Week 8: Miami Dolphins (4-2) @ Baltimore Ravens (3-4) on Thursday night!

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ BAL  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Baltimore Ravens
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• Less than 3 point difference
    • 3-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or more point difference
  3. 3. Most fantasy points this game?

• Matt Moore
    • Joe Flacco
    • Jay Ajayi
    • Damien Williams
    • Alex Collins
    • Terrance West
    • Javorious Allen
    • Jarvis Landry
    • DeVante Parker
    • Kenny Stills
    • Breshad Perriman
    • Mike Wallace
    • Michael Campanaro
    • Julius Thomas
    • Ben Watson
    • Cody Parkey
    • Justin Tucker
    • Dolphins DST
    • Ravens DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

dm_141203_nfl_Predict_BALMIA.jpg

A short week and two struggling offenses should make for a defensive slugfest. The Dolphins will be without Jay Cutler, and turn to Matt Moore, who went 2-1 as a starter last season, to defeat the Ravens.

The Ravens meanwhile have huge offensive line woes, ineffective receivers, and a declining Joe Flacco.

As I said, I think this will turn out to be a defensive war, but one we can win. Give me:

Miami 14
Baltimore 13

As always, GO DOLPHINS!

The defense slugfest has to wait, as the Ravens have been pretty careless when it comes to tackling runningbacks - or cover tight ends. We do a pretty good job at covering on the outside though, where Brandon Carr has been a nice, quiet off season addition, and Jimmy Smith and Marlon Humphrey has played well on the other side.

The exploitation of your linebackers like last year is not something which will happen.

14 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Miami just flat struggles against Baltimore and I expect no difference this time.

Haven't won up there since the early 2000s.. but this is probably the worst Ravens team we've seen since then.

FWIW Baltimore is favored by -3.

We always have a tough time with Baltimore, but despite that fact, I'm predicting a Dolphins victory.  I expect Ajayi to break a couple of tough runs in the first half and put us ahead early.  Afterwards I expect to see our defensive front pin their ears back and cause some havoc in the backfield.  I'll be watching for the Matt Moore outside the pocket rollouts off the play action to pick up chunk yards in the second half.

Dolphins 24

Ravens 20

Fins up!!!!

1 hour ago, Swampbilly said:

We always have a tough time with Baltimore, but despite that fact, I'm predicting a Dolphins victory.  I expect Ajayi to break a couple of tough runs in the first half and put us ahead early.  Afterwards I expect to see our defensive front pin their ears back and cause some havoc in the backfield.  I'll be watching for the Matt Moore outside the pocket rollouts off the play action to pick up chunk yards in the second half.

Dolphins 24

Ravens 20

Fins up!!!!

You're giving us too much credit. 

11 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Wow O-Line play is horrible as usual and I am starting to think that an offensive coordinator may be a good thing also.

Moving Tunsil to OG last year seems like it hindered his development. He looks top-heavy, slow to react. He has NOT lived up to his draft status / hype this season.

Being on a 3rd OL coach over 23 games can do that to a position group. Gase needs to make finding a quality OL coach who will be in Miami for a few seasons the top priority this offseason. There is / will be too much invested in that OL for it to continuously be putting out such bad game tape.

Kiko hit was NOT dirty. Borderline bang-bang play.

Suh, however, toed the line and then stuck half his foot across.

Hayes going for the eyes of an OL deserves a suspension.

So about Tannehill.. same top 3 WRs, same RBs, 4/5 same OL, same offensive assistants outside of OL... and a massive difference in offensive production between 2016 and 2017. Hmm... after watching Cutler's happy feet and inaccuracies, Moore feeling ghosts in the pocket and throwing simply bad balls, maybe some of us can be a little more thankful for Mr. Tannehill.

Archived