new and improved INTRO thread

Heimdallr

22 hours ago, vike daddy said:

what's a borean? because the new guy is a hyper one.

Haha.  I got that name from Gregg Easterbrooks' old weekly column about the NFL.  Hyperborean is what he called Vikings.  According to Wikipedia:  "In Greek mythology the Hyperboreans were a race of giants who lived "beyond the North Wind". The Greeks thought that Boreas, the god of the North Wind lived in Thrace, and therefore Hyperborea indicates that it is a region beyond Thrace".

I recall he also called the Titans "the flaming thumbtacks" because that's what he thought their helmet emblem looked like, and the Patriots were "the Flying Elvii" because he thought their emblem looked like Elvis.  And the Bears were the Ming Ding Xiong ("Bears whose outcomes are decided by fate" in Chinese).   I can't remember the others but he had some doozies.  It was always an entertaining read.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hyperborean said:

Haha.  I got that name from Gregg Easterbrooks' old weekly column about the NFL.  Hyperborean is what he called Vikings.  According to Wikipedia:  "In Greek mythology the Hyperboreans were a race of giants who lived "beyond the North Wind". The Greeks thought that Boreas, the god of the North Wind lived in Thrace, and therefore Hyperborea indicates that it is a region beyond Thrace".

I recall he also called the Titans "the flaming thumbtacks" because that's what he thought their helmet emblem looked like, and the Patriots were "the Flying Elvii" because he thought their emblem looked like Elvis.  And the Bears were the Ming Ding Xiong ("Bears whose outcomes are decided by fate" in Chinese).   I can't remember the others but he had some doozies.  It was always an entertaining read.  

i like the new guy.

27 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i like the new guy.

But I'm an old guy.  I guess you don't remember me from the old forum.  Back when Red McCombs was a member.  It's been a few years.  I may have been complaining about Tarvaris Jackson still back then, maybe it was Teddy.  Can't remember.

58 minutes ago, Hyperborean said:

But I'm an old guy.  I guess you don't remember me from the old forum.  Back when Red McCombs was a member.  It's been a few years.  I may have been complaining about Tarvaris Jackson still back then, maybe it was Teddy.  Can't remember.

oh. what was your username then?

On 1/17/2020 at 5:36 PM, Heimdallr said:

Did you make the move? How do you like it over here?

I did. We got out here in October. So far it's been good! It's a lot of fun living near the city and seeing all the purple. I am excited for spring and summer so that we can do a little more exploring with the kids. 

I work up at Abbott Northwestern Hospital every Thursday and about every other week I drive by the stadium just for kicks and giggles. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-01-17 at 6:39 PM, Heimdallr said:

Are you involved on the instrumentation/controls side at all? That is my specialty. 

I just completed my Level 1 operator course (a requirement the Ontario gov put into place after the Walkerton ecoli outbreak in 2000).

Man treatment is so much more complicated then distribution, I only work on distribution and have not seen a math formula since highschool so it definitely got complicated. 

*I thought I was quoting both you and hyberborean

Edited by BWG VIKE

• 1 month later...

Name: AWinfield26 / Eric
Family: Just a girlfriend 
State you were born in/state you live in now: Hamden, CT currently reside in Orlando, FL (Yes I work for Disney lol)
Occupation or area of study: Currently a cook, studying Sports Management (Only in my second semester) 
Interests besides football: Video  games, guns, fishing, basketball and movies/tv shows
Favorite current Vike player: Danielle Hunter
Favorite all-time Vike: Randy Moss
How many Viking games have you attended: 4 and every time they lose lol, I did witness Brett Favre's 500th TD pass to......Randy Moss
What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Jalen Ramsey with the current state of our CB group 
What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Randy "Straight Cash" Moss 

Can't wait to talk some Vikings with you ladies/gentlemen. Been following the team since 1998. Felt a lot of heartbreak from this team and punched a lot of wholes in walls lol, but I refuse to give up on them. I mean our time has to come....right? 

Welcome aboard AW!  You shouldn't feel so bad...every time I go, they lose too.  I thought we actually had them this past year at Arrowhead, but once again they folded down the stretch...which has happened now for the 3rd game I've been to watch them there.

Lol.....I think I need to be better when picking the games I attend. I was at the Giants vs Vikings games a while ago when we started Josh Freeman as QB lol. I shouldn't have had my expectations to high on that one, then I attended the Redskins vs Vikings game when RG3 had his coming out party. Maybe I'm bad luck like that Chiefs fan lol. The Vikings are playing Tampa in Tampa this year but with Brady signing and our secondary what it is now I'm thinking about sitting that one out.