Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

On 7/28/2021 at 7:58 AM, Bobby816 said:

Not a good look to not pay Maye and this. Trust me players realize this and it does hurt us in FA.

We just need to get the deal done with Wilson. Everyday he's not here hurts in his development and relationship with the staff and teammates. 

As fan's I think we miss the big picture that the N.Y. Jets are an organization, or quite simply put a business. In this instance you pay people to perform and have to take into account past production, future production, injury and age.

As a business do you over pay for a commodity that is aging i.e. Maye ? Maye could ball out this year and earn a favorable contract from the Jets or another organization in the market for a quality S. 

The Jets are in rebuild mode, and I would be surprised if they didn't address the S position in next years draft, perhaps in the first round. If the Jets hand out hefty contracts it will be to Q, Becton, Tucker, etc. 

If you want to have a successful business you have to have a solid foundation and a commodity that sells.

The Jets are on track to do just that. 

What about the fans you may ask? We are beneficiaries of good business and organizational practices.

We've already be privy to a poorly run organization over the past 10 -12 years.

Herndon is done after this year especially if he is simply "OK". The Jets will not give him a new contract in the millions as the guy has been mediocre at best. 3 years is a long time to get it together. He's been a flop.

Cashman I like, but the guy is injury prone, perhaps through no fault of his own. Many promising players come into the league and are hurt even before their career takes off.

LB Lee from Dallas had an up and down injury prone career and game to game were concerned if he could stay on the field. When he was on the field he was great, but he was hurt Dallas lost a clog in the defense. How long can a team deal with that?

I think this is Shepard last hurrah also, he has shown flashes, but disappears, he just hasn't lived up to his potential, and you don't create a career on potential, production is what matters. I could also throw in a few more 3rd rounders into that mix on defense. Especially in light of FA signings which have a greater upside.

I think at least 3-4 UDFA will make the team, TE,DE,LB, CB., you can fill in the names.

Next year there will be at least 10 new players on the Jets to compete for jobs and many of the guys here this year are on borrowed time and will either be traded, released or cut outright.

As a fan, I can say this, we don't need projects who could develop into players, not unless they are UDFA. 

This year in rounds 1-4 the Jets added players, guys who the organization can build a foundation upon. We haven't had that in 10-12 years. As for the remainder of the draft, we can only hope 2 more work out as value picks that turned out players.

1 hour ago, Heymangold said:

i think the showing these guys gave the first 2 days of practice might make Saleh and JD reconsider bringing in a vet QB.

Nope. Saleh basically said once you’re down to your backup it’s pretty much over lol. They’re going to keep investing in Morgan and White. And it makes sense honestly. Wilson will play the whole year as long as he’s healthy. If he isn’t we probably ain’t winning anyway.