge this after the 'BUT' though I think it should be further elaborated on. Who ran the floor in a situation where most guys chill and let Holiday hold the ball until he's fouled? Who caught the insane oop while being fouled and finished? Who tipped his own missed free throw back to Middleton which 1) Secured possession and 2) Deferred to a vastly better free throw shooter to seal the game?

Giannis certainly doesn't fit the mold of the Jordan-esque closer that we are used to seeing and expect. That doesn't make him any less effective as an overall player. I mean go back one game and 'the block' is a textbook example of a guy making ridiculous plays to help seal a game for his team without scoring.

You don't need to convince me on Giannis, I'm been a big fan of his. And yes, his greatness is unorthodox compared to others and I even mentioned he plays hard every single time. He's a great defender without guarding the opposing team's best perimeter player and he gets attacked for that. He scores 30+ and gets attacked for not being a good shooter or having a "bag."

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Let's not put the cart before the horse.   The Bucks play well at home but they still have to do this.

We CAN put the cart before the horse in this case since the Foster curse is REAL for CP3 teams lol.

Btw, love that idiom! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You don't need to convince me on Giannis, I'm been a big fan of his. And yes, his greatness is unorthodox compared to others and I even mentioned he plays hard every single time. He's a great defender without guarding the opposing team's best perimeter player and he gets attacked for that. He scores 30+ and gets attacked for not being a good shooter or having a "bag."

I wasn't trying to argue with you, I was elaborating on something you brought up.

• Like 1

I'm just super pumped for tonight's game. I can't see it disappointing one way or another. The Bucks being crowned as champs for the first time in decades would be awesome as well as getting a game 7. At this point there's not many adjustments either team can make, but the teams are so evenly matched that the games are coming down to the last minute. The Suns losing both close games this series where they haven't even gotten a shot up at the rim is pretty amazing to think about. 

I was wrong with my game 5 prediction but I just think CP3 has a pretty epic 4th quarter and the Suns pull it out 108-103! 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Okay, what's the excuse now though?

It’s not an excuse he’s just used different than he has in previous playoff runs. IN a league where KD, Lebron or Steph don’t exist, this would be Giannis’ league. It ain’t his fault. But I agree with the sentiment that the fact that he’s capable of this dominance in light if his flaws should be commended. 

Giannis ...imo...got caught up in trying to Extend his game to the 3pt line.  He needed to/ needs to develop his 10-12 foot shot first. 

Post up jump hook, 1/2 hook plus a few other post up moves to take advantage of PnR switches.

10-12 foot pull up range shot/ floater as he threatens with dribble penetration in half court sets.  

He doesn't need to become a 3pt shooter, or not force that part of his game.

• Like 1

Just heard that the NBA is giving the Bucks a home victory by appointing Scott Foster to "referee" this game. I think that the Houston Texans have a better chance to win the Super Bowl this season than seeing Foster referee a fair game with the Suns.

Over-under Giannis having 1.5x the free throws of the entire Suns roster?