new and improved INTRO thread

Heimdallr

5 minutes ago, AussieViking said:

I plan to, I was looking for a forum and noticed a lot of the vikings ones had terrible layouts. This forum is much better and is very similar to one I use for Aussie football... I just havent worked out where the like button is!

the little football on the right side of posts.

we started up in the fall of 2004, many of our members have been here since then or shortly after.

On 4/28/2019 at 10:13 AM, AussieViking said:

I plan to, I was looking for a forum and noticed a lot of the vikings ones had terrible layouts. This forum is much better and is very similar to one I use for Aussie football... I just havent worked out where the like button is!

What Aussie Rules Football team should I be a fan of?  I used to watch it back in the 80s/90s when they used to have the game of the week on ESPN, and I think it was the Carlton Blues that I used to watch a lot, but it's been 20+ years since I last watched a game.  It was either them or the Richmond Tigers...I can't quite remember.  

14 hours ago, swede700 said:

What Aussie Rules Football team should I be a fan of?  I used to watch it back in the 80s/90s when they used to have the game of the week on ESPN, and I think it was the Carlton Blues that I used to watch a lot, but it's been 20+ years since I last watched a game.  It was either them or the Richmond Tigers...I can't quite remember.  

Well it would be rude of me not to suggest my own team, Collingwood. Good team, lost the grand final by 5pts last season and should be contending again. 

Carlton were really good in the 90's but have been by far the worst team since 2000, they have finished last a lot (2002, 2005, 2006,  2015, 2018) and wasted an incredible amount of high draft picks. They are basically what the Browns were before last season. Prior to coming last in 2002 they hadn't finished last in 108 years. They still suck this season but seem to have some good young players at least. 

Richmond are a good team and won the premiership in 2017... but they're a gross club :D

There are few new teams since the 90's and a lot of new teams since the 80's. The competition grew from having teams in one state to teams across the entire country during the 90's. 

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

So kind of exciting news. I just finished PA school and I will be moving my family from Idaho out to Eden Prairie to start a job with Twin Cities Orthopedics. 

I guess I just wanted to be closer to all the pain and misery that comes with being a Vikings fan

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

So kind of exciting news. I just finished PA school and I will be moving my family from Idaho out to Eden Prairie to start a job with Twin Cities Orthopedics. 

I guess I just wanted to be closer to all the pain and misery that comes with being a Vikings fan

If you have any questions about EP let me know, that is where I live.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

Congrats!!  That is exciting finishing school and getting a job. Enjoy the fruits of your hard work.

• 3 months later...

Name:  Hyper/Greg
Family: Wife and 2 boys (7 and 12)
State you were born in/state you live in now: VA/VA
Occupation or area of study:  Water Treatment Plant Operator
Interests besides football:  Guitars, golf, naps
Favorite current Vike player:  Kendricks
Favorite all-time Vike: Jon Randle
How many Viking games have you attended: only 1
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now:  Patrick Mahomes
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now:  Deion Sanders

• Like 3

On 10/4/2019 at 3:40 PM, byuvike88 said:

Did you make the move? How do you like it over here?