Patriots WR N’Keal Harry requests trade

RaidersAreOne

I actually like Harry coming out. Looked like a mix of a big Anquan and Alshon Jeffery to me at Arizona State. I don't watch the Patriots unless they are playing the 49ers or are the only team playing, but from what I've seen from clips on youtubelike the one below, it does seem like they are not utilizing his skill set correctly. I'd be intereseted to see what his average depth per target is in NE. Throwing him a bunch of underneath stuff/screens is not the best way to maximize his talents. Obviously he hasn't been as dynamic after the catch as he was in college to this point, but I would take a shot for a conditional 6th for sure. He's still a monster at contested catches from what I've seen and would be perfect for that 3rd down chain mover and redzone threat. I also think he has the ability to be like a guy like Alshon Jeffery where you send him down the field and just chuck it up and let him go get it. 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, that wasn't how that read ...but this makes more sense.

This being said, that's one WR out of 27 drafted WRs. I'll give him additional credit for Julian Edelman, Deion Branch as well and even add in the trades for Moss/Welker.

That's 30 total WRs - five that actually developed, including McCardell. That's what - hitting .167? Not exactly disproving that. Belly has a less than stellar track record at the position. (Not including other FA busts such as Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, Chris Hogan, etc - average goes down if you include them).

Perhaps it wasn't Belly's development - perhaps it was McCardell needing an opportunity.

Hogan was actually Ok for us too.  Not world beating but did well enough.  Though your point still stands, we've been straight *** developing wideouts.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GW21 said:

I actually like Harry coming out. Looked like a mix of a big Anquan and Alshon Jeffery to me at Arizona State. I don't watch the Patriots unless they are playing the 49ers or are the only team playing, but from what I've seen from clips on youtubelike the one below, it does seem like they are not utilizing his skill set correctly. I'd be intereseted to see what his average depth per target is in NE. Throwing him a bunch of underneath stuff/screens is not the best way to maximize his talents. Obviously he hasn't been as dynamic after the catch as he was in college to this point, but I would take a shot for a conditional 6th for sure. He's still a monster at contested catches from what I've seen and would be perfect for that 3rd down chain mover and redzone threat. I also think he has the ability to be like a guy like Alshon Jeffery where you send him down the field and just chuck it up and let him go get it. 

Outside the size, I don't agree with the Alshon comp at all.  Alshon is a good route runner. I can't say the same for Harry.

Not that I'd accuse any team of being petty, but if Harry was (or is) on the edge of being cut, would the fact that his agent asked for a trade lead the Pats to think "Well we were just gonna cut him, but since he's asked for a trade, we'll just hang on to him and see if someone bites?"

Like I say I wouldn't imagine they would, and if they don't feel he's worth a roster spot, they'll move on, but it's an interesting theory. (Especially in the offseason with no football to watch 🙂)

25 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

Not that I'd accuse any team of being petty, but if Harry was (or is) on the edge of being cut, would the fact that his agent asked for a trade lead the Pats to think "Well we were just gonna cut him, but since he's asked for a trade, we'll just hang on to him and see if someone bites?"

Like I say I wouldn't imagine they would, and if they don't feel he's worth a roster spot, they'll move on, but it's an interesting theory. (Especially in the offseason with no football to watch 🙂)

Honestly, I don’t see the Pats cutting him before camp. See if he shows anything in camp before dumping him. 

1 hour ago, PFM18 said:

He's a camp body who knows the system. That is pretty valuable to have during TC. He was probably going to be cut in the second round of cuts to give him a shot at latching on elsewhere. Probably still the plan if no one trades for him by then. 

52 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

He is not in the roster plans most likely. Patriots need speed and he doesn't have it. He is a major bust. Thank god Caserio is gone

**Breaking News**

Texans send culture-killer Zach Cunningham and conditional 6th (can be as high as a 2nd if certain conditions-- maxed out at 40+ receptions, 4 TD--are met) for vertical threat TE N'Keal Harry.

I can't believe the mainstream media isn't reporting on this, trying to bury the story smh.

Spoiler

@et80

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

**Breaking News**

Texans send culture-killer Zach Cunningham and conditional 6th (can be as high as a 2nd if certain conditions-- maxed out at 40+ receptions, 4 TD--are met) for vertical threat TE N'Keal Harry.

I can't believe the mainstream media isn't reporting on this, trying to bury the story smh.

I trust Caserio to get it done^^

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I trust Caserio to get it done^^

Caserio knows what the Patriots are foolishly about to give away for (let's be real about Zach Cunningham and a conditional 2nd; it's more a salary dump, a la Brock Osweiler, than anything) pennies. 

Those pennies are about to be catching dimes from rookie phenom Davis Webb.

• Like 1