Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

7 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

My biggest concern on defense is our lack of edge and OLB. Starting 2 rookie safeties at OLB seems like we are going to have issues.

I think it will be mostly Nickel with Mosley and one of them.  When Davis is back it will be Mosley, Davis starting.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think it will be mostly Nickel with Mosley and one of them.  When Davis is back it will be Mosley, Davis starting.

Run defense might be real bad, but its hard to tell with defenses in preseason because they don't scheme and play extremely vanilla.

4 hours ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

We got problems. These two don’t look ready to be starting lbs. Getting pushed around by the Eagles second stringers. 

Exactly why I was pushing for us to sign a vet all summer.  That transition isn't easy. There are a lot of "hybrid" failures because they were thrown out there. J.Davis probably never played a full season,  Mosley has basically been gone for 2 years and jumping into a 17 game season,  and the WLB spot was wide open. Getting someone Nas/Sherwood could rotate with until they bulk & adapt. 

There is a big difference from playing in the box as a safety and being a NFL LB. I hope we can find some that can give them time to grow. I really like their potential. We don't have to watch them get dragged for them to improve.

Now you see why I have been so down on our defensive in my posts all week. If we don't so something fast, Wilson is going to spend a lot of time on the bench watching our defensive getting pushed up and down the field all game long. If anybody thinks all those mid to late round picks are going to turn this defensive around just forget about it. We finally got a QB, and now we have a defensive line that sucks. We have three good players on defensive the other eight stink.

4 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Now you see why I have been so down on our defensive in my posts all week. If we don't so something fast, Wilson is going to spend a lot of time on the bench watching our defensive getting pushed up and down the field all game long. If anybody thinks all those mid to late round picks are going to turn this defensive around just forget about it. We finally got a QB, and now we have a defensive line that sucks. We have three good players on defensive the other eight stink.

By no means this is this Douglas or Saleh fault it all goes back to my post yesterday when I said the  core of our current defensive should have been all those first round defensive draft pick my Macc. his last six years here.

I think Saleh said it took Warner a year to get to the weight they wanted for him. So it’s going to take time for Sherwood and Hamsah to bulk up with good weight.

Our run defense will be fine. Mosley, Foley and Q are great run defenders. We are just a bit thin on the run defense front behind them.

I still see us as a 6-7 win team. We need guys to develop and we need to add more impact players on defense. 

Edited by SDotNova

I get funny feeling that Morgan and Yeboah could wind up on different team if they were put on waiver.  JD likes Morgan that much so I doubt he will be put on the waiver but as for Yeboah, Jets should trade him for late pick.

I think Jets will put Mike White on IR so they can carry 3 qbs with Josh Johnson serving as back up qb for first 6 weeks.  Maybe Jets will be in luck if other team needs qb help (trade for JJ). lol.

As for Jets' record, I can see Patriots' charisma still haunts us; NFC South owning us (3-1); Bills could sweep us.  Splitting Patriots and Bills for Titans and Colts.

That makes Jets' 7 losses so I think Jets may end up winning 7-10 games depend on dumb luck(s).

Edited by JetsandI