Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Becton being checked for a concussion, he was vomiting on the field. Hopefully its not a concussion. 

AVT and Moore back.  Saw a clip of Wilson throwing a dime to Moore on the corner. 

Not a good summer for the big guy. He has got to be able to stay on the field for us too. Had a promising rookie season, still was hurt a bit, but he has to take steps forward and not backwards. That two weeks in between last preseason game and regular season will be vital. I would shut him down until then. Have him do conditioning work (assuming no concussion) and just keep him warm. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Not a good summer for the big guy. He has got to be able to stay on the field for us too. Had a promising rookie season, still was hurt a bit, but he has to take steps forward and not backwards. That two weeks in between last preseason game and regular season will be vital. I would shut him down until then. Have him do conditioning work (assuming no concussion) and just keep him warm. 

I mean with a few weeks before Week 1... he will be fine. The alarming part is more that he always seems to have something going on. Not a great look where its always something different with you on why you might be out. I know with protocols and all its not as simple as be tougher. But he has to get that mentality at some  point. Morgan Moses maybe helps him with this, since he hasn't missed a start in his career. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean with a few weeks before Week 1... he will be fine. The alarming part is more that he always seems to have something going on. Not a great look where its always something different with you on why you might be out. I know with protocols and all its not as simple as be tougher. But he has to get that mentality at some  point. Morgan Moses maybe helps him with this, since he hasn't missed a start in his career. 

I 100% agree. Always something. Big boy breaks easy. 

32 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Josh Malone, Manasseh Bailey, Tristen Hoge and Edmond Robinson are cut today.  Vinny Curry is put on NFI.

For sure, Hoge will be on PS for Jets next week. As for the rest of them I have no idea.

I actually thought Hoge might make the team given our OG depth. But yes he should for sure get moved to the PS.

I also wasn’t the biggest fan of us signing Curry. So I’m totally ok with him not being available to us for 6 weeks. Let the young guys play. Will it be rough? Of course. But they need reps to get better.

9 hours ago, doumeyer said:

When you drafted nine players like we did this year i think it does matter, there going to be a lot of crocodile tears when some of these picks get cut. This years preseason games have seen teams still not play any of their regulars. For the most part the preseasons games have been played by second and third team players for most of the teams. How can you judge these kids when they are playing against that type of competition? So it looks like the judgement on this kids will be made how they did in camp not preseason games. What makes us so different from most teams we had nine picks.

maxresdefault.jpg

I was about to mention Anthony Barr as an option. Someone who could play OLB & DE, but he has an undisclosed injury. Weird situation there. He's set to become a FA after this. Minny is set to have only $4M in cap space next offseason. They'll be dumping contracts. 

I say pull the trigger on Derek Barnett and use the other DE spot for competition. Maybe someone will pop up during the final cuts. 

(C) Designated Free Activation from Reserve Injured and Reserve Non-
Football Injury/Illness. During each season a team will be permitted to
return two three players from either the Reserve/Injured or the
Reserve/Non-Football Injury/Illness List to its 53-player Active/Inactive
List. Such players must have suffered a major football-related injury or non-
football-related injury or illness (defined as an injury that renders the player
physically unable to practice or play football for a period of at least six
weeks [42 calendar days] from the date that the injury or illness occurred)
after reporting to training camp and must have been placed on the applicable
Reserve List after 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the day after the final roster
reduction. A player who is eligible to return must be noted as “Designated
for Return” on the first day that he returns to practice.

Out of Season it is.