Heimdallr

new and improved INTRO thread

Posted (edited)

[XXIMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/xbe6ih.jpg[/IMG]

xbe6ih.jpg

Just in case anybody needs a new code for the 10-year badge, I posted it above.  Just copy and paste, but delete the two red X's from the code and it should work for you.  Just let me know if you have any problems.   :)

Edited by Uncle Buck

Hi all,

I’m from England. Big fan since mid 90’s. Been to a Wembley game and 4 games in Minneapolis. My record is 3-2 lol. 

Skol

5 hours ago, Countstuku said:

Been to a Wembley game and 4 games in Minneapolis. 

how would you describe the difference, in fan reaction and such?

Wembley is ok, but very sterile as it’s no ones home. And it’s all very generic stalks etc. The metrodome and tcf bank felt Minnesotan. It had that home feel and loved seeing the sea of purple. In terms of fans Wembley has all 32 teams represented so you never get that complete home stadium volume although the pregame shows are good. Like Dorothy said though there’s no place like home lol.

1 hour ago, Countstuku said:

Wembley is ok, but very sterile as it’s no ones home. And it’s all very generic stalks etc. The metrodome and tcf bank felt Minnesotan. It had that home feel and loved seeing the sea of purple. In terms of fans Wembley has all 32 teams represented so you never get that complete home stadium volume although the pregame shows are good. Like Dorothy said though there’s no place like home lol.

are English fans rowdy at NFL games, or reserved or what?

They make some noise, but there’s not the passion as a lot of them aren’t supporting the two teams playing. In soccer it’s much more rowdy. My first game was the favre record breaking game and I was shocked there was no fighting being a local derby lol.

18 hours ago, Countstuku said:

They make some noise, but there’s not the passion as a lot of them aren’t supporting the two teams playing. In soccer it’s much more rowdy. My first game was the favre record breaking game and I was shocked there was no fighting being a local derby lol.

The only fighting you'll see here is during a hockey game.  :D  And even that has been watered down with all the European-style hockey being played nowadays.