new and improved INTRO thread

Heimdallr

Name: Bill
Family: I have been married to a wonderful Cleveland Browns fan for 34 years!!  A wonderful 25 year old son.
State you were born in/state you live in now: Virginia/Virginia
Occupation or area of study: I am a healthcare chaplain and chaplain educator
Interests besides football: Studying Bowen Family Systems Theory, travelling, staying in touch with as many family members as I can, Chicago Cubs
Favorite current Vike player: Diggs
Favorite all-time Vike: Alan Page.  He was, in my opinion the best defensive tackle to ever play.  More importantly, his work after football makes him even more admirable.
How many Viking games have you attended: One.  New Years Eve in Washington DC years ago.  It was the last Redskins game at RFK stadium.
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Joe Thomas
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: John Unitas.  He'd still be a great quarterback in this era.

Edited by Guest

Name: Klomp
Family: Youngest of 5 kids; 3 nephews and 3 nieces
State you were born in/state you live in now: Born in ND and lived there until I was there. Other than FR year of college at NDSU, rest of life has been split between SW and NW Minnesota
Occupation or area of study: Sports journalism
Interests besides football: Basketball is actually my first love....
Favorite current Vike player: Linval Joseph
Favorite all-time Vike: Cris Carter
How many Viking games have you attended: 1 preseason game
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Aaron Rodgers
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Paul Krause

• Like 4

Name: Joe
Family: Wife and 4 kids (12, 10, 8, 8)
State you were born in/state you live in now: Minnesota my whole life
Occupation or area of study: Electrician
Interests besides football: Timberwolves, church
Favorite current Vike player: Harrison Smith
Favorite all-time Vike: Joey Browner
How many Viking games have you attended: 1
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Aaron Rodgers (so I could make him ride the pine and keep him off the field for the Packers)
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Anthony Munoz

• Like 3

Name: Jarrid 
Family: 1 sister, and a beautiful brand new niece.
State you were born in/state you live in now: Iowa/Iowa
Occupation or area of study: Just graduated with a Music Performance degree/ Freelance musician
Interests besides football: Composing and arranging music in my spare time, and visiting symphonies across the country.
Favorite current Vike player: Harry Smith
Favorite all-time Vike: The only option... Randy Moss!
How many Viking games have you attended: 6
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Julio Jones
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Reggie White

Edited by AP_allday2869
  • Like 4

Fancy place that you've got here:

Name:  Ryan
State you were born in/state you live in now:  MN/MN
Occupation or area of study:   Physical/Health Education + Football/S&C Coach
Interests besides football:   Weight training, golf, softball, reading, gaming
Favorite current Vike player:   Harrison Smith
Favorite all-time Vike:  Jared Allen
How many Viking games have you attended:   Lost count
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now:   Aaron Donald
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now:  Barry Sanders (favorite all time player)

Edited by rpmwr19
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, rpmwr19 said:

Fancy place that you've got here:

Name:  Ryan
State you were born in/state you live in now:  MN/MN
Occupation or area of study:   Physical/Health Education + Football/S&C Coach
Interests besides football:   Weight training, golf, softball, reading, gaming
Favorite current Vike player:   Harrison Smith
Favorite all-time Vike:  Jared Allen
How many Viking games have you attended:   Lost count
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now:   Aaron Donald
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now:  Barry Sanders (favorite all time player)

The Aaron Donald with a new multi-year contract, right ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Name: y*so*blu
Family: Alive and well (last time I checked)
State you were born in/state you live in now: Minnesota/Minnesota
Occupation or area of study: Odd jobs, staying sane (no easy feat in this country)
Interests besides football:  Wrestling, MMA, women's sports, death metal, cooking shows
Favorite current Vike player: Adam Thielen
Favorite all-time Vike: Alan Page
How many Viking games have you attended: None (I can't afford it and I don't do crowds)
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Taylor Lewan
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Can't decide

• Like 2

Name: Dave
Family: 2 sisters
State you were born in/state you live in now: Saxony-Anhalt (Germany)/Hesse (Germany)
Occupation or area of study: Studied Economics, now work for the Bundesbank (Federal Bank of Germany)
Interests besides football: Soccer, Fitness, Reading
Favorite all-time Vike: Randy Moss
How many Viking games have you attended: 0, will attend the London Game this year
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Aaron Donald
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Jonathan Ogden

• Like 2

Name: Robb
Family: 2 sisters, 1 brother, 3 nieces, 1 nephew
Born & raised: Province: Manitoba  Currently (and each of last 30 years) Split each and every year between Netherlands(Oude Niedorp), Denmark(Hilleroed), Germany(Munich) & Canada(West Kildonan)
Occupation or area of study:  20 years Environmental Scientist/Economics consultant (UN projects in Africa, Middle East & Far East),  34 years cartoonist
Interests besides football: Ice Hockey (played organised for 20 years), backcountry skiiing/mountainclimbing, R&B/Blues & Soul music
Favorite current Vike player: was Adrian Peterson - now committee: Cook, Griffin, Joseph, Rhodes, Smith, Bridgewater, Diggs
Favorite all-time Vike: Committee: Page, Foreman, Tarkington, Peterson, Moss, Randle, Cris Carter (really too many great ones to mention and pick just one).
How many Viking games have you attended: 6 during the 1960s and early 1970s (when pro sports tickets were actually affordable to average people).
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Aaron Rodgers
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Jim Brown at his peak

I was a Winnipeg Blue Bomber fan in the 1950s & 1960s.  Then, in the later mid '60s our Grey Cup Winning coach, Bud Grant, became The Viking's coach.  But, i was actually a Vikings' fan from the awarding of their franchise in 1960 (before they even began in 1961), because they were the only NFL franchise anywhere near Winnipeg.  I've followed The Vikings since their expansion draft.  That's about 57 years now.  I hope they win The Super Bowl soon!  B|

Edited by Robb_K
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, GermanVike said:

Name: Dave
Family: 2 sisters
State you were born in/state you live in now: Saxony-Anhalt (Germany)/Hesse (Germany)
Occupation or area of study: Studied Economics, now work for the Bundesbank (Federal Bank of Germany)
Interests besides football: Soccer, Fitness, Reading
Favorite all-time Vike: Randy Moss
How many Viking games have you attended: 0, will attend the London Game this year
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Aaron Donald
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Jonathan Ogden

Wilkommen bei unser Forum!!!   :)

Did you watch Moritz Böhringer play in Deutschland before he was drafted by The Vikings?

Edited by Robb_K