Jump to content

Pick a game to get an HD remake and describe any changes


Recommended Posts

I think we've seen a successful run of HD remakes come out. The nostalgia hits hard for a lot of us, and they can be a successful $ entity for these companies. 

One pick I would do - The Legend of Dragoon

Final Fantasy VII Remake completely changed it's battle system from the original. For better or worse, it's a fun action RPG game. I think you could take these elements and split it up into LoD. If you wanted to keep your JRPG battle system when Dart and company are fighting, you could, or switch to the new model. I think the real fun might be in what you do with Dragoon form though. This could be a whole new battle system with unique points and moves. It could get a lot more exotic on the battle field. It could also make Dragoon form more valuable than it was in the original game. 

Honestly, the story isn't awful but they could take the 20+ years of feedback and adjust it to make it more clear and thought out. It's not like they blew it out of the park or anything either. 

Quote

The lore of Winglies, Dragoons, and the rest was much more interesting than the main goal. How the different race’s histories intertwined stuck with me much more than which Moon piece needed to be brought to which sacred area.

https://www.a90skid.com/retro-review-legend-dragoon/2/

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumors it’s happening but until it’s out

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic + anything they want to take from SW:KOTOR II

It was a groundbreaking game in its day and sits in a great part of the Star Wars fiction. It’s unfortunately held back by dated mechanics and graphics…two things that a remake can fix easily. The added benefit is they can re-canonize the story and help launch the Old Republic era again in Star Wars.

Doing it with more modern action fighting mechanics and expanded story choices can make for a brand new experience everyone would love.

In a lot of ways Jade Empire is in the same boat, they just have way more room to do new stuff with it.

 

With the new generation being capable of it, I wouldn’t mind Prototype coming back (or games of it’s ilk) and adding in more destruction elements. Like Crackdown 3 said it would.

If Ubisoft is going the way it seems with Assassins Creed, I’d like to see Assassin’s Creed 1 get a remake. Establish Altair even more into the universe and tie in what game before on the timeline and after. Really flesh out his character more.

Would love to see a next gen campaign singleplayer/co-op reboot for Rainbow Six: Vegas. Kind of like Quarantine or whatever the new name is now, use the siege gameplay. But give us a gorgeous neon filled ray traced world to play in. To make it realistic it will launch with new operations & operators for Siege.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh, I like the SWKOTOR pick. The battle system would need an overhaul as well, but yeah, it could be redone and make it canon. I like it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Ohh, I like the SWKOTOR pick. The battle system would need an overhaul as well, but yeah, it could be redone and make it canon. I like it. 

I just hope whenever we do get it they go all out. It’s too dated to do a simple texture and lighting pass. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

KOTOR yes please..... I tried loading it up last year and just couldn't do it. 

Would also love a new NHL Hitz. I played the hell out of 2002 or 2003 I can't remember. Still one of my fav sports games to this day. It holds up well but I would love a remaster so I could play with people

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

KOTOR yes please..... I tried loading it up last year and just couldn't do it. 

Same, I bought it on steam a couple years ago and whatever I did to get it to work just wasn’t playable. Tried again with backcompat on Xbox last year, it loads up and runs better than it ever did…but it’s just too hard to go back to.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny enough, I was planning on doing a list of games/franchises I believe need remade or rebooted so, Ill save my answers for that.

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Big Rigs

Driving around in f***in' trucks...

MZcFcv8.png

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 43M said:

Funny enough, I was planning on doing a list of games/franchises I believe need remade or rebooted so, Ill save my answers for that.

Driving around in f***in' trucks...

MZcFcv8.png

 

 

Big motherf************ing riiiiiiigs

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think we've seen a successful run of HD remakes come out. The nostalgia hits hard for a lot of us, and they can be a successful $ entity for these companies. 

One pick I would do - The Legend of Dragoon

Final Fantasy VII Remake completely changed it's battle system from the original. For better or worse, it's a fun action RPG game. I think you could take these elements and split it up into LoD. If you wanted to keep your JRPG battle system when Dart and company are fighting, you could, or switch to the new model. I think the real fun might be in what you do with Dragoon form though. This could be a whole new battle system with unique points and moves. It could get a lot more exotic on the battle field. It could also make Dragoon form more valuable than it was in the original game. 

Honestly, the story isn't awful but they could take the 20+ years of feedback and adjust it to make it more clear and thought out. It's not like they blew it out of the park or anything either. 

https://www.a90skid.com/retro-review-legend-dragoon/2/

I saw the title of this thread and was going to post The Legend of Dragoon. Wild. 

Other than the ones already mentioned, my top 3 would be: 

-Diddy Kong Racing
-Tales of Symphonia 
-Timesplitters 2

Of those three, I would probably choose Tales. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched someone playthrough KOTOR on YouTube recently, and loved it. Would be all over an HD remake for that.

But my choice is classic Tomb Raider games. I'm being greedy and saying all of the first five. That era of Tomb Raider is what got me in to video games, and I absolutely adore them. My personal faves are 2 and 3, so maybe even just the first three games if I don't want the game devs dying of exhaustion (and I probably don't). Part of me even thinks an HD remaster would be better than a full remake for these games, but I'll take anything.

They did remake the first game as Tomb Raider: Anniversary back in 2006, but it just wasn't that good. Fans have been wanting this for years and years, hopefully the time comes soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...