Jump to content

MKnight82's Top 50 Video Games of All Time - Full List Up


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I miss my kinect. Just dance with it was such a fun drunk party game.

But the HDMI pass through, creating a media center console, cross play with PC/Nintendo, Android game share among other things were introduced in the xbox one era. To call it trash is straight ludicrous imo. 

I totally forgot about the HDMI pass through, IDK how much of a plus that is, but it was neat. Them getting the android thing working was cool as hell too, I believe they did that before Sony but I'm not positive either. PS4 pretty clearly won that one but yeah, they did some good stuff. They're still headed in the right direction.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as Series X goes, I'm pretty positive the console will introduce some quality exclusives over the next 3-5 years and beyond. However, that's why I haven't bought one yet. it'll be worth buying in the future, but not now, imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yeah, the Blu-Ray on the PS3 actually was a positive later into the console's life cycle. The 360 had a pretty big sales lead on the PS3 in the early/mid part of those consoles lifespans (from like 2006-2013). However, later on in the lifespan starting around 2010-2011, most people had a 1080p TV and the blu-ray player benefited the PS3 a great deal.

It's funny because just like the PS3 costed way more at launch because it was bundled with something that some people didn't even want at the time, Microsoft made that same mistake with their next console. Except when Microsoft did it with the Kinect, that thing was never valued and is awful. Part of the reason Xbox One got crushed by the PS4 is because the launch of the console was so horrid.

For sure on the last part, IDK why they wanted to so badly shoehorn the Kinect in. I suppose they thought it could set them apart, but didn't Sony already have PS Move? Was a crappy controllerless version really going to be that big, sometimes I really wonder what some of these companies are thinking. But the BR player def helped later on, I have to believe there were at least some benefits to the larger storage space but I sure as hell don't know of any off hand. 

X1/PS4 release seems like 20 years ago anymore and I wasn't planning on getting either of them, maybe ever lol, so I'm not sure how bad that was but I do remember reading about people being pissed about Kinect stuff and always online threats blah blah but don't have the knowledge of how it played out anymore tbh

 

And yes, if I was going to get one something new, I would definitely go PS5 rn, but there's not anything I care about on either of them yet and even though I have 4k TVs all over the house, it just doesn't wow me like it first did. There's not enough after that to care about for me it feels like

Edited by Norm
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yeah you miss the Kinect... A lot of people didn't like it or want it though.

Yeah, those other things are great, but you can do cross play and gamesharing on Playstation, too. What exclusive titles did the Xbox One introduce?

 

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm thinking Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Sea of Thieves, Titanfall? I'm sure there's more. So basically an entire console gen (roughly 7 years goes by) and you can't produce more than like one quality exclusive game? Titanfall was a pretty good game, but Titanfall 2 was much better and that's on all consoles (except Nintendo I think).

Yeah, the console isn't very good. But we clearly disagree on that.

There is more to a console than just exclusives. PS4 had the exclusives, no denying that. But pretty much everything else was equal or leaned xbox. 

 

I didnt think PS5 was crossplay? You can play a game on playstaion against someone on nintendo? When did that change? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I can understand when a platform doesn't have the exclusives and just is taking multiplats that you can play on the other main platform how you could say it was garbage. But if we're going to use that word, I'm not sure how we'd describe some of the absolute *** that was released when I was younger lol. Bad hardware with crap libraries on a bunch of them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

 

There is more to a console than just exclusives. PS4 had the exclusives, no denying that. But pretty much everything else was equal or leaned xbox. 

 

I didnt think PS5 was crossplay? You can play a game on playstaion against someone on nintendo? When did that change? 

I had no idea if this was a thing, but the google machine spit out this since I was curious. 

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-ps5-and-ps4-crossplay-games

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

 

There is more to a console than just exclusives. PS4 had the exclusives, no denying that. But pretty much everything else was equal or leaned xbox. 

 

I didnt think PS5 was crossplay? You can play a game on playstaion against someone on nintendo? When did that change? 

Exclusives are pretty important, at least to me. I'm buying the console to play video games. All consoles have third party games (Madden, 2K, Call of Duty, etc), but the exclusive games are pretty huge since those are games.

Yes, PS4 and PS5 has cross play in all the same games. Smite, Fortnite, Apex, etc.

Like for example:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Norm said:

I totally forgot about the HDMI pass through, IDK how much of a plus that is, but it was neat. Them getting the android thing working was cool as hell too, I believe they did that before Sony but I'm not positive either. PS4 pretty clearly won that one but yeah, they did some good stuff. They're still headed in the right direction.

The Xbox/Android thing is well beyond what what Sony is doing - as far as I know. They have/are releasing a Google Stadia/Amazon type experience for most (all?) xbox games. Due to covid, I havent needed to really test it much, but I am pretty sure I can run any xbox 1 game I own on my PC or Phone, anywhere in the world. 

They are about to add this ability directly to TVs as well. You wont even have to buy an xbox to play new top tier games. Just a TV and a controller. 

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

As far as Series X goes, I'm pretty positive the console will introduce some quality exclusives over the next 3-5 years and beyond. However, that's why I haven't bought one yet. it'll be worth buying in the future, but not now, imo.

Doesnt the most anticipated next gen game on either console come out next year for XB? I dont think its 3-5 years. Its probably more like 18 months. 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I had no idea if this was a thing, but the google machine spit out this since I was curious. 

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-ps5-and-ps4-crossplay-games

Nice. I know Sony was fighting it for a long time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Exclusives are pretty important, at least to me. I'm buying the console to play video games. All consoles have third party games (Madden, 2K, Call of Duty, etc), but the exclusive games are pretty huge since those are games.

Yes, PS4 and PS5 has cross play in all the same games. Smite, Fortnite, Apex, etc.

Like for example:

 

I dont think its "all" and that post is just a couple weeks old, so its definitely new. But good on Sony for breaking and doing the right thing for their consumers. It was a dumb choice to be a pain in the arse about it to begin with. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The Xbox/Android thing is well beyond what what Sony is doing - as far as I know. They have/are releasing a Google Stadia/Amazon type experience for most (all?) xbox games. Due to covid, I havent needed to really test it much, but I am pretty sure I can run any xbox 1 game I own on my PC or Phone, anywhere in the world. 

They are about to add this ability directly to TVs as well. You wont even have to buy an xbox to play new top tier games. Just a TV and a controller. 

They're doing something where it's pure cloud and you won't need a console?? I hadn't heard that. I bought a stadia after watching a video that made it look like the most unplayable thing ever, and it's surprisingly decent. I like the controller too. As far as the Xbox share stuff I've used it on my phone a bunch of times, but on my own WiFi. It's pretty legit. I've seen people do the remote play but my upload speed is trash here so I'd never bother. 

Every game I've tried has worked too iirc, except stuff that is 360/og Xbox. That's how I remember it anyways

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Norm said:

They're doing something where it's pure cloud and you won't need a console?? I hadn't heard that. I bought a stadia after watching a video that made it look like the most unplayable thing ever, and it's surprisingly decent. I like the controller too. As far as the Xbox share stuff I've used it on my phone a bunch of times, but on my own WiFi. It's pretty legit. I've seen people do the remote play but my upload speed is trash here so I'd never bother. 

Every game I've tried has worked too iirc, except stuff that is 360/og Xbox. That's how I remember it anyways

Yeah. Its kinda already out, though I am pretty sure its not "done" yet. It was supposed to be a keystone of the Xbox One lifecycle (another innovation, @showtime) but its just now hitting the big leagues. Ive done it on 5g with my Galaxy phones, but again, due to covid, it really hasnt been a need. 

A quick google search shows that hundreds games can do it currently. But I think the plan is for it to expand to most/all games. 

Quote

That’s mostly digital downloads, but last year streaming was added with Microsoft publicly releasing Xbox Cloud Gaming. The feature is sort of like a “Netflix for games,” allowing gamers to play games that are hosted on remote servers and then streamed to users over the internet.

A number of other companies have launched similar game-streaming services, including Google with Stadia and Amazon with Luna.

Now, Microsoft is aiming to push its cloud gaming product to other platforms. It started rolling out Xbox Cloud Gaming to some users via a web browser on iPhones, iPads and PCs in April (Microsoft couldn’t launch a proper mobile app for cloud gaming on Apple devices due to a dispute over App Store policies). And on Thursday, the company announced it wants to expand the service to TVs as well.

One way it plans to do that is by partnering with manufacturers to add cloud gaming to smart TVs. But Microsoft is also developing streaming devices which users can plug into their TV or computer monitor to stream games from the cloud. The company didn’t elaborate on what those devices could look like, though it’s reminiscent of Amazon’s Fire TV and Google’s Chromecast dongles, both of which now support cloud gaming.

Quote

We are creating a future that combines the gaming heritage of Xbox and the power of Azure. A future where we bring high fidelity, immersive games to the 3 billion players around the world. Now we’re taking a big step forward to reaching that vision: Starting today, Xbox Cloud Gaming is available to all Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members with Windows 10 PCs and Apple phones and tablets, via browser, across 22 countries. If you’re a member or want to become a member, simply go to xbox.com/play on Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Safari on your PC or mobile device to start playing hundreds of games from the Xbox Game Pass library.

With billions of active Windows 10 PCs, iOS devices and Android phones, we want you to have new opportunities to play the deepest, most immersive games whenever and wherever you choose. Simply put, we’re bringing the Xbox experience directly to the devices you use most.

We’re also making significant improvements to the overall experience: Xbox Cloud Gaming is now powered by custom Xbox Series X hardware. We’ve been upgrading Microsoft datacenters around the globe with the fastest, most powerful Xbox hardware to give you faster load times, improved frame rates, and an experience of a new generation of gaming. To ensure the lowest latency, highest quality experience across the broadest set of devices, we will be streaming at 1080p and up to 60fps. Going forward we’ll continue to innovate and add more features to enhance your cloud gaming experience.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont think its "all" and that post is just a couple weeks old, so its definitely new. But good on Sony for breaking and doing the right thing for their consumers. It was a dumb choice to be a pain in the arse about it to begin with. 

That's the newest game that has allowed cross play for all. Cross play with a game like Fortnite has been on PS4 since 2018.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Doesnt the most anticipated next gen game on either console come out next year for XB? I dont think its 3-5 years. Its probably more like 18 months. 

 

What game is that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...