MKnight82's Top 50 Video Games of All Time - Full List Up

15 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm actually surprised you guys didn't have a stronger reactions to Witcher 3 being outside of the top 10.

Ive tried to play it multiple times and cant get past the first ~30 minutes. So it has no shock appeal to me. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Another hint.  These are the consoles I first played the top 10 on:

PC - 4 games - Diablo II, gotta probably be some older ones I just can't think of, maybe the Sims, Civ 4/5?, AOE

Xbox 360 - 2 games - GTA IV or V, Skyrim

PS1 - 1 game - Metal Gear Solid,

Gamecube - 1 game - Metroid Prime,

Xbox - 1 game - San Andreas, KOTOR

Xbox One - 1 game - RDR2 or maybe Fallout 4

41 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Wow. No Chrono Trigger. 

I struggled to go back and play this game as I got older. It wouldn't be in my Top 50 I think. Blasphemous probably, but hey, is what it is. 

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I struggled to go back and play this game as I got older. It wouldn't be in my Top 50 I think. Blasphemous probably, but hey, is what it is. 

I should have known you and @MKnight82 would have gotten the list wrong. Its clear by your fandom that your life choices are questionable. 

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I’ve never played probably 50% of the games you listed as gueses.

On 7/6/2021 at 3:14 PM, MKnight82 said:

#31 - Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

a1d83f750971da1fd19780cac11bb6bd.jpg 

Played On: NES, Switch

I have a weird history with this game. I played it as a kid, but found it frustrating and much preferred the original game over this one. Then about 10 years ago a buddy and I started replaying a lot of original NES games and found that this game was really ahead of its time and has great replay value now. You can now play it on the Switch's SNES emulator (which I think is free?) and it still holds up. Taking the super successful overhead isometric design of the original Zelda and flipping it on its head to a side scrolling action adventure was a really ballsy move when this came out. I know that a lot of people back in the day considered A Link to the Past the true Zelda 2, and just considered this some offshoot Zelda game. I want to say that the overworld RPG open world elements in this game were kind of groundbreaking, I know that Final Fantasy 1 on the NES had a similar system but I think Link came out before that. The sidescroller adventure game wasn't new but this game did it well, with plenty of different enemies and tight (but difficult) combat. If you've never played this game, or if you haven't played it in a long time its worth firing up and giving it a try for sure. 

This was actually the first Zelda game I owned.   I borrowed the first from my aunt and loved it.    I got this for my birthday and I actually liked it even from a young age.    I just remember needing someone help me beat the last dungeon.

I replayed it several years ago and it held up.   It gets alot of hate...which I never understood.    I get why fans of the original wanted something closer to the first game, but it was still really fun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive tried to play it multiple times and cant get past the first ~30 minutes. So it has no shock appeal to me. 

Yeah, Witcher 3 would be more likely for me to be on the worst 50 in my list. Not that it's actually bad, just don't care for it at all lol.