Big Brother 23

Malfatron

6 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It's blatantly obvious. I'm watching it for entertainment value but it's been a very bad season for a lot of reasons. 

I've heard the phrase "that was the plan coming into the house" from multiple different people, and this is stuff that made it through their editing, I can only imagine what you hear on the live feeds in terms of how it's being staged.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

I've heard the phrase "that was the plan coming into the house" from multiple different people, and this is stuff that made it through their editing, I can only imagine what you hear on the live feeds in terms of how it's being staged.

I just want to get it over w/ and maybe next year we can get the integrity back in this game. Them doing this definitely shows just how easily manipulated it can be by the higher ups.

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I just want to get it over w/ and maybe next year we can get the integrity back in this game. Them doing this definitely shows just how easily manipulated it can be by the higher ups.

I mean, I always knew they'd manipulate it to keep popular characters around, but this season is basically scripted.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 2:11 PM, THE DUKE said:

I mean, I always knew they'd manipulate it to keep popular characters around, but this season is basically scripted.

I'm so annoyed at myself!! I TOTALLY forgot about this section of FF and have been watching BB23 with NO ONE to discuss with! grrrrr...  So do you really think that this is scripted? They just evicted one of the most popular players out!?? (my favorite! and honestly, not sure if I can really watch more of the season) BUT... curious as to what they could manipulate?

15 hours ago, K9 said:

I'm so annoyed at myself!! I TOTALLY forgot about this section of FF and have been watching BB23 with NO ONE to discuss with! grrrrr...  So do you really think that this is scripted? They just evicted one of the most popular players out!?? (my favorite! and honestly, not sure if I can really watch more of the season) BUT... curious as to what they could manipulate?

I dont agree with what was stated above. Are productions fingerprints on this season? Sure, but thats the case every year if youre really paying attention. I think we just finally have a few smart people in the house with the same ultimate objective. and its just something were not used to seeing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont agree with what was stated above. Are productions fingerprints on this season? Sure, but thats the case every year if youre really paying attention. I think we just finally have a few smart people in the house with the same ultimate objective. and its just something were not used to seeing

I was wondering, like how could they manipulate things? They have a LiveFeed of all of the rooms: different discussions, game planning and scheming. It seemed odd to me as well. That said, I haven't watched BB since Janelle and Kaysar were on the show, so it's been awhile. Things change? HA!  Also, I find myself still checking the Twitter updates, so I guess I can't say I'm completely out yet 😄

36 minutes ago, K9 said:

I was wondering, like how could they manipulate things? They have a LiveFeed of all of the rooms: different discussions, game planning and scheming. It seemed odd to me as well. That said, I haven't watched BB since Janelle and Kaysar were on the show, so it's been awhile. Things change? HA!  Also, I find myself still checking the Twitter updates, so I guess I can't say I'm completely out yet 😄

It’s mostly just conspiracy theories, but some feel that they choose the events to better suit who they want to win, and others believe that they give leading questions/prompts in the DR sessions (which I could see, but even then, the players still have to be smart enough to pick up on them). 

The “plan coming into the house” thing just has to do with a black player winning, hence The Cookout. But that has been said in many of the previous seasons, it’s just this time the ones saying it were actually smart and competitive players AND they finally had the numbers to do it. Feels like a major reach calling it scripted

• Like 1

Someone on Reddit said this and honestly, I think they got it pretty spot on:

It boils down to the fault of the Producers & Casting in my opinion. Manipulative as all hell.

First off, these large alliances have to stop. White, black, green, purple, translucent, it doesn’t matter. It’s boring as **** to watch some lay abouts barely awake knowing their safe for weeks. It’s incredibly stupid to watch steamrolling all the time.

Not only are the players under high levels of stress planning, playing, strategizing, poker facing almost of the time, not including floaters really, but some in this season are stuck behind a wall of being labeled racist if they even remotely bring up the fact that they recognize the CookOut. This is bull**** and an unfair disadvantage that I’m sure they must have felt while in the house. At least the non-vapid players, which lets be honest is almost all of them, and is a character trait casting zero’s in on.

There are members of the CookOut that have real genuine feelings of friendship, companionship, and solid connections with non-cookout members that they’ll have to turn on later, even though it wouldn’t happen the other way around. That sucks and extremely disappointing.

Of all the seasons that came before, I don’t remember one time where a group of white people deciding to form up against the non-whites or the gays or the handicap. And, I know, there hasn’t been nearly enough of diversity in past seasons, that falls on Grodner & casting. But again, I have never seen 2-3 people in a corner talking about “let’s get those “other” people.”

All of this falls on Grodner, Casting, and CBS. Make it fair for everyone, regardless of race, creed, gender, sexuality.

Not to mention there are members of the cookout that appear to flat out dislike each other, and yet there isn't even the thought on turning on anyone, even though they know they will be in trouble if it does get down to the six.  Big D hates Tiffany.  Azah can't stand Kyland, and neither can Tiffany really. Most of them except Tiffany don't really like Hannah.  I think Xavier has done a pretty good job not pissing people in the CO off, but that's about it. 

What really grates me is, that there are some good players in the CO, that certainly appear to be directed into one direction instead of playing their own game.  I think Tiffany would be far more effective outside of the CO, whereas inside it, I think she has almost no chance of winning.  Xavier could have been great as a stalking horse/quasi floater ready to turn on one alliance into another when it suited his game.  Azah is one of the nicest players the game has had in years, but can't really play that as her game.  Hannah is smart as hell, and can easily see it wouldn't benefit her to let Xavier and Kyland get into the top 5-6.  Big D could have played a serious social game, instead of pretty much just being a vote.  I kind of think Kyland would have been in trouble regardless because he comes off as condescending to almost anyone he talks to any time he has a little bit of control.

This could have been a great season, but it's just not because it's been boring as hell with what appears to be a pre-arranged forced alliance.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Not to mention there are members of the cookout that appear to flat out dislike each other, and yet there isn't even the thought on turning on anyone, even though they know they will be in trouble if it does get down to the six.  Big D hates Tiffany.  Azah can't stand Kyland, and neither can Tiffany really. Most of them except Tiffany don't really like Hannah.  I think Xavier has done a pretty good job not pissing people in the CO off, but that's about it. 

What really grates me is, that there are some good players in the CO, that certainly appear to be directed into one direction instead of playing their own game.  I think Tiffany would be far more effective outside of the CO, whereas inside it, I think she has almost no chance of winning.  Xavier could have been great as a stalking horse/quasi floater ready to turn on one alliance into another when it suited his game.  Azah is one of the nicest players the game has had in years, but can't really play that as her game.  Hannah is smart as hell, and can easily see it wouldn't benefit her to let Xavier and Kyland get into the top 5-6.  Big D could have played a serious social game, instead of pretty much just being a vote.  I kind of think Kyland would have been in trouble regardless because he comes off as condescending to almost anyone he talks to any time he has a little bit of control.

This could have been a great season, but it's just not because it's been boring as hell with what appears to be a pre-arranged forced alliance.

This is precisely correct.

IMO, X might be an all-time player. His social game is fantastic and he's a physical threat as well. One of my favorite BB cast members. He's also entertaining. Aside from him and Deref, the CO is so utterly boring and in Tiffany's case, annoying. Honestly, none of them are really even good players aside from X and maybe Ky but I think he's doing well b/c majority of the cast is that bad.

But yeah, as you and the person I quoted from Reddit said, this was all planned and I felt it was clear as day! I remember looking at the casting photos and reading bios and the first thing I said to my wife was "Well, CBS is really trying to push something forward this year". They're getting their wish and a lot of people are claiming it's one of the bottom 5 in the show's history. I haven't watched that long but it's easily the worst I've seen. Hopefully now that CBS will get their wish and when they see people hated this season, they'll insert the integrity back into the game.

On 8/30/2021 at 2:45 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

They're getting their wish and a lot of people are claiming it's one of the bottom 5 in the show's history. I haven't watched that long but it's easily the worst I've seen. Hopefully now that CBS will get their wish and when they see people hated this season, they'll insert the integrity back into the game.

1,9,15 and 21 are definitely worse then this season. There are arguments to be made whether it’s worse then some others.

I really like Tiffany and feel if she was a little more self interested she could have run this game from the moment she turned the house on Frenchie (he didn’t do himself any favors). She was involved in almost every alliance in the house after the Slaughterhouse fell apart. Her original idea was to have Claire and SB go out 1-2 at the start of jury and managed to get Britini (Azah’s partner) and DX (Hannah’s partner) out before Claire and (Claire secret HOH) after this week Claire is in the final 8.

Outside of Claire (whom I’m really perturbed with how dumb she is)  I don’t like any of the remaining non CO members so I’m really hoping for Tiffany or Big D to win but I think X is going to run away with this season. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

1,9,15 and 21 are definitely worse then this season. There are arguments to be made whether it’s worse then some others.

I really like Tiffany and feel if she was a little more self interested she could have run this game from the moment she turned the house on Frenchie (he didn’t do himself any favors). She was involved in almost every alliance in the house after the Slaughterhouse fell apart. Her original idea was to have Claire and SB go out 1-2 at the start of jury and managed to get Britini (Azah’s partner) and DX (Hannah’s partner) out before Claire and (Claire secret HOH) after this week Claire is in the final 8.

Outside of Claire (whom I’m really perturbed with how dumb she is)  I don’t like any of the remaining non CO members so I’m really hoping for Tiffany or Big D to win but I think X is going to run away with this season. 

You can't like any remaining members b/c there are none lol.

At least 21 had some back and forth and people went at each other. This season has been so namby-pamby and dreadfully boring. It feels like everyone is walking on eggshells around each other except Tiff and I just think she's bossy and annoying. Plus I've seen some excerpts from feeds and it seems like she's just a trashy human being but that's a different story. Basically Deref and I share the same feelings about her and he's the only one who's really challenged anyone.

I've seen some say this season has gone along the straightest line they've ever seen. No ripples, no waves, nothing.... and I agree based on the seasons I have seen. Production clearly wanted to do something and they casted accordingly. They are great at doing their job I guess b/c everything is happening as I'm sure they've planned. Maybe the last few weeks will be good when the CO is going after each other since the rest of the house was scared to. X is far and away the best player of this season. I would love to see him on a season where they actually didn't cast to get the final result they wanted and it was standard, not scripted BS like we're seeing here. As I said before, I just want the integrity back in this game b/c it's clear that when it's stripped, the product sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad we at least get 3 weeks of Big Brother instead of this chicken **** game that was played at first. Lol @ none of these people are even upset about being screwed over. CBS casted this too perfectly to achieve their agenda. The last few episodes have been solid at least. X is easily an all time player. Would love to see him in a real season.

Hopefully we get a real season next year but too many people are whining about sexism and mysogyny now so next season will be probably nothing more than minority women and if they're white, they're going to either be a) gay b) trans and/or c) disabled so we can check off those boxes also. Wonder if they're ever going to be accused of being agephobism so we get a season of nothing but senior citizens where the youngest cast member is 45. 

Maybe we'll get a real season of this show by 2029 lol.