MKnight82's Top 50 Video Games of All Time - Full List Up

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

What console 

Xbox 1.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-series-x/immortals-fenyx-rising

11 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I feel like youve posted this link sometime before. Did we have a conversation about this game and how you overrate it in the past? 

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You should send me your switch so I can play BOT (joking). I used to play every Zelda game and want to get back into them. I think there is a new one coming out.. 

Idk if you have a PC or a good enough or whatever but if you do, you can pretty easily emulate Wii U version of BOTW with Cemu. 

Though I'm more Knight's side here, I couldn't get past the first few hours, 3-4 maybe, either time, when I first played it on Wii U and then on switch, that being said, I give up on games now than anyone on Earth so that doesn't mean much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Idk if you have a PC or a good enough or whatever but if you do, you can pretty easily emulate Wii U version of BOTW with Cemu. 

Though I'm more Knight's side here, I couldn't get past the first few hours, 3-4 maybe, either time, when I first played it on Wii U and then on switch, that being said, I give up on games now than anyone on Earth so that doesn't mean much.

One of the reasons I am looking at the emulator on the xbox. I know the Series X has 16 teraflops of processing power and one site called it the "ultimate emulator machine". I do have an 11 gen i7/16gb ram laptop as well, but I really dont know what the requirements are in terms of GPU. 

Ive got a friend who has a switch I might borrow. I literally only want to play Zelda and Mario Kart. Nintendo doesnt have anything else that interest me. Plus, the controller/console is a terrible design imo. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

One of the reasons I am looking at the emulator on the xbox. I know the Series X has 16 teraflops of processing power and one site called it the "ultimate emulator machine". I do have an 11 gen i7/16gb ram laptop as well, but I really dont know what the requirements are in terms of GPU. 

Ive got a friend who has a switch I might borrow. I literally only want to play Zelda and Mario Kart. Nintendo doesnt have anything else that interest me. Plus, the controller/console is a terrible design imo. 

I can't use the regular joycons for more than like 30 minutes without my hands hurting like hell, had to buy some third party ones, feel cheap but work well. After that I like it quite a bit.

Not sure there in your laptop, but Cemu isn't something that needs crazy requirements iirc. But yeah Series X looks pretty good for emulation as it should be, Wii U would be way too much obviously but I know people have really good succuss with PS2/GC which is pretty cool. 

But yeah if you only want to try the new Mario Kart and BOTW then don't buy one I'd say, that being said, I didn't think I would find so much damn **** on there I'd want to play. Started even playing a lot of indie junk that I never thought I would too. (but I'm also not paying for any of this lol so that helps ya find stuff to play [don't tell Nintendo on me])

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Zelda and mariokart are on the switch emulator 

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That must be working well anymore huh? I haven't followed that in ages but I remember hearing it was pretty promising right out the gate. I think there was a couple of them I'll have to go check that out too out of curiosity.

Ghost of Tsushima is a pretty beastly game. Try it if you ever get a PS. I was mainly a 360 and Xbox One user, but after switching to PS5, I realized those consoles (especially the Xbox One) had such crappy exclusives. Halo and Gears were cool like 15 years ago, though.

20 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Yuza? I just read about it. This gets into an interesting dynamic, because according to a site I read, its not illegal to have roms of game you own; nor is it illegal to to run the on emulators. Id absolutely go buy the games to run them legally.

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

That must be working well anymore huh? I haven't followed that in ages but I remember hearing it was pretty promising right out the gate. I think there was a couple of them I'll have to go check that out too out of curiosity.

According to many of articles I just skimmed, it appears to be super solid. 

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Ghost of Tsushima is a pretty beastly game. Try it if you ever get a PS. I was mainly a 360 and Xbox One user, but after switching to PS5, I realized those consoles (especially the Xbox One) had such crappy exclusives. Halo and Gears were cool like 15 years ago, though.

You seem to be on the opposite side of the rotation. 360 seemed to out play PS3 due to the cell processor. PS4 was widely held to have the better exclusives. XBS1 is looking like its the better hardware/exclusives/open platform/etc. Thats not to even mention that Gold Ultimate gets you a 100 released games + all the exclusives (Halo/Forza/etc).

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yuza? I just read about it. This gets into an interesting dynamic, because according to a site I read, its not illegal to have roms of game you own; nor is it illegal to to run the on emulators. Id absolutely go buy the games to run them legally.

According to many of articles I just skimmed, it appears to be super solid. 

You seem to be on the opposite side of the rotation. 360 seemed to out play PS3 due to the cell processor. PS4 was widely held to have the better exclusives. XBS1 is looking like its the better hardware/exclusives/open platform/etc. Thats not to even mention that Gold Ultimate gets you a 100 released games + all the exclusives (Halo/Forza/etc).

360 was an elite console. The Xbox One was garbage.

As far as the Series X is concerned, it still has no games to play. We'll see what happens in the next 3-5 years, but Microsoft hasn't been able to create a good exclusive in like 15 years. They're tried with games like Alan Wake, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, etc and those games were all failures.