Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

13 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

What was up with all the anti-Mims headlines the past week? I know he’s missed time with a sickness but he is hands down one of your top 2 WR next to Davis. 

Surely he’s nowhere near the bubble and is a lock to be a starter, right?

Sorry you can wish and hop all you want but he is 5 or 6 on the depth chart. That means he better be good at special teams too. He did play ok during preseason but he was going against the Giants 3rd and 4th string. I'm glad he is trying to fight his way back instead of crying about it. I just don't see him as a top 3 WR on an NFL team.  He is more of a 4-5 guy. Mims struggles getting separation and his route running is average to below average at best. I think he will make the team but will be inactive during games. He needs a few injuries to see playing time. 

13 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

What was up with all the anti-Mims headlines the past week? I know he’s missed time with a sickness but he is hands down one of your top 2 WR next to Davis. 

Surely he’s nowhere near the bubble and is a lock to be a starter, right?

He's not on the roster bubble and he's not getting traded. That was a reporter who wrote an article pretty much suggesting it and people ran with it. Everything from the team standpoint from the staff to GM rave about him and his work ethic.

IMO this has made Mims a better player. He's fighting every day for snaps. Where he quite frankly in his time last year deserved them given to him this year. It was bad QB play and awful play calling that made him not be a 2nd half star last season. But when you bring in 3 WRs it's going to create a rough depth chart. IMO Cole shouldn't be getting snaps over him. But it appears he is, so it is what it is. Moore if healthy has earned a starting role as a rookie. And obviously Davis is starting. So we are very talented 5 deep and even our 6-8 guys are good as well. But the top 5 are all very talented. Injuries and such might clear up this depth chart as I highly doubt all 5 of them are healthy every week. all 17 games. Ideally for me though I'd like Davis, Moore and Mims getting the most snaps then anyone. But I dont think thats how it works out. The vets in Crowder and Cole will be reliable to not bench. So Moore and Mims will have to outplay them to where they have to give them more snaps. I can see Moore doing this. Not sure Mims will be given enough reps to force this.

The good news is Crowder and Cole are likely gone after this season. So while the WR depth takes a hit. It still will leave us with a very talented and young 1,2,3,.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

He's not on the roster bubble and he's not getting traded. That was a reporter who wrote an article pretty much suggesting it and people ran with it. Everything from the team standpoint from the staff to GM rave about him and his work ethic.

IMO this has made Mims a better player. He's fighting every day for snaps. Where he quite frankly in his time last year deserved them given to him this year. It was bad QB play and awful play calling that made him not be a 2nd half star last season. But when you bring in 3 WRs it's going to create a rough depth chart. IMO Cole shouldn't be getting snaps over him. But it appears he is, so it is what it is. Moore if healthy has earned a starting role as a rookie. And obviously Davis is starting. So we are very talented 5 deep and even our 6-8 guys are good as well. But the top 5 are all very talented. Injuries and such might clear up this depth chart as I highly doubt all 5 of them are healthy every week. all 17 games. Ideally for me though I'd like Davis, Moore and Mims getting the most snaps then anyone. But I dont think thats how it works out. The vets in Crowder and Cole will be reliable to not bench. So Moore and Mims will have to outplay them to where they have to give them more snaps. I can see Moore doing this. Not sure Mims will be given enough reps to force this.

The good news is Crowder and Cole are likely gone after this season. So while the WR depth takes a hit. It still will leave us with a very talented and young 1,2,3,.

Just now, doumeyer said:

I could give a rats *** about the Jets depth chart on wide receivers. we should be happy we have a bunch of talented WR now. Do we really want to go back to the days of Robby Anderson and a bunch of no name receivers'

I'm expecting us to have a learning curve. The OL as a whole didn't play well. Not just Becton. I mean GB is an elite team. Were any of you guys expecting us to really get the better of them? This is a top 5 team in the NFL and we're a bottom 5 team. What I want to see is us bounce back today and show grit. I think this team has that. We wont be an easy game for anyone. Does that mean we will win a ton of games? I don't think so. But I think we will be competitive pretty much every game. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm expecting us to have a learning curve. The OL as a whole didn't play well. Not just Becton. I mean GB is an elite team. Were any of you guys expecting us to really get the better of them? This is a top 5 team in the NFL and we're a bottom 5 team. What I want to see is us bounce back today and show grit. I think this team has that. We wont be an easy game for anyone. Does that mean we will win a ton of games? I don't think so. But I think we will be competitive pretty much every game. 

Not having AVT hurts and honestly outside of him out guards and McGovern absolutely suck, but Becton really sounds like he’s struggling. Looking good for 10 snaps against the giants 2s won’t put minds at ease. Can’t have Zach getting killed or he’s going to develop just like every other rookie QB we’ve had.

Just now, ekill08x said:

Not having AVT hurts and honestly outside of him out guards and McGovern absolutely suck, but Becton really sounds like he’s struggling. Looking good for 10 snaps against the giants 2s won’t put minds at ease. Can’t have Zach getting killed or he’s going to develop just like every other rookie QB we’ve had.

He wasn't really going against the 2's Saturday. He was mostly against Ojulari who was a top 50 pick. And he dominated him. As always... I wouldn't be too worried about him yet. Unless this shows week in and week out when games matter. Right now is supposed to be when he's struggling. Figure it out now, so when it matter son Sundays, he's more prepared. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Practice reps are different than actual game reps. I forget which writer said it but they said they’ve never seen an O-Line practice better than they play. Becton should be fine. 

Exactly. The Packers are a elite team and we are a rebuilding team with very young players. This is a great learning experience for the team to see how a great organization practices. I'm not going to freak out because a SB contender is better than us. We aren't a playoff team, we are rebuilding.