Week 8 GDT: Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins

DaBoys

the-redskins-look-good-this-year.jpgRedskinsCowboys-727x485.jpgwashington-cowboys-fantasyfootball-previe0e25922dc35c5508c9a3508160b2f01.jpg

Alright! Fresh off slapping 40 on the 9ers(get it?) We head to Washington to face the Redskins. Talking heads are saying the Redskins look good this year.  They are about to play MNF in an hour or so against the Eagles.  I will tune in to see whats going on with them.  

Zeke WILL play this game and I hope we continue to feed him. Last Sunday against the 49ers, our 1st play was a 5 yard gain by Zeke. We then threw 2 incompletions to go 3 and out. Not many remember that start. After that It seemed Linehan made it a point to feed Zeke and it worked. Again. 

If we run I like our chances. Remember this is only our 2nd divisional game.  Despite our slow start we have a chance to remain undefeated in the East this week. Which is huge. 

It will be close. Just like most Cowboys/Skins game.

I can't doubt the Boys after seeing them dismantle another NFL team like they just did. Dak puts up another 30 and Cousins comes close. I see something like 38-34 Cowboys.

Should be a pretty good game. Skins run D is really good, thanks in part to former Cowboy Terrell McClain. Kerrigan/Smith form a solid rush duo. Will be interesting to see if Josh Norman returns for this game (he is out vs. Philly tonight).

Hope to see Dallas build on last week's game. 

question, is maybe the problem that Taco is having (getting on the field etc.) because he is more a LDE and our best defender is also a LDE? (Lawrence) Where would Watt have played if we would have drafted Watt instead? Damn if only our first rd pick contributed more for us.

As far as our game goes. WE GOT THIS! Dallas gets on a roll and wins 28 - 17. Miss FG with Bailey out though. D Lawrence adds two more to his sack total.

Well after last night, Washington's O line looks like swiss cheese. There secondary is still banged up and We got a chance to rest some of our starters in the 4th quarter. Add to it, Washington is coming off a short week and it looks good for us, even in a road game.

I do have to give props where they are due, The Iggles are looking an awful lot like us last year. Going on a multiple game roll and looking sharp doing it. Even thought he officials are screwing them.

Good teams can overcome injuries, penalties and let down or trap games. They have done all of those things. Our only saving grace is that we face them twice and are 2 games back.

Right now playing for Wild Card seems to be our best bet. Keep in mind though they just lost their best O lineman and best LB, possibly for the season. But injuries to their players have not been a problem so far this year and Wentz just looks ridiculous.

I wonder how Cleveland is feeling right about now?

This could be something of a scheduling win for us, with Washington coming off a short week in which they sustained OL injuries.

Still, can’t underestimate that pass rush or passing game. Our defense has been pretty lenient towards tight ends and pass catching running backs, although having Lee helps, but Thompson and Reed can pose problems for sure

Coaches keys to the game -

Contain the deep pass. Their two to three deep shots a game are highly effecient and can kill a subpar D.

Work the middle of the field with the short pass game. Redskin D misses tackles and struggles to cover short middle and flat options. Take advantage.

Move Dez often. Dont let Norman settle into a groove on him or the offense will stall on third down.

Archived