MKnight82's Top 50 Video Games of All Time - Full List Up

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Have you played it?

Resident Evil 4?   Yes.   It was one of the 6 games I owned on Gamecube.

Its a good game, for sure.   And if its YOUR favorite game....I completely respect that.

But come on....its certainly not a better overall achievement in gaming than numerous games on your own list, or others that werent on it.     It was a very fun, but fairly standard action horror game. 

Again, I have no issue with you having it at the top of YOUR list.   I just had to poke fun at the  "This is THE greatest video game of all time" comment.

Our criterias and standards are clearly different though.  Nothing wrong with that....everyone has their preferences.   

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

Resident Evil 4?   Yes.   It was one of the 6 games I owned on Gamecube.

Its a good game, for sure.   And if its YOUR favorite game....I completely respect that.

But come on....its certainly not a better overall achievement in gaming than numerous games on your own list, or others that werent on it.     It was a very fun, but fairly standard action horror game. 

Again, I have no issue with you having it at the top of YOUR list.   I just had to poke fun at the  "This is THE greatest video game of all time" comment.

Our criterias and standards are clearly different though.  Nothing wrong with that....everyone has their preferences.   

It created the over the shoulder shooter genre and revitalized the Resident Evil franchise.  It was way more innovative than you’re giving it credit for.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

Also, you not owning a Nintendo or Playstation console in like the last 10-15 years really hurts this list. There are several games missing from those consoles that are better than every game you listed.

Such as? And remember - you said every game listed.... so these better be amazing. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, showtime said:

Also, you not owning a Nintendo or Playstation console in like the last 10-15 years really hurts this list. There are several games missing from those consoles that are better than every game you listed.

Every game?

20 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I’ve played Odyssey, BOTW, and god of war.  They aren’t in my top 50.

Yeah but he "hasn't even heard of" some of your top 50 so they can't possibly be good!

And I've enjoyed following this thread btw even though I never once bothered posting in it until today. 

On a somewhat similar note here, not everyone can play every video game ever. And this is all opinion. There's no facts in this and everyone's personal experience with titles is different. Not sure why anyone bothers complaining about someone's personal top 50 in general. It's not like we're going to carve the list into a mountain now for all to see. It was just something fun to do to share and kill time....

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

BOTW is one of the most boring games I’ve ever played.

You should send me your switch so I can play BOT (joking). I used to play every Zelda game and want to get back into them. I think there is a new one coming out..