FA CB Richard Sherman booked for Burglary Domestic Violence

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I don’t care if he gets punished at all. I don’t even know what he allegedly did.  

Calling it prejudice is just childish. It was tongue in cheek because I flat out don’t believe the gang rejection story. It sounds like some stupid Disney ****. And he’s been getting a pass for being jerk his whole career because he went Stanford. 

Could you pm me the story? I've never heard of this and can't find it.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This really seems like Sherman needs help. I followed his career closely when he was in Seattle and this seems all sorts of out of character for a guy like him. I really hope he gets the help he needs and I really hope this was was a "rock bottom" one-time thing. But, there's never an excuse to drive drunk, especially when you're set for life money wise like he is.

Brandon Browner(8 Years in Prison), Earl Thomas(Went legit crazy and destroyed his family/career/legacy), now Sherman. Good % of the original LOB members are down kind of bad. Has to suck for Seahawks' fans to see such a dark cloud hanging over one of their club's greatest units.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah well sometimes that one mistake changes things forever for innocent people and their families. So just because Sherman in this case got lucky that didn’t happened doesn’t mean he shouldn’t  be judged for it.

Not say you can’t judge him but this innocent doesn’t all of a sudden make him a bad person.

39 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

So much judgement from the pure and holy...

I’m not pure nor holy, I’ve done a lot of dumb **** in my life.  

My opinion and it doesn’t mean much is that these guys feel invincible - laws/rules don’t apply to them, or so they think. When is the last time something like this happened and the said suspect was held to the same standard that you and I would be held to?

I show up to the airport with a gun - you know what happens to me? I go to jail and I stay in jail. I knock my wife out on an elevator and it’s one tape, what happens to me? I go to jail and I stay in jail. I drive drunk or fail a drug test, what happens to me? I lose my job and possibly end up in jail. 

I won’t deny that Sherman probably needs help - however, I’d be in jail for years if I did this. Make the crime fit the punishment that everyone else gets and maybe this behavior will change. 

and I won’t even touch the DUI/DWI thing. 

Edited by Scalamania

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Oh you know, the loved ones of victims who are reminded daily because DUI being in the news everyday. 

Didn’t know not being a drunk driver made me self righteous.

Didn’t know it put you in the position for judgement on someone being a good or bad person either. 

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Didn’t know it put you in the position for judgement on someone being a good or bad person either. 

In my opinion he is for this mistake. That doesn’t mean he always has been or always will be. But I don’t give a rats *** who you are, you don’t get a pass for this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

In my opinion he is for this mistake. That doesn’t mean he always has been or always will be. But I don’t give a rats *** who you are, you don’t get a pass for this. 

As long as it’s situational I can get behind your opinion. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GW21 said:

This is such a naive comment imo. I’m not trying to attack you personally by any means, and have no idea what your background is, but making a mistake does not make you a bad person. Based on Sherm’s past record this was an isolated event, and while I do recognize it only takes once to drastically change your life and potentially many others’ lives, I would reserve judgement until you or someone close to you goes through an experience like this: You’d be surprised what people are struggling with and how easy these types of situations are to get into. 

/rant

Side note: if you told me 10 years ago I’d be defending Sherm I’d call you crazy lol. I also hope you don’t take this as a personal attack towards you @RuskieTitan, I have had some experience with this though and I can tell you, from the people I know that have gone through situations like this (DUI), they are not bad people. I have no excuses for the actions, but I’d be cautious about judging a person’s character based on an incident like this.

I think a lot of people have probably driven at least once when they shouldn't have.

But on the other hand..

Drinking an entire bottle of liquor and driving is different than having four beers and driving.

46 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

What Sherman did driving drunk was a terrible decision. Among the other things he apparently did. Doesn’t make him a bad person. He isn’t a repeat offender here. He needs to get help. I hope he gets the help he needs. 

I'd say it's pretty unlikely that at 31 years old, it's the first time he's driven while intoxicated. More likely he just didn't crash into anything in his 20s and get caught.

7 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I'd say it's pretty unlikely that at 31 years old, it's the first time he's driven while intoxicated. More likely he just didn't crash into anything in his 20s and get caught.

While I agree that it’s likely, there is no proof so I will not place judgement on what ifs and possibilities.