What are the top 5 most important plays in your franchises history?

CP3MVP

34 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Idk about order, but:

• Ray Lewis
  • Joe Flacco
  • Lamar Jackson
  • Terrell Suggs
  • Jonathan Ogden

I feel like the main 3 are Ray, Flacco and Lamar. Once you get past those guys and maybe JO, it's a big cluster of about 10 guys who all have good arguments.

Topic issue aside, no Reed?

Since ‘05 for Vikings:

1. Favre’s 4Q INT vs Saints in 09 NFC championship

2. Favre to Greg Lewis on a winning Hail Mary vs 49ers in ‘09 (catapulted that season)

3. Stefan Diggs Sideline TD vs Saints in ‘17(?) Divisional

4. Practice play where Teddy blew his knee

5. Blair Walsh’s missed kick vs the Seahawks in the Divisional in ‘15(?)

1. Marlin Jackson GW pick against Brady to send the Colts to SB. Manning and Colts finally beat the Brady/Belichick lead team when it matters. #RealSB 😂 

2. Reggie Wayne game tying 50 yard TD after the hester KR TD. Set the tone the rest of the game.

3. Late in the 4th quarter of the 2009 AFCCG Freeney tears a ligament in his ankle trying not to hit Sanchez. He would play in the SB but was severely limited in the 2nd half. 

4. SB Onside kick I know it was Initiated by the Saints but that play will always the be ingrained into Colts history as well.

5. 4th and 2 play. It may have just been a regular season but it was so memorable and exciting game. The crazy reactions postgame was also fun. Epic comeback.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

The Tuck Rule

Malcolm Butler interception

Edelman circus catch in SB51

Both of Vinatieri's GW FGs in SB36 and 38.

Mo Lewis nearly kills Bledsoe

As great as that play was, I don't think it was especially important in the context of that game. It was a 1st and 10 play, and while it gained 23 yards, the only thing that would've happened if it fell incomplete was it would've been 2nd and 10. The Dont'a Hightower strip sack, Trey Flowers' sack of Ryan that knocked the Falcons out of FG range, and the 4th & 3 conversion to Amendola on the Pats' first TD drive were all much bigger plays. 

this def leans more towards modern times but

1. Ben to Holmes SB43

2. immaculate reception(would be number 1, but that did not lead to a SB)

3. Ben with the tackle against indy to save us from bettis fumble

4. Troy pick 6 to send us to the SB in the 08 AFC title game

5.  Harrison pick 6 in SB43

Edited by August4th

7 hours ago, Starless said:

As great as that play was, I don't think it was especially important in the context of that game. It was a 1st and 10 play, and while it gained 23 yards, the only thing that would've happened if it fell incomplete was it would've been 2nd and 10. The Dont'a Hightower strip sack, Trey Flowers' sack of Ryan that knocked the Falcons out of FG range, and the 4th & 3 conversion to Amendola on the Pats' first TD drive were all much bigger plays. 

Or Ty Law's INT off of Warner. Thatvwas the play where everyone started to think they seriojsly might win this.

My list

1. Philly Special SBLII

2. Zach Ertz TD SBLII

3. Brandon Graham strip FB SBLII

4. Chuck Bednarik hit on Frank Gifford

5. Miracle at the Meadowlands II

5. Miracle at the Meadowlands 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2019/10/5/20894841/eagles-history-greatest-plays-philadelphia-nick-foles-philly-special-super-bowl-brandon-graham

Hmmm...don't know about importance, but iconic I'd say

1. The Catch

2. John Taylor's catch in Super Bowl 23

3. Steve Young's run against the Vikings in 1988

4. Terrell Owens catch in the 1998 NFC Wild Card game

5. Vernon Davis' catch in the 2011 NFC Divisional game 

Probably a big one I'm forgetting. 

Rams

1 Mike Jones tackle at the 1yd line against the Titans that sealed the Rams Superbowl win in the 1999-2000 season.

2 Greg Zuerlein kick in OT to beat the Saints to send the Rams to the Superbowl in the 2018-2019 season.

3 Greg Zuerlein kick in regulation against the Saints to send the game into OT in the NFCCG in the 2018-2019 season.

4 John Johnson III interception in OT again the Saints in the NFCCG in the 2018-2019 season.

5 Kurt Warner to Ricky Proehl td connection in a defensive struggle against the Bucs in the NFCCG in the 1999-2000 season that help make the difference in the Rams winning that game and going to the Superbowl. 

HM:

Jared Goff escaping a potential sack by Cam Jordan in OT to hit Higbee for a big gain that help set up Zeurlein for the game-winning kick. 

Jared Goff hitting Everett for a big gain on the Rams last drive in the 4th that help set up Zuerlein for the game-tying kick that sent the game into OT.

Edited by stl4life07

1. Mike Jones one yard tackle of Kevin Dyson in Super Bowl 34-Kevin Dyson slips that tackle, we’re most likely heading to OT. It goes to OT and who knows how things play out. Honorable mention to that Steve McNair escaped sack on the prior play.

2. Music City Miracle-Could easily be the number one play. Iconic play that set in motion our first and only Super Bowl appearance 

3. Ray Lewis Pick Six in 2000 Divisional round-Feel this was our best team in franchise history. Such a huge play that halted back to back SB appearances.

4. Marcus Mariota TD pass to himself vs KC in 2017 playoffs-This play set in motion the comeback victory in this game. After a decade plus of no postseason success, this victory was huge for the franchise.

5. Derrick Henry 99 yard TD run vs the Jags- Yeah, I know this is a regular season play. However look at Derrick Henry’s career before and after this run. I feel this run unleashed the (potential) HOF talent within him.  And we all know how vital Henry’s been to our success the past couple of seasons.