Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean how many teams are really going to commutes to the run against us. This is probably our best front 7 in a very long time. Teams won’t waste their time if they hold up like they should. Meaning it should give opportunity to the pass rush. I see a lot of teams maybe doing quick screens instead of running the ball against us.

Teams will still try and build their run game. It keeps the defense honest. Huff is a good pass rusher but JFM is overall better. 2 preseason sacks don’t change that. The formula Saleh used with Armstead and Ford worked for a reason. 

59 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Teams will still try and build their run game. It keeps the defense honest. Huff is a good pass rusher but JFM is overall better. 2 preseason sacks don’t change that. The formula Saleh used with Armstead and Ford worked for a reason. 

100%. HUff is a situational pass rusher right now. We get way too excited with these guys sometimes. JFM is a legit NFL DE who has played well for us and only getting better. Huff is a nice player and also going to grow but I dont see this guy as a starter.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t disagree. I just think Huff not getting snaps as a rotation guy opposite Lawson would be a shame. He flat gets after the passer. No he’s not good in run protection… but in obvious passing situations he’s the best option

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t disagree. I just think Huff not getting snaps as a rotation guy opposite Lawson would be a shame. He flat gets after the passer. No he’s not good in run protection… but in obvious passing situations he’s the best option

Overworking edge tends to be problematic in NFL so Huff should get plenty action on the field with either JFM or Lawson collecting some breathing on the side.

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s in line to be the Dee Ford for this defense unless, and I hope this doesn’t happen, Vinny Curry takes that spot. Huff has earned it so far. I would prefer Curry spelling Lawson.

1 hour ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

What was up with all the anti-Mims headlines the past week? I know he’s missed time with a sickness but he is hands down one of your top 2 WR next to Davis. 

Surely he’s nowhere near the bubble and is a lock to be a starter, right?

I am sort of behind in that forum's activity but I think people jumped to the conclusion when he dropped to 2nd team and then 3rd team. That was all prior to food poisoning news coming out.

Edited by JetsandI

3 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

What was up with all the anti-Mims headlines the past week? I know he’s missed time with a sickness but he is hands down one of your top 2 WR next to Davis. 

Surely he’s nowhere near the bubble and is a lock to be a starter, right?

So far in camp (based on reports) he’s been outplayed by Davis, Moore, Crowder and Cole. He’s still developing but right now, he’s likely the 5th or 6th WR on our team. Elijah Moore has been the best young WR on our team this camp.

I don’t think he is at risk of being cut. We just have 6 good WRs on the team which is great.

Edited by SDotNova

5 hours ago, SDotNova said:

So far in camp (based on reports) he’s been outplayed by Davis, Moore, Crowder and Cole. He’s still developing but right now, he’s likely the 5th or 6th WR on our team. Elijah Moore has been the best young WR on our team this camp.

I don’t think he is at risk of being cut. We just have 6 good WRs on the team which is great.

Yea I agree, for the first time in many years we have real depth at WR. The way WR's went down last year thru out the NFL, not only the Jets, we are going to need every one of the WR on our roster. This not the NFL of twenty years ago, now we QB throwing forty to fifty passes a game and that wears down receivers.