Training Camp 2021

Bobby816

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I just have a feeling we’re doing something at TE. For a system that loves the TE. To really only have Kroft is risky 

I am hoping we make a trade for Ertz.  Sure hes 30, but we can afford to get a veteran at some positions with how young our team is. He would be a nice option for Wilson to throw to. 

With all our worries about the defensive, now the big worry is what are we going to do at the TE position? The two guys we have on the roster now, are they any good? They can't be judged by their play in preseason games because for the most part they have playing again 2 & 3 tier players. Douglas made the right move getting rid of Chris Herndon, he really was a dud.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

With all our worries about the defensive, now the big worry is what are we going to do at the TE position? The two guys we have on the roster now, are they any good? They can't be judged by their play in preseason games because for the most part they have playing again 2 & 3 tier players. Douglas made the right move getting rid of Chris Herndon, he really was a dud.

i honestly don't know how you go into a season with only 2 TEs, one of them being used as a FB.  either their going to bring in 1-2 more TEs, bring in Mason at FB and bring in another TE.  either way, a TE needs to be added haha

5 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I am hoping we make a trade for Ertz.  Sure hes 30, but we can afford to get a veteran at some positions with how young our team is. He would be a nice option for Wilson to throw to. 

I wouldn’t hate it. And that’s really only Bc he’s help Wilson a ton. We’d still need to address the position in FA or draft this next year. So he’d just be a bandaid. 

53 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We’re 2nd on the waiver wire so I’m sure we have a guy we want in mind.

LB and TE are the obvious thin spots on this team now. We left wiggle room with cuts with carrying 8 CBs.

That is interesting i didn't know there was a order to pick players who were cut this time of the year. With that said we have a chance to sign a player that could fill one of our holes on the roster.

So an interesting thing at TE that I could see happen is this. Herndon bc the trade isn't official yet is still actually on our 53 man roster. So when the trade goes through (should be today) we actually have an additional roster spot. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Yeboah (if he clears waivers) gets that spot. 

16 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

That is interesting i didn't know there was a order to pick players who were cut this time of the year. With that said we have a chance to sign a player that could fill one of our holes on the roster.

4+ year player can sign any team. Less than 4 player has to go through waive wire before he can sign any team.   Jets will remain number 2 in the waiver system until week 2. 

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So an interesting thing at TE that I could see happen is this. Herndon bc the trade isn't official yet is still actually on our 53 man roster. So when the trade goes through (should be today) we actually have an additional roster spot. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Yeboah (if he clears waivers) gets that spot. 

Pending physical, perhaps?    Yeboah won't take Herndon's spot for sure. 

Our TE situation is bottom 5 in the league. The cuts just revealed how thin we’ve been. Kroft has shown to be a good backup and Wesco a descent starting FB. Everyone else sucked. We really need a guy who’s a descent starting TE. Maybe also a guy who can compete with Wesco for the FB position.

I’d trade for Ertz and pick up Ben Mason. Then I’ll trade Crowder for a draft pick. We should still draft a TE within the first 3 rounds next year.

Edited by SDotNova

10 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I find it amazing how fast you get info on players & scores in 2021. I remember when I was I kid in the mid fifties if you wanted to get the Sundays pro football scores. My father had to drive me to downtown Paterson NJ, and on the corner of Main & Market. to get the late 8.pm edition of the Daily News to get the scores. The only score you ever got on the TV or radio was the Giants score. It was really like the stone age in those day to get pro football info.

10 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

So what's your guys opinion on the backfield situation? Will Carter emerge as the man eventually? Is it going to be a legit 3 headed monster? 

Definitely not 3 headed monster.   Since it is a brand new to Jets we can't be certain who will be our vast contributor until it becomes clear.  We hope it is Carter, though.

14 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I find it amazing how fast you get info on players & scores in 2021. I remember when I was I kid in the mid fifties if you wanted to get the Sundays pro football scores. My father had to drive me to downtown Paterson NJ, and on the corner of Main & Market. to get the late 8.pm edition of the Daily News to get the scores. The only score you ever got on the TV or radio was the Giants score. It was really like the stone age in those day to get pro football info.

Ain't you scared of what is coming next (after Internet). lol.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Yes. Every player when traded has to pass a physical for it to be official. So that's whey he still is on our 53 man roster.

There's just no way we go into the season with 1 TE and a FB that can play TE.

I'd guess we're hoping Yeboah clears waivers and he can just be brought back when Hendon hopefully passes his physical. Not that he will play a bunch. More so that we just don't really have 1 TE and he'd just be taking Herndon's roster spot.