new and improved INTRO thread

Heimdallr

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

who is this "new" @Morlee guy...?

me suspects he's been here before....

Do I sound like someone else? ;)   I actually lurk here alot but I’ve not been active on a football forum in years. 

Name: Joshua

Family: Mother and Father (passed in August) and 2 siblings, and a girlfriend of 5 years, just about. 

State you were born in/state you live in now:  Virginia

Occupation or area of study: Security/Writer

Interests besides football: Comics/Books/Video Games/Working Out. Other sports interests include Basketball, World Cup and older professional wrestling. 

Favorite current Vike player: Adam Thielen was for a while, but currently I’ve grown to be a big fan of Cam Bynum and Patrick Jones also. 

Favorite all-time Vike: Randy Moss is the only answer, right? I still have Adrian Peterson pretty high up there. He brought the same excitement if not more so, with his running style. 

How many Viking games have you attended: only 1.  In 2018, I went to the Lions Vs Vikings, the game where the Vikings ran back a fumble for a TD and also had more sacks than Lions had points.  They won 20-9 I believe. It was pretty fun. 

What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Aaron Donald most likely. Or Kenny Moore II. 

What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: This is tough. May be a bit biased here, but I believe my dad and I had the same favorite player. I’d like to place a prime Dan Marino (1989 or so) on this team.  If not him, then probably my second favorite QB - Kurt Warner, would work just fine.

Edited by Morlee
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Long time lurker. I finally talked myself into joining the conversation.

Name: Core11 (Corey)
Family: One sister w/ a niece. Otherwise, just me.
State you were born in/state you live in now: Born in Minnesota. Currently live in Washington, DC.
Occupation or area of study: Federal Government (Intl' Affairs)
Interests besides football: Running, baseball, reading, and cooking.
Favorite current Vike player: Justin Jefferson
Favorite all-time Vike: Randy Moss
How many Viking games have you attended: 5+
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Lamar Jackson
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Ladainian Tomlinson

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Core11 said:

Currently live in Washington, DC.

welcome aboard the longship!

i have a son who studied International Affairs in college, even attended American Univ in Beirut for a semester.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Core11 said:

Name: Core11 (Corey)
Family: One sister w/ a niece. Otherwise, just me.
State you were born in/state you live in now: Born in Minnesota. Currently live in Washington, DC.
Interests besides football: Running, baseball, reading, and cooking.
Favorite current Vike player: Justin Jefferson
How many Viking games have you attended: 5+
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Lamar Jackson
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Ladainian Tomlinson

Welcome Corey!  Glad to meet you!  I am 60 miles from DC, living in Winchester, VA.  Hope you are "enjoying" the snow?

Bill

25 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Welcome Corey!  Glad to meet you!  I am 60 miles from DC, living in Winchester, VA.  Hope you are "enjoying" the snow?

Bill

A little taste of home and a snow day! First time seeing snow since I moved here about a year and a half ago. Can't say I missed it too much.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Core11 said:

i'm curious...

what makes a lurker lurk and then decide to actively join in? how long did you lurk? how often did you come to the site?

On 1/16/2024 at 10:49 AM, vike daddy said:

i'm curious...

what makes a lurker lurk and then decide to actively join in? how long did you lurk? how often did you come to the site?

Last few seasons or so. Mostly enjoy reading the draft threads. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2022 at 8:29 AM, Morlee said:

Do I sound like someone else? ;)   I actually lurk here alot but I’ve not been active on a football forum in years. 

Name: Joshua

Family: Mother and Father (passed in August) and 2 siblings, and a girlfriend of 5 years, just about. 

State you were born in/state you live in now:  Virginia

Occupation or area of study: Security/Writer

Interests besides football: Comics/Books/Video Games/Working Out. Other sports interests include Basketball, World Cup and older professional wrestling. 

Favorite current Vike player: Adam Thielen was for a while, but currently I’ve grown to be a big fan of Cam Bynum and Patrick Jones also. 

(1) Favorite all-time Vike: Randy Moss is the ONLY answer, right? I still have Adrian Peterson pretty high up there. He brought the same excitement if not more so, with his running style. 

How many Viking games have you attended: only 1.  In 2018, I went to the Lions Vs Vikings, the game where the Vikings ran back a fumble for a TD and also had more sacks than Lions had points.  They won 20-9 I believe. It was pretty fun. 

(2) What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Aaron Donald most likely. Or Kenny Moore II. 

What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: This is tough. May be a bit biased here, but I believe my dad and I had the same favorite player. I’d like to place a prime Dan Marino (1989 or so) on this team.  If not him, then probably my second favorite QB - Kurt Warner, would work just fine.

(1) You'd be surprised, young man, that others on this forum might choose  Joe Kapp, Bill Brown, Fran Tarkington, Alan Page, Carl Eller, Jim Marshall, John Gilliam or even Wally Hilgenberg! 

(2) I'd like The K.C. Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes added to The current Vikings.  But I'll settle for LSU's Jaden Daniels.  😎

• Like 2

Yeah, I was already 25 during Moss' rookie year, so he definitely isn't the only answer.  🤣  Although my favorite Viking is his contemporary, John Randle.  Still my favorite player to ever have watched.  Those that aren't old enough to have watched him missed out. 

• 1 month later...

Having refound my joy for posting I figure I should update this since the last time I did it was on the old site probably 15+ years ago.

Name: Joe
Family: Wife, 2 daughters 
State you were born in/state you live in now: Ontario, Canada 
Occupation or area of study: water infrastructure, cipp lining
Interests besides football: Traveling, Outdoors, Hockey
Favorite current Vike player: Justin Jefferson obviously 
How many Viking games have you attended: 1 away - Brad Johnson vs J.P Losman 
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Joe Burrow
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Sean Taylor

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2024 at 10:24 PM, Core11 said:

Last few seasons or so. Mostly enjoy reading the draft threads. 

You should check out the fun games we play on this forum. The 5k game is the best. 

Not that I'm biased or anything 😉