new and improved INTRO thread

Heimdallr

On 4/8/2018 at 9:23 PM, Hagar said:

Name: Brad

Family: wife, 3 girls, 2 female cats (completely out numbered)

State born/live in: MN/MN

Interests beyond football: watching kid play softball, frisbee golf, White Castle burgers

Favorite current Viking: Theilen

Number of Vikes games att1, a fourth preseason game...does a starterless game really count though.

Favorite all time Viking: Bud Grant, Scott Studwell

Any current player on another team I want on the Vikes: healthy JJ Watt

Any past player I want on the Vikings: John Elway

If anyone could make me a Hagar the Horrible (comic) avatar-thingy would be greatly appreciated.

Have you asked anyone in the sig and avatar forum? They could probably help you out.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2017 at 5:51 PM, Heimdallr said:

With a new forum, it is time for some new introductions! It has probably been 5+ years since most people did this, so let it rip.

Name: Randy
Family: Wife, 3 daughters 32, 22, and 20, and son 16.
State you were born in/state you live in now: Minnesota/Michigan 
Occupation or area of study: Business Management 
Interests besides football: Minnesota sports teams, fishing 
Favorite current Vike player: Xavier
Favorite all-time Vike: Alan Page
How many Viking games have you attended: I lost track, around 35 in six different venues.
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Zach Martin 
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Anthony Munoz (last 2 answers makes our OL a strength)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

impressive...

what games stand out for you?

Any and all Viking victories are glorious! Blowing out the Texans at US Bank's first season was fun, and that facility is amazing. The old Met games in late December were memorable, maybe not the most exciting offensively, but the elements were part of the experience. The dome games were more comfortable and loud, but I moved away before they did a lot of winning there. Old Tampa stadium (The Big Sombrero) was a raucous party atmosphere, and the Vikings nearly always won. Raymond James in Tampa is a nice place, but Dungy's defense gave us fits there. Last year's win in Detroit on Thanksgiving was one of my favorites at Ford Field. All in all, I feel lucky to root for the Vikes. They have had some great defenses. Is there an organization with a better history of defensive linemen? I don't think so. Maybe the best answer to your question VD..... I've been lucky enough to be at multiple games where Percy, Sherells, Patterson, and others have returned kicks for TDs, including the game in Detroit when Percy and Marcus each had one.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Name: Andrew
Family: 2 Brothers, 28 and 23
State you were born in/state you live in now: WI/WI
Occupation or area of study: Custodian at UW-Madison, 3rd shift
Interests besides football: Behavioral Psychology, Philosophy, Cooking (Grilling mainly)
Favorite current Vike player:  Harrison Smith
Favorite all-time Vike: Randy Moss
How many Viking games have you attended: 0
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Aaron Rodgers
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now:  Ken Stabler

Briefly had a profile on the old site before i forgot the password glad to be back.

Edited by KOTN-93
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 8:23 PM, Hagar said:

Name: Brad

Family: wife, 3 girls, 2 female cats (completely out numbered)

State born/live in: MN/MN

Interests beyond football: watching kid play softball, frisbee golf, White Castle burgers

Favorite current Viking: Theilen

Number of Vikes games att1, a fourth preseason game...does a starterless game really count though.

Favorite all time Viking: Bud Grant, Scott Studwell

Any current player on another team I want on the Vikes: healthy JJ Watt

Any past player I want on the Vikings: John Elway

If anyone could make me a Hagar the Horrible (comic) avatar-thingy would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a belated "Welcome to Football's Future" gift.  :)

2badl0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It was me who made them.  I think the host I used to post them (www.tinypic.com) is just down right now.  My sig isn't showing up either.  If they aren't back up by tomorrow I will post them again, but my guess is that their links will be working again before long.

• Like 1