MKnight82's Top 50 Video Games of All Time - Full List Up

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

This makes me want to do a list myself. But there is no way I could do more than like a top 20, and I haven't played a lot of classics to it will get nice and flamed

Good. Goooooooooood. Do it. 

I might sporadically work on mine too, but like I said, I think I'm more interested in trying to compile a "most played" series. 

13 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah you def. like a lot of games Ive never played but that gives me even more ideas of new stuff to try. I dont think you listed a single game that I would have in my top 5-10 lol

Now I wanna see your list. 

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Now I wanna see your list. 

My list is based a ton on nostalgia and hours Ive put in to certain games. I 100% understand a lot of people would have some of these games nowhere close to their top. These are just my personal favorite games Ive ever played.

1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time

2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

3. Mario 64

4. Socom 2

5. Madden 2005

6. GTA: Vice City

7. InFAMOUS  

8. Kingdom Hearts

9. Bioshock

10: Horizon Zero Dawn

HM:  SSX Tricky/Tony Hawk Pro Skater/Super Smash Bros.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Great game.

One of my 10 most played ever probably.

3. Mario 64

Great game. 

4. Socom 2

It was fine. Maybe ahead of it's time. 

5. Madden 2005

04-06 are interchangeable and the best era. 

Great game. 

7. InFAMOUS  

Never played it.

8. Kingdom Hearts

I liked it fine. 

9. Bioshock

A good game, but I never understood the love. 

Great game, can't wait for the sequel. 

HM:  SSX Tricky/Tony Hawk Pro Skater/Super Smash Bros.

Great games. 

A handful of those make my most played ever - MW2, and Madden depending on how you wanna rank it. THPS2 is up there. 

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Great game.

One of my 10 most played ever probably.

Great game. 

It was fine. Maybe ahead of it's time. 

04-06 are interchangeable and the best era. 

Great game. 

Never played it.

I liked it fine. 

A good game, but I never understood the love. 

Great game, can't wait for the sequel. 

Great games. 

A handful of those make my most played ever - MW2, and Madden depending on how you wanna rank it. THPS2 is up there. 

Right on! Yeah I have a TON of hours invested into some of these like MW2 and Madden as well. I could have included 2k from the years 2005-2009. I have the most hrs. played in old multiplayer N64 games and online FPS games on newer consoles.

Socom II was the initial game that got me into FPS games. They did a lot of stuff that were ahead of its time like you said. The clan system actually mattered, logging onto GameBattles for clan wars, ect. Some of that stuff COD has never even attempted. Its like a massive gap in their games. I believe COD: Advanced Warfare attempted a clan war type of mobile app that you logged into a registered members but its just insane to me COD lacks any sort of 'team' or 'clan' based ranked play. That was the BEST part of Socom.

With InFamous, it had a major XBOX competitor at the time called Prototype if you remember. I loved it because it was the first game of its kind I played with a great story. Your basically a dark superhero and can scale up buildings and 'freerun' like the Spiderman games, but each mission you went on had a option. Do the right thing and become a Hero or do the wrong thing and become Infamous. Each decision you made in the game effected the rest of the story. It was seriously like 2 games in one depending if you wanted to be the good guy or the bad guy in each situation.

I believe we never got another one because the team who created Infamous went on to develop Ghost of Tsushima (sp) for 4 years that everybody loved.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah you def. like a lot of games Ive never played but that gives me even more ideas of new stuff to try. I dont think you listed a single game that I would have in my top 5-10 lol

Like what?  I love hearing what other games people like.

edit - I saw the list you posted but I’m confused cause a lot of them are on my list.

Edited by MKnight82

17 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I believe we never got another one because the team who created Infamous went on to develop Ghost of Tsushima (sp) for 4 years that everybody loved.

Wasn't there an inFamous 2, and inFamous: Second Son?  Sucker Punch didn't develop all of them?

7 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Wasn't there an inFamous 2, and inFamous: Second Son?  Sucker Punch didn't develop all of them?

They did yes. Fans of InFamous (like myself) were clamoring for the next installment after Second Son which was released as a PS4 launch title. Sort of expected the next game in the series to come out 3-5 years after Second Son.

Problem with that is I read articles basically saying another one isnt coming because Sucker Punch instead of carrying on with Infamous, was turning their attention to developing a new game: Ghosts of Tsushima.

So Infamous died so that Ghosts of Tsushima could live. ☹️

Edited by AkronsWitness

58 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

They did yes. Fans of InFamous (like myself) were clamoring for the next installment after Second Son which was released as a PS4 launch title. Sort of expected the next game in the series to come out 3-5 years after Second Son.

Problem with that is I read articles basically saying another one isnt coming because Sucker Punch instead of carrying on with Infamous, was turning their attention to developing a new game: Ghosts of Tsushima.

So Infamous died so that Ghosts of Tsushima could live. ☹️

Oh, got ya.  I misunderstood what you were meaning.   

20 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its on my list, and 20 years ago it would have been my #1 but have you played it lately?  It doesn't hold up IMO.

Don't think I ever played it.  Other than Black Ops zombies (which is on my list) I never got into any of the COD games. 

3. Mario 64

On my list and like I said in the write up I think its the best game Nintendo ever made. 

4. Socom 2

Playstation exclusive so I never played it. 

Never played any GTA other than 3.  Wasn't into it and never tried any of the sequels. 

7. InFAMOUS

Never heard of it.  I assume its PS exclusive.

8. Kingdom Hearts

Never played it.

9. Bioshock

Its on my list but I don't think its a top 10 game. 

21 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Never played it.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Its on my list, and 20 years ago it would have been my #1 but have you played it lately?  It doesn't hold up IMO.

Don't think I ever played it.  Other than Black Ops zombies (which is on my list) I never got into any of the COD games. 

On my list and like I said in the write up I think its the best game Nintendo ever made. 

Playstation exclusive so I never played it. 

Never played any GTA other than 3.  Wasn't into it and never tried any of the sequels. 

Never heard of it.  I assume its PS exclusive.

Never played it.

Its on my list but I don't think its a top 10 game. 

Never played it.

Sounds like you need to get yourself a PS haha! Your missing out on some classics.

I also have a sweet spot for certain games early early in my life (mostly PC) but I have no idea how to rank them on a list with modern day games.

Stuff like Age of Empires, The Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Backyard Baseball, Links Golf, Tropico, Lego Island, Slime Soccer/Volleyball, anything made by Sid Meyer, ect, ect

I put hours upon hours into those games in the 90s/00s--probably more playing time than anything Ive played in the last decade but how do you compare those games to something like.....Red Dead Redemption

Edited by AkronsWitness