NFC North rosters.....

vegas492

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

How do you see them if #12 doesn't play for us?

I have that <10 so I’m not too worried about that. 

I cannot say for sure how we would be. There’s always a chance J Love can’t play at all, in which case they’d be the favorite in division. I do think MLF can make things easier for Love to where he can play competent ball. I’d probably put our win range at 6-10 and Minnesota 7-10 with them being more likely to hit their peak than us.

Tampa

LAR

AZ

SF

Dallas

Washington 

are all teams I like more than Minnesota. Probably Sea too 

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Cousins is slightly above average who historically struggles vs good teams. 

Theilan is going to be 31 before the season and has showed signs of regression. 

They invested in the DL but still only have one pass rusher. 

Patrick Peterson as your number 1 CB in 2021 is not what you want. Breeland os fine but there’s a reason why nobody has kept him long term. Smith is still good, but also regressing due to age. 

I don’t trust teams relying on a RB. If Cook goes down , I think the offense is toast. 

Not saying they’re a bad team, they’re probably a 7-9  win team, maybe 10 if everything goes right. It would be a team I wouldn’t mind playing in the playoffs . 

I agree with most of this but, Thielen's career will be extended because Justin Jefferson is a threat. I also wouldn't sleep on a RB by committee if Cook were to go down. Kene Nwangwu is going to be a better pro than a collegiate athlete and if he doesn't sit behind David Montgomery and Bryce Hall, he's probably a Day 2 pick TBH. I also wouldn't be so down on their secondary as Jeff Gladney and Cameron Dantzler will be better this year, but I'd be a bit leery of that DL because they've gotta get all those new pieces to gel together relatively quickly. Many of those new pieces are designed to rush the passer however. I could see our IOL wearing them down rather quickly, especially given both the size and athleticism of our IOL at this point and the way they win the leverage game consistently. 

That said, do they have a good roster? Of course. Are they overrated? Ya sure ya betcha!

4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

QB:  GB - 4, DT - 3, MN - 2, CH - 1

RB:  GB - 4, MN - 3, CH - 2, DT - 1

WR: MN - 4, GB - 3, CH - 2, DT - 1

TE: DT - 4, GB - 3, MN - 2, CH - 1

OL: GB - 4, DT - 3, MN - 2, CH - 1

DL: CH - 4, GB - 3, MN - 2, DT - 1

ILB: CH - 4, MN - 3, GB - 2, DT - 1

EDGE:  GB - 4, CH - 3, MN - 2, DT - 1

CB:  GB - 4, DT - 3, MN - 2, CH - 1

S:  GB - 4, MN - 3, DT - 2, CH - 1

Add em up. GB - 39, MN - 27, DT - 23, CH - 21

Specials: I don't know. 

Coach:  GB - 4, DT - 3, MN - 2, CH - 1

OK! I did my part. 

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I agree with most of this but, Thielen's career will be extended because Justin Jefferson is a threat. I also wouldn't sleep on a RB by committee if Cook were to go down. Kene Nwangwu is going to be a better pro than a collegiate athlete and if he doesn't sit behind David Montgomery and Bryce Hall, he's probably a Day 2 pick TBH. I also wouldn't be so down on their secondary as Jeff Gladney and Cameron Dantzler will be better this year, but I'd be a bit leery of that DL because they've gotta get all those new pieces to gel together relatively quickly. Many of those new pieces are designed to rush the passer however. I could see our IOL wearing them down rather quickly, especially given both the size and athleticism of our IOL at this point and the way they win the leverage game consistently. 

That said, do they have a good roster? Of course. Are they overrated? Ya sure ya betcha!

I don’t think they’re counting on Gladney. He has significant legal issues 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/07/latest-on-vikings-jeff-gladney

I don’t think they’re bad at all. It wouldn’t shock me if we split vs them. I just think they need a lot to go right, including their aging stars to not regress. 

6 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t think they’re counting on Gladney. He has significant legal issues 

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/07/latest-on-vikings-jeff-gladney

I don’t think they’re bad at all. It wouldn’t shock me if we split vs them. I just think they need a lot to go right, including their aging stars to not regress. 

Another real peach of a person this one appears to be! 

Premium positions, GB sweeps.

Best: QB, LT, CB1, NT, edge group, WR1; .....plus best RB room, close at TE room, best Safety duo, best oline still. They rightly don't value Ilb -- can't do it all without years of bad seasons like San Fran & TB.

GB has their most stacked team since 93-97 by far. The pro votes last year weren't just smoke.

Gotta go with Vikes, Chicago (most questions here), then Detroit without a break down.

Edited by JaireAlex
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 5:19 PM, JaireAlex said:

Best: QB, LT, CB1, NT, edge group, WR1; .....plus best RB room, close at TE room, best Safety duo, best oline still. They rightly don't value Ilb -- can't do it all without years of bad seasons like San Fran & TB.

GB has their most stacked team since 93-97 by far. The pro votes last year weren't just smoke.

Gotta go with Vikes, Chicago (most questions here), then Detroit without a break down.

I was thinking about that...premium positions.

This looks a whole lot different if we have Rodgers, no doubt.  But, what if.....

We assigned 3 X the value to QB.

2 X value to EDGE, CB and OL?

As said, GB has the horses at premium positions.  And I think all the multipliers do is ding Detroit and Chicago.  

On 7/17/2021 at 6:19 PM, JaireAlex said:

And all those players are going to need to get paid most likely. This is why Gutey needs to swallow his pride and give Rodgers a reason to come back. It's really frustrating to watch this organization shun the "win now" philosophy. I'd rather win 3 Super Bowls in a row and suck for 3 more years than miss another Super Bowl.

I don't like moving on from AR either. If they do pursue present course, Miami is the only trade partner for Rodgers I can see that makes sense (assuming Tua doesn't improve).

Still don't like it for many reasons. This team is set for a good 4 year run right now. Better top to bottom roster than in 2010 outside of WR. (I could see us moving on from Adams. Just too much $$ for value and system. Nothing wrong with Adams.)

Edited by JaireAlex