MKnight82's Top 50 Video Games of All Time - Full List Up

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Ya how do you do that

See the button in between strikethrough and the quotes? Looks like a chain link. Use that. It's for links. I didn't master what you asked, but you can probably figure it out from there.

#32 - Call of Duty Black Ops 

cod_bo1_xbox360.jpg

Played On: Xbox 360

I'm not sure I've ever played the single player campaign in this game before?  I've definitely never played the standard multiplayer before.  What I have done is played the crap out of some zombies.  The game has tight controls and a good assortment of weapons, which is standard for all COD games. Call of the Dead, Der Riese, and of course Kino Der Toten are three of the most fun zombies experiences I've ever had in gaming. I generally don't like most multi-player games, but I do enjoy cooperative gaming where you work together as a group and Black Ops nailed that. Looking over my list this is really the only purely multi-player game I have on the list (WOW is multi-player but I mostly just leveled on my own). Other games on the list have multi-player aspects too but this one is the only one that I literally only played for multi-player. I have played some of the newer versions of zombies on Black Ops but they seem to have gotten too complex, and just aren't as fun as the original. 

Edited by MKnight82

#31 - Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

a1d83f750971da1fd19780cac11bb6bd.jpg 

Played On: NES, Switch

I have a weird history with this game. I played it as a kid, but found it frustrating and much preferred the original game over this one. Then about 10 years ago a buddy and I started replaying a lot of original NES games and found that this game was really ahead of its time and has great replay value now. You can now play it on the Switch's SNES emulator (which I think is free?) and it still holds up. Taking the super successful overhead isometric design of the original Zelda and flipping it on its head to a side scrolling action adventure was a really ballsy move when this came out. I know that a lot of people back in the day considered A Link to the Past the true Zelda 2, and just considered this some offshoot Zelda game. I want to say that the overworld RPG open world elements in this game were kind of groundbreaking, I know that Final Fantasy 1 on the NES had a similar system but I think Link came out before that. The sidescroller adventure game wasn't new but this game did it well, with plenty of different enemies and tight (but difficult) combat. If you've never played this game, or if you haven't played it in a long time its worth firing up and giving it a try for sure. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Ironically (or not), I have played the hell out of a lot of COD games - mostly the ones 5+ years ago and older. I never got into Zombies in any of them.

I just bought black ops 4 like 2 days ago.  Solely for zombies.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

#31 - Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

a1d83f750971da1fd19780cac11bb6bd.jpg 

Played On: NES, Switch

I have a weird history with this game. I played it as a kid, but found it frustrating and much preferred the original game over this one. Then about 10 years ago a buddy and I started replaying a lot of original NES games and found that this game was really ahead of its time and has great replay value now. You can now play it on the Switch's SNES emulator (which I think is free?) and it still holds up. Taking the super successful overhead isometric design of the original Zelda and flipping it on its head to a side scrolling action adventure was a really ballsy move when this came out. I know that a lot of people back in the day considered A Link to the Past the true Zelda 2, and just considered this some offshoot Zelda game. I want to say that the overworld RPG open world elements in this game were kind of groundbreaking, I know that Final Fantasy 1 on the NES had a similar system but I think Link came out before that. The sidescroller adventure game wasn't new but this game did it well, with plenty of different enemies and tight (but difficult) combat. If you've never played this game, or if you haven't played it in a long time its worth firing up and giving it a try for sure. 

This game was crazy difficult back in the day. IIRC there was some sweet game genie codes for it though. 

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The switch version has a rewind feature in case you do something stupid.

How is the emulation on switch? Do you just DL the game from the web? I might look back into that stuff. I used to have a modded xbox with all the old games, but since then I have had to rely on those pseudo systems released that come with ~20-40 bundled games.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How is the emulation on switch? Do you just DL the game from the web? I might look back into that stuff. I used to have a modded xbox with all the old games, but since then I have had to rely on those pseudo systems released that come with ~20-40 bundled games.

There's a free NES and SNES emulator, at least I think they are free.  You just DL from the game store and they each have like 40 games per. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Why not?  

It's seen as a failure by a lot of really hardcore fans of the series. I think it's still a good game, and this is your list of favorite games so it's fine. I was just surprised to see it here at all.

25 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's seen as a failure by a lot of really hardcore fans of the series. I think it's still a good game, and this is your list of favorite games so it's fine. I was just surprised to see it here at all.

Most of that comes from the terrible launch.  It’s not the same game that It was at launch.