2021 Olympic Basketball: USA v France for Gold (Friday 10:30 est)

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think if there were a candidate to eventually surpass KD for most points in team USA history.... its him.

Coming into this game he was 2nd to KD in scoring and he's also 2nd to KD in scoring this game.

Depends how many Olympics he plays. KD played three and was the leading scorer averaging around 19 in all of them. Will be hard for Tatum to surpass KD. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm talking about being the catalyst going forward. Tatum will be one of them for sure. 

Sure but my point is that with those 3 they won't need to rely on so many isos. Lillard can't seem to press a PnR at all so the offense stalls out a bunch

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Depends how many Olympics he plays. KD played three and was the leading scorer averaging around 19 in all of them. Will be hard for Tatum to surpass KD. 

Oh no doubt it will be difficult, but I just think if there was a candidate out of the young guys that he is probably the most likely.

Jayson Tatum was 15 when he made his first USA Basketball national team. It was 2013, when he got picked to play in the FIBA Americas U16 championships in Uruguay. And one of the biggest thrills from that experience was getting his jersey.

It bore No. 10.

Kobe Bryant's number. Tatum's favorite player's number.

Bryant wore No. 24 and No. 8 with the Los Angeles Lakers, but he donned No. 10 for USA Basketball when he helped the Americans capture gold medals at the 2008 and 2012 Olympics. Tatum has worn that number as part of U.S. teams several times since -- and will wear it at the Tokyo Olympics, where the Americans will aim to capture a fourth consecutive gold medal.

"With this being the first Olympics since we lost him, it holds that much more value," Tatum said. "It's not something I take lightly."

"With this being the first Olympics since we lost him, it holds that much more value. It's not something I take lightly."

4065648.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background=0xcccccc&transparent=false

Jayson Tatum, on wearing the No. 10 for Team USA

I think he's gonna play in as many Olympics as he can.

Obviously if KD plays in 2024 he can make it almost impossible for him.

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

Sure but my point is that with those 3 they won't need to rely on so many isos. Lillard can't seem to press a PnR at all so the offense stalls out a bunch

I mean you still need one of those dudes and have in every single Olympics, especially in tight games.

Booker/Trae/Zion/Tatum/Lavine/Bam are probably on the next squad, then possibly guys like Lamelo and Spida. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Oh no doubt it will be difficult, but I just think if there was a candidate out of the young guys that he is probably the most likely.

I think he's gonna play in as many Olympics as he can.

Obviously if KD plays in 2024 he can make it almost impossible for him.

I think KD is done. He will be 36 in 2024 and he's put in more than enough work. Time to let some of the youngsters get some shine. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean you still need one of those dudes and have in every single Olympics, especially in tight games.

Booker/Trae/Zion/Tatum/Lavine/Bam are probably on the next squad, then possibly guys like Lamelo and Spida. 

Seems like they'll need a big. Anthony Davis?