new and improved INTRO thread

Heimdallr

With a new forum, it is time for some new introductions! It has probably been 5+ years since most people did this, so let it rip.

Name: 
State you were born in/state you live in now:
Occupation or area of study: 
Interests besides football: 
Favorite current Vike player: 
Favorite all-time Vike:
How many Viking games have you attended: 
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: 
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: 

Name:  Heimdallr
Family: 1 wife + 1 brother
State you were born in/state you live in now: MN / MN
Occupation or area of study: Aerospace Engineering. Now a professional Project Manager.
Interests besides football: MNUFC
Favorite current Vike player: Adam Thielen / Harrison Smith
Favorite all-time Vike: Alan Page, Robert Smith, Randy Moss
How many Viking games have you attended: 5?
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Tyron Smith
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Jonathan Ogden

• Like 1

Name: vike daddy/Alex
Family: two sons in their late 20's.
State you were born in/state you live in now: Illinois originally, now Montana. have lived in Oregon, New Mexico, Utah, and Colorado too.
Occupation or area of study:  varied. very very varied.
Interests besides football: kayaking, biking, birds, water, travel
Favorite current Vike player: hmm.... maybe H Smith, might very well be Treadwell or Floyd if they really contribute this year and step up.
Favorite all-time Vike: Tarkenton. such a smart and opportunistic player. not greatly skilled but retired setting every major NFL QB record in his era.
How many Viking games have you attended: 0 dammit. never been to one NFL game ever.
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Brady?
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Joe Montana in his prime... D*ck Butkus.

• Like 2

Name: SemperFeist 
Family: Wife and daughter 
State you were born in/state you live in now: Minnesota 
Occupation or area of study: Medical Implant Machinist. Studying Finance/Accounting
Interests besides football: Weightlifting/fitness, Mopar restoration, hunting, target shooting, and many others. 
Favorite current Vike player: Adam Thielen
Favorite all-time Vike: Jared Allen
How many Viking games have you attended: More than I can remember 
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: JJ Watt
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Brett Favre

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 3

Name: Scott
Family: Just me
Occupation or area of study: Software developer
Interests besides football: weight lifting, running, video games, e-sports
Favorite current Vike player: Everson Griffen
Favorite all-time Vike: Randy Moss
How many Viking games have you attended: (Falcons 08, Raiders 11, Lions 12, Lions 13, Jets 14)
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: whoever the consensus best LT in the game is
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Randy Moss

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 2

Name: SteelKing728/Stephen
Family: me
State you were born in/state you live in now: Pennsylvania
Occupation or area of study: Security
Interests besides football: Reading Books, the occasional videogame, the outdoors and Haunted Houses
Favorite current Vike player: Harrison Smith
How many Viking games have you attended: 4
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Tom Brady
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Tom Brady

• Like 2

Name: The Gnat/Peder
Family: Wife
Occupation or area of study: Web Development
Interests besides football: Baseball, Board Games, RPG's (Pen and Paper), Soccer, Hockey
Favorite current Vike player: Xavier Rhodes
How many Viking games have you attended: 5 (4 regular season & 1 pre-season)
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now:  Best LT
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Joe Montana

• Like 3

Name: disaacs/David

Family: Wife, Daughter (just graduated from HS), Son (junior in HS), and a puppy

State you were born in/state you live in now: MN/KS

Occupation or area of study: Life Insurance (Filing and Compliance)

Interests besides football:  Been doing a lot of renovation projects in the house which takes up most of my free time, Gardening, Politics, Hiking, Running

Favorite current Vike player: probably Harrison Smith, although I like all of them (I don't have an absolute favorite)

Favorite all-time Vike: John Randle

How many Viking games have you attended: 5 (preseason game vs. Cincinnati in (1989 or 90), Sunday Night game at Seattle (2002), at Arrowhead vs. Chiefs (2007...Jared Allen had a big game against us before joining the next year), vs. the Colts (2008...the infamous booing of Tarvaris game),  and then again at Arrowhead (2011)

What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now:   I would love to say that Tom Brady would make them SB Champions...but I'm going another route...and say I'd like Taylor Lewan.  A great young LT would make this team a SB team.  

What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now:  Sticking with the theme, I'd say Anthony Munoz.

• Like 3

Name: Marshpit23/Patrick 

Family: Fiancé, 4 children 25, 21, 18, 14

Occupation or area of study: Psychiatric RN

Interests besides football: Boating, fishing, Road biking, UFC

Favorite current Vike player: Harrison Smith 

Favorite all-time Vike: Chuck Foreman

How many Viking games have you attended: 0

What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Aaron Rodgers :-/

What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now:  Walter Payton

• Like 2

Name: Teninch/Eric
Family: Wife and Son
State you were born in/state you live in now: Minnesota/Georgia
Occupation or area of study: Govt Contractor
Interests besides football: Concerts and Traveling
Favorite current Vike player: Teddy Bridgewater
Favorite all-time Vike: Chris Doleman
How many Viking games have you attended: Only 1 here in Atlanta. Should be 2 after this season
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Tyron Smith
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Randal McDaniel

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 1

Name: Heavydan85/Dan
Family: I am a loser and no significant other
State you were born in/state you live in now: Born in Canton OH/Live in Lansing MI
Occupation or area of study: Customer Service, studied poli/sci and econ
Interests besides football: Dungeons and Dragons, Game of Thrones, and boardgames...If FF counts I spend way too much time on a dynasty league
Favorite current Vike player: Moritz B
öhringer and Everson Griffen
Favorite all-time Vike: Moss and Carter
How many Viking games have you attended: 0
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Tyron Smith would be nice and likely improve two positions
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Jonathan Ogden (same reason as Smith)

Edited by Heavydan85
finally figured out how to not double space
  • Like 2

Name: Mike Sixel, aka prplchilpill
Family: wife, two sons in college
State you were born in/state you live in now: was born in Nebraska, but spent almost all my life in MN. Moved to Oregon last year to get out of winter and mosquitoes.
Occupation or area of study: I work on technology strategy type stuff
Interests besides football: golf, hiking in the mountains, board games, wineries, breweries, Game of Thrones
Favorite current Vike player: Diggs or Smith
Favorite all-time Vike: Page or MOss
How many Viking games have you attended: good question! I was at the last game at the old Met stadium, and took seats. Alas someone threw them away while I was in college.
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Aaron Rodgers
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Tom Brady or John Randle

• Like 2

Name: Dan

Family: Single (Mom, Dad, Older Bro, Younger Sis)

State you were born in/state you live in now: MN

Occupation or area of study: Assessment

Interests besides football: Working out, golf, lake days/weekends, working on my house, cigars and sports in general. I'd like to get more into hunting/fishing and guitar. 

Favorite current Vike player: Xavier Rhodes

How many Viking games have you attended: 6 or so

What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Offense: Tyron Smith Defense: Aaron Donald

What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Offense: Johnathan Ogden Defense: Ed Reed

• Like 2

Name:  Dan
Family: Dead (They got in my way....)
State you were born in/state you live in now: Outside of 4 years in Texas, Minnesota born/raised
Occupation or area of study: Heavy Equipment Operator
Interests besides football: Harleys, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, shooting guns, collecting sports memorabilia 
Favorite current Vike player:  Don't really have one but closest would be Hitman
Favorite all-time Vike: Moe Williams
How many Viking games have you attended:  Nearing 100
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now:  Julio Jones
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now:  Calvin Johnson

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 3

Name: wcblack34
Family:  2 brothers, 2 sisters, a gaggle of nieces and nephews
State you were born in/state you live in now: Missouri/North Dakota
Occupation or area of study: Lawyer
Interests besides football: Music/Travel/Cooking
Favorite current Vike player: Danielle Hunter
Favorite all-time Vike: John Randle
How many Viking games have you attended: 2
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now:  Antonio Brown
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now:  Tom Brady

• Like 3