Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I was about to mention Anthony Barr as an option. Someone who could play OLB & DE, but he has an undisclosed injury. Weird situation there. He's set to become a FA after this. Minny is set to have only $4M in cap space next offseason. They'll be dumping contracts. 

I say pull the trigger on Derek Barnett and use the other DE spot for competition. Maybe someone will pop up during the final cuts. 

Yeah.. Barr is hurt.     I have to admit that there is no good list for Jets.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.. Barr is hurt.     I have to admit that there is no good list for Jets.

I never liked the 43 defense(I'm not blaming this on the scheme), but there just aren't a lot of 43 DE's out there we could possibly target. We have the picks, space, and potential players to package, but no one is out there. lol I might not be able to watch this defense without a decent pass rush. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Curry has been rehabbing since off season surgery and should be ready by week 2.  

He won't be a major factor at DE anyway.

No Curry is done for the year.

He was going to be a factor for sure even with Lawson.  Would have been in the rotation.  Wouldn't mind taking a flier on Fowler and seeing if we can get a bounce back year from him.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

No Curry is done for the year.

He was going to be a factor for sure even with Lawson.  Would have been in the rotation.  Wouldn't mind taking a flier on Fowler and seeing if we can get a bounce back year from him.

I’d be on board with that. 3 names that keeping popping up from what I see are Barnett, Fowler and Davenport

Two pass rushers needed in my opinion with losing Curry and our main guy Lawson. 

Pick up an edge free agent who can come in and rush the passer. Beasley or Vernon preferably. Shaq Lawson could be a cut candidate so he’d be a decent option. Just as that insurance card for us. 

Then we NEED to trade for a guy. I could care less if we are in ‘win now’ mode. This franchise needs to start winning football games and getting some respect. As we are now we have no proven edge rushers; Yet again heading into another season!! Been unlucky through injuries obviously but for me it’s a Chandler Jones or someone of that ilk. Maybe Crowder for Barnett although I still think we need a proper difference maker like Jones. Bring him home to NY please Joe!!! 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Two pass rushers needed in my opinion with losing Curry and our main guy Lawson. 

Pick up an edge free agent who can come in and rush the passer. Beasley or Vernon preferably. Shaq Lawson could be a cut candidate so he’d be a decent option. Just as that insurance card for us. 

Then we NEED to trade for a guy. I could care less if we are in ‘win now’ mode. This franchise needs to start winning football games and getting some respect. As we are now we have no proven edge rushers; Yet again heading into another season!! Been unlucky through injuries obviously but for me it’s a Chandler Jones or someone of that ilk. Maybe Crowder for Barnett although I still think we need a proper difference maker like Jones. Bring him home to NY please Joe!!! 

Doubt we add 2 starting DEs. That being said we need to add 1. And not even so we compete better. More so that we need to be able to judge these young CBs. And if there’s no pass rush, of course they’ll be getting burned. So we can’t properly even evaluate a key young group for our team. 

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

Nice post i agree, we do have to starting winning games, the way the defensive looks now, it is going kill us when it comes for time of position for the offensive. We sure can't go thru another  three of four win season. We have to win at least 7 or eight games to get any kind of respectability. I have had a belly full of being the laughing stock of the NFL. Like I said yesterday next years draft will be all about the defensive. What is killing us now is the Last seven years of drafting first round defensive picks, that were supposed to be the core of our current defensive who are all gone now for one reason or another. Only Q Williams is a keeper.