Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
johndeere1707

IND @ CIN Gameday Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

That was a lot harder than it should have been. Geez

indeed.. so happy  to just get the win..

A win is a win in the NFL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Boling- Ogbeuhi- Dielman- Westerman- Smith

At this point, I think we just need to replace Bodine. Keep everyone else in place.  Bodine is the #1 issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

At this point, I think we just need to replace Bodine. Keep everyone else in place.  Bodine is the #1 issue...

I'm pretty sure he was holding Fisher's beer on that ;late sack by Hunt.  That should hurt Fisher's soul, seeing his QB hit like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

At this point, I think we just need to replace Bodine. Keep everyone else in place.  Bodine is the #1 issue...

He has been for the last 3 seasons. Do we still have Dielmann's rights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that was ugly.

Sacksonville is going to get about 12 sacks next week.  Oline is a big giant turd right now.

Hooray for a few big plays that won the game though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read an article about how Marvin keeps telling Dunlap to stop jumping up to bat passes down.  Good thing Dunlap didn't listen to Marvin...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Just read an article about how Marvin keeps telling Dunlap to stop jumping up to bat passes down.  Good thing Dunlap didn't listen to Marvin...

Two thoughts: 

1) It seems like sometimes he takes a play off from pass rushing because it's too hard, and instead just goes for the jump tip.  That's bad.

2) if he can't get a rush after trying, the jump tip is a great weapon.

I think mostly it's #1 though.  He seems pretty lazy this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, if i get some time tonight, i'm going to post a thread about OL laziness.  The sacks yesterday were ridiculous.  The OL just looks like they're not trying.  They two hand touch a guy and let him in the backfield like "oh well" and then look downfield again for the next rusher.

Did Dalton do or say something to PO his linemen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, theJ said:

Also, if i get some time tonight, i'm going to post a thread about OL laziness.  The sacks yesterday were ridiculous.  The OL just looks like they're not trying.  They two hand touch a guy and let him in the backfield like "oh well" and then look downfield again for the next rusher.

Did Dalton do or say something to PO his linemen?

Like, at least hold the guy to show you're trying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, theJ said:

Two thoughts: 

1) It seems like sometimes he takes a play off from pass rushing because it's too hard, and instead just goes for the jump tip.  That's bad.

2) if he can't get a rush after trying, the jump tip is a great weapon.

I think mostly it's #1 though.  He seems pretty lazy this year.

Did he specifically say Marvin told him that?  I only ask because the ref kept telling him how he could and couldn't jump by using the o-lineman as leverage for takeoff.  You would have never seen that in a tv broadcast.  If Marvin said it too, then I'm glad he tuned him out, if only for one play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Did he specifically say Marvin told him that?  I only ask because the ref kept telling him how he could and couldn't jump by using the o-lineman as leverage for takeoff.  You would have never seen that in a tv broadcast.  If Marvin said it too, then I'm glad he tuned him out, if only for one play.

I don't know.  @TheVillain112 was the one who saw it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Did he specifically say Marvin told him that?  I only ask because the ref kept telling him how he could and couldn't jump by using the o-lineman as leverage for takeoff.  You would have never seen that in a tv broadcast.  If Marvin said it too, then I'm glad he tuned him out, if only for one play.

It was Marvin: http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/28732/bengals-carlos-dunlap-ignores-orders-to-stop-jumping-gets-a-pick-six

"But Dunlap’s knack for batted passes often comes at the wrong time. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis even grabbed Dunlap at one point during Vontaze Burfict: “We always tell Carlos, ‘Stop jumping. Stop jumping. Stop jumping -- go rush the quarterback.’ And now we can tell him to keep jumping I guess.”

From the same article Dre Kirkpatrick smarter at making adjustments than Marvin:

“If you ask him, he’ll tell you I called it,” Kirkpatrick said. “I said, ‘Carlos, you’ve got to get a pick-six.’ Where it came from, I don’t know. I was like, ‘We’ve got to get a turnover. They’re not throwing the ball outside and somebody’s got to make a play.' I told Carlos, ‘Get your hands up boy, you’re about to get a pick-six.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where does this rank for ugliest wins for the last 50 seasons? Gotta be at least top 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×