MKnight82's Top 50 Video Games of All Time - Full List Up

1 minute ago, showtime said:

360 was an elite console. The Xbox One was garbage.

"Garbage" - - lol. Little excessive. 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

As far as the Series X is concerned, it still has no games to play. We'll see what happens in the next 3-5 years, but Microsoft hasn't been able to create a good exclusive in like 15 years. They're tried with games like Alan Wake, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, etc and those games were all failures.

To each his own. Some of the Xbox games were pretty cool (Forza Horizon, Sea of Thieves, Recore). But everyone who paid attention knew that Xbox was expanding their line up coming this gen. Which is why theyve already locked up some of biggest next gen games. 

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Why?

Not sure why the 360 was "elite" either...

Typical gamer hyperbole. My son drives me insane with is - everything is either amazing or trash. No clue about showtimes age, but its a staple of younger gamers lexicon. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Typical gamer hyperbole. My son drives me insane with is - everything is either amazing or trash. No clue about showtimes age, but its a staple of younger gamers lexicon. 

Haha agreed. I'm guessing part of that stuff is the bias built it with what you owned. I could never get into PS1 because I never had one growing up but recently I've been messing with it through emulation, and a little on my real hardware and the PS classic and discovering a ton of **** I like. Which is another damn problem anyways, just have to many things in capable of playing so I never stick to anything. Was just playing God damned TurboGrafx a second ago ffs lol. 

PS4 obviously had a massive advantage in the exclusives department. But as far as hardware, I'm not sure there was some giant lean or anything that would make the thing garbage. Then with the 360, I was all in a 360 guy myself but you obviously had the hardware issues with and everything but past that it wasn't was ahead. No more than OG Xbox over ps2, to me anyways.

No offense to showtime but he seems like a "all my opinions are facts and all your opinions are wrong" kinda cat lol

**** gets old quick that way. It's already damn near impossible to discuss gaming anywhere with chilled rational atmosphere anymore sadly.

22 minutes ago, Norm said:

Why?

Not sure why the 360 was "elite" either...

Because a lot of third party games, which is most games, ran better on the 360 than they did on the PS3. The 360 costed a lot less than the PS3 for a long time because the PS3 forced everyone to buy a Blu-Ray player back in 2007 when most people didn't even have a TV to fully utilize it. The 360 era also continued to progress Halo, which was a great growing franchise at the time. It also introduced Gears of War. Xbox Live was like 100000x better than PSN when it was free.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

No offense to showtime but he seems like a "all my opinions are facts and all your opinions are wrong" kinda cat lol

**** gets old quick that way. It's already damn near impossible to discuss gaming anywhere with chilled rational atmosphere anymore sadly.

I mean, we're just talking. All of this stuff is opinions. The fact that you think of me that way says more about you than it does me. Nothing anyone is saying is a fact. We can all have a different point of view and it's fine.

Not sure what else to say about a comment like this, tbh.

19 minutes ago, showtime said:

Uh, the console was bad because it started by forcing everyone to purchase a Kinect, which is trash. What exclusive titles did the Xbox One introduce?

I'm not sure we're on the same page here but I follow you. Forcing the bundling of it was stupid, thing sucks anyways, I guess I've had a little fun with it at times but mostly as a novelty. And I'm full on admitting it doesn't have anywhere near the exclusives. But I guess I wasn't considering either of those things being a factor in the console but I get you now. I guess I was thinking like hardware itself. Not what it brings to the table with everything considered. Step behind for sure in that regard, but far from garbage IMO 

Edit: I've experienced that games running better on 360 thing myself as well, just to add that in. OG Xbox was the same, lots of games ran better and had some higher resolutions. 

Edited by Norm

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

PS3 forced everyone to buy a Blu-Ray player back in 2007

Sure. And that added to the price. But I could pretty easily turn that into a positive point if I wanted. 360 didn't give you a blue ray player then tried to sell you a HD DVD add on for a media that died early. On top of that, 360 used dual layer DVDs, without checking that's 10+ GBs more of data they could put on one disk. 

I'm with you on the overall opinions, I'm firmly 360 over PS3 and PS4 over x1. But I don't think it's some massive gap. Pretty easy to find pros and cons all over the place to suit which ever. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

I mean, we're just talking. All of this stuff is opinions. The fact that you think of me that way says more about you than it does me. Nothing anyone is saying is a fact. We can all have a different point of view and it's fine.

Not sure what else to say about a comment like this, tbh.

Lol. It doesn't say crap about me other than I'm annoyed by people who constantly state opinions as fact. I'm sure you are thinking they're just opinions and everyone knows that as you post, but it's rarely the way it comes across. It's pretty often phrased like "your opinion is objectively wrong and mine is right " I'm not expecting you to be able to see that in your own posting. It's obviously a deep personality trait but I'll stop there and never bring it up again. But I just wanted to acknowledge it just once.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, showtime said:

Uh, the console was bad because it started by forcing everyone to purchase a Kinect, which is trash. What exclusive titles did the Xbox One introduce?

I miss my kinect. Just dance with it was such a fun drunk party game.

But the HDMI pass through, creating a media center console, cross play with PC/Nintendo, Android game share among other things were introduced in the xbox one era. To call it trash is straight ludicrous imo. 

Yeah, the Blu-Ray on the PS3 actually was a positive later into the console's life cycle. The 360 had a pretty big sales lead on the PS3 in the early/mid part of those consoles lifespans (from like 2006-2013). However, later on in the lifespan starting around 2010-2011, most people had a 1080p TV and the blu-ray player benefited the PS3 a great deal.

It's funny because just like the PS3 costed way more at launch because it was bundled with something that some people didn't even want at the time, Microsoft made that same mistake with their next console. Except when Microsoft did it with the Kinect, that thing was never valued and is awful. Part of the reason Xbox One got crushed by the PS4 is because the launch of the console was so horrid.

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I miss my kinect. Just dance with it was such a fun drunk party game.

But the HDMI pass through, creating a media center console, cross play with PC/Nintendo, Android game share among other things were introduced in the xbox one era. To call it trash is straight ludicrous imo. 

Yeah you miss the Kinect... A lot of people didn't like it or want it though.

Yeah, those other things are great, but you can do cross play and gamesharing on Playstation, too. What exclusive titles did the Xbox One introduce?

I'm thinking Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Sea of Thieves, Titanfall? I'm sure there's more. So basically an entire console gen (roughly 7 years goes by) and you can't produce more than like one quality exclusive game? Titanfall was a pretty good game, but Titanfall 2 was much better and that's on all consoles (except Nintendo I think).

Yeah, the console isn't very good. But we clearly disagree on that.