FA CB Richard Sherman booked for Burglary Domestic Violence

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Keep it to Football...

Gotta think this will keep him off a team for the foreseeable future.

Eh. I don't know how big of a deal this is yet. There's a chance that this is a blip of nothing. He could have gotten into an argument with someone and refused to leave and this would have been the charge. There's a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide range of possibilities on this one. If it were something like that, I don't think that NFL teams would consider it a huge deal. He couldn't get a job as is, so it's not like this will help, but there's a non zero chance that this is really nothing major. 

• Like 3

So Kam Chancellor is the only one of the Legion of Boom with his head on straight.

That Super Bowl heated exchange between Browner and Sherman... one in prison for eight years and now Sherman has this. Competitive against each other in all areas I guess.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

So Kam Chancellor is the only one of the Legion of Boom with his head on straight.

That Super Bowl heated exchange between Browner and Sherman... one in prison for eight years and now Sherman has this. Competitive against each other in all areas I guess.

It just hit me that Earl Thomas went from elite to out of the league in an instant.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Why do you hate Walter Thurmond? 

• Like 1

This was definitely unexpected. 

Richard Sherman, even while not on a roster, has a level of celebrity and mainstream recognition for some of the things he's been outspoken about in the past. 

You would like to think that he'd be far more aware of his actions. Guess we gotta wait and see, but it's definitely really bad timing in regards to latching on somewhere for the preseason. 

According to ESPN, Sherman was attempting to enter the home of a family member when he was arrested. He never made it into the home, so it doesn’t sound like there was any kind of assault?

If so, this could end up being less of an issue for Sherman at least from a PR angle 

Nice to see the LOB having ruinion plans. If Browner can't come to them, they go to Browner. Such nice upstanding citizens.

Maybe the NFL could create a incarcerated team? Would give them something to live for and might also be a valid reason to stop giving athletes preferential treatment when it comes to convictions.

3 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Burglary Domestic Violence?? Is that one charge or two separate charges? 

Either way sounds pretty serious, now teams won't touch him. 

From what I'm reading, it could have simply meant that there was an argument, she locked him out, and he went in through a window.  Or, it could have been much worse than that.  Without more details, it's all speculation.

To keep this all in context with football talk, I think the details/severity matter because of how harsh the NFL will come down on him.  If he just hopped in through a window during an argument, it may only be a few games suspension.  If it was much worse, he may never play in the NFL again.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Investigation for hit and run incident. 😳😳😳

Just read about that.  I don't know how to link tweets, but I see that Adam Schefter reported that there was a call about a vehicle registered to him that was involved in a single car incident that hit a concrete barrier.