new and improved INTRO thread

Heimdallr

Name: Evan
Family: wife and child age 5
State you were born in/state you live in now: IL/IL ( with an 11 year stop in MN)
Occupation or area of study: bachelors in history and PoliSci
Interests besides football: Music, Film, Politics, Gardening, cooking
Favorite current Vike player: Harrison Smith
Favorite all-time Vike: Cris Carter
How many Viking games have you attended: 2
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now:  Tyron Smith
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Joe Montana

I'm finally back! I love the new forum, and I'm really excited for this season of Vikings football.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Robb_K said:

Wilkommen bei unser Forum!!!   :)

Did you watch Moritz Böhringer play in Deutschland before he was drafted by The Vikings?

I actually played against him, when he was still playing for the 5th League Crailsheim Titans. Wasn't my best game (I play Safety btw.) :D

• Like 1

Glücksvogel!!!    Wow!  That's something!  You can say that you played against (guarded) a player who has made The NFL!  I hope he plays for The Vikings soon.  I, myself, played against 7 players in Junior Hockey, in Canada, who later played in The NHL, so, I know that feeling.  Let's hope he has a good career, and helps The Vikings do well. B|

• Like 1

Name: Tim
Family: 2 Kids (10 & 7)
State you were born in/state you live in now: Born in MN, Currently reside in IL
Occupation or area of study: Finance
Interests besides football: MMA, Playing Guitar
Favorite current Vike player: Harrison Smith
Favorite all-time Vike: John Randle
How many Viking games have you attended:  10-15?
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Tom Brady
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Randall McDaniel

• Like 2

10 hours ago, icarus4321 said:

Thank you!  I've been lurking for over ten years and finally decided to get a username.  I used to work with one of the mods (probably '06ish) at the old Fanball.

Wow!  10 years lurking!  That's a lot of lurking!  Welcome!  This is another playoff year.  Glad you'll be able to enjoy it with us.  It should be the most interesting year since 2009.  And NEXT year will be even more so, with the "QB of the future" decided.

19 hours ago, icarus4321 said:

Thank you!  I've been lurking for over ten years and finally decided to get a username. 

someone has been lurking for ten years, and then chooses a username about being so bold it kills them...?

welcome aboard!

Name: Illadelegend215 
Family: 1 brother, girlfriend, step daughter
State you were born in/state you live in now: Pennsylvania/ Pennsylvania
Occupation or area of study: behavioral health work (working with children that suffer from behavior disabilities)
Interests besides football: basketball, anime, music.
Favorite current Vike player: Stefon Diggs
Favorite all-time Vike: Randy Moss/Adrian Peterson
How many Viking games have you attended: none
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Joe Thomas
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Prime Randy Moss

• Like 2

Never really filled mine out, so here we go

Name: gopherwrestler/Randy
Family: My fiance is still hanging in there until Sept. 1 or 2018, Charlie the Bulldog, and Sassy the Cat
State you were born in/state you live in now: Alaska/Minnesota
Occupation or area of study: Studied Kinesiology at the U and ended up finishing as a Civil Engineer.
Interests besides football: Wrestling, Racing, MMA
Favorite current Vike player: Xavier Rhodes
Favorite all-time Vike: Cris Carter, Patrick Chukwurah
How many Viking games have you attended: Can't count em on my fingers and toes
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Aaron Rodgers
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Tony Boselli

• Like 2

Name: Zach (i.e., Dr LoveVikings)
Family: Wife (married August 12, 2017; just got back from the honeymoon haha) and beagle mix named Hunter
State you were born in/state you live in now: North Carolina (I am also a part-time Panthers fan haha)
Occupation or area of study: PhD in Industrial-Organizational Psychology; work in People Analytics at a large financial services organization
Interests besides football: Basketball, golf, baseball, wrestling, tennis, really any sport, music (play keyboard/vocals in a band), traveling, the beach, local saloons
Favorite all-time Vike: Adrian Peterson
How many Viking games have you attended: 4 (we're making a trip up to MN this year for the Lions game to see the new stadium!)
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Offense - Tyron Smith / Defense - Earl Thomas III
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Offense - Jonathan Ogden / Defense - Ed Reed

Edited by Dr LoveVikings
  • Like 3

Name: Ozzy
Family: Single bro
State you were born in/state you live in now: Minnesota and still reside here.
Occupation or area of study: Sports Studies in college, currently work with preschool kids.
Interests besides football: Wood carving and drawing
Favorite all-time Vike: Randy Moss duh, guy was the freaking man.  John Randle close second... Leroy Hoard was fun to watch and Robert Griffith was a damn good player, was part of some terrible units though but he could really hit.
How many Viking games have you attended: Two, rather see multiple games on TV if not two at the same time than just one.
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Sure the obvious is Tom Brady whatever, but really I would be really pleased with Carson Wentz as a young development QB and potential star for the future.  I would trade F'ing Sam Bradford and a 1st pick along with some other picks for him potentially, man Bradford is lame and lacks charisma ....
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Sean Taylor RIP, best safety prospect I have watched, would have been a Hall of Fame player.  

• Like 3

Name: Nate
Family: Me and my dog
State you were born in/state you live in now: South Dakota
Occupation or area of study: graduated with an English degree from the U of South Dakota, currently a cell phone repair tech (using my worthless degree well)
Interests besides football: Video Games, technology, writing, music (i play bass
Favorite current Vike player: Adrian Peterson (too soon?)
Favorite all-time Vike: Jared Allen
How many Viking games have you attended: 2
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Aaron Rodgers
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Ed Reed

• Like 3